PDA

View Full Version : Mature gamer, new to FG, seeking game(s)

GreggET
June 19th, 2007, 04:33
I am looking for a regular game (maybe a couple of games) starting around 6:00 pm (or later) Eastern (US) Time weeknights, or Sunday afternoon or evening.

I would prefer something fairly "vanilla" (D&D with the standard races and classes); but I'd consider other games.

(I'm also fan of Deadlands-ish games; steampunk-type stuff, especially combined with fantasy elements; Shadowrun-type settings; pulp-inspired worlds -- think Alan Quartermain, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Lost World, Victorian stuff; modern Cthulu-ish/Illuminati-ish stuff -- I love the concept of Agents of Oblivion; alternative D&D settings -- Oriental, Nyambe, Maztica.)

Definitely most familiar with D20, but willing to consider alternatives.

I am decidedly NOT interested in playing with people who are oversized children, or ANYONE who gets a thrill out of lording things over other players. Also, I have no patience for people who want to argue ad infinitum about rules; and, honestly, I'm not very fond of uber-meta-gamers. In short: if it is not fun (or ceases to be fun), I'm out.

If you know of a game that needs a player, and you think -- based on what I wrote above -- I might fit in there well, please let me know.

Thanks,
Gregg