PDA

View Full Version : Public vs non-public settings

Ghuulk
February 8th, 2021, 18:32
Hey all,

Weird one for you. Of late, every time I log back into FG (Classic, Ultimate Edition), I discover that it has automatically made EVERYTHING public. As the DM for our group, this is HUGELY problematic. It means every single time we play, I have to go through all the STORY, NOTES, IMAGES, NPCs, etc. sections and set hundreds of things back to PRIVATE rather than public.

To make matters worse, I have to wait until all players are logged on to do so. Why? If I do it BEFORE players log in, once they start logging in, the status of everything changes to SHARED, meaning I have to just go through and do it all over again.

Is anyone else encountering this problem? Anyone have any idea how to fix it? I would love a clever solution, because this is just brutal (particularly because our campaign has been running for three years straight and their is TONs of "secret" material that has built up over time that helps make the story rich and interesting, etc.).

I suppose I should note that I have never experienced this problem before, and first noted it in late December.

Any ideas?

Trenloe
February 8th, 2021, 18:39
That sounds very weird.

Which ruleset are you using?
Are you running any extensions?
Is FG set to the live, dev or test channel?

One thing to try when you start your campaign - type /flushdb in the chat window, this should remove all sharing of every single record. See if that resets the campaign.

Ghuulk
February 8th, 2021, 19:10
Hey there! Thanks for the fast reply. Agree it is VERY weird, so super happy for ideas from the brain trust.

To answer your questions:
- ruleset: 5E
- extensions: nope
- live/dev/test channel: erm, no idea?

Trenloe
February 8th, 2021, 20:37
- live/dev/test channel: erm, no idea?
Start FG, click the settings button, down the bottom of the window under Updates -> Mode.

Try seeing if the /flushdb chat command resets the sharing.

Ghuulk
February 8th, 2021, 22:45
Hey Trenloe!

Thanks for this. Confirming it is on "Live" mode.

I am going to try the /flushdb fix this evening and will report back to see if this provides the fix. Much appreciated.

Ghuulk
February 8th, 2021, 23:41
Follow-up: the reset worked. I now have to re-share the key pieces, but this is much better than the alternative. Thanks for the assist.

Trenloe
February 8th, 2021, 23:45
I’m wondering why this occurred, and thinking that maybe something set one of he top database nodes to public. Can you look at one of the dB.session....xml files from your campaign directory, during the time when you had issues, and post the first dozen or so lines here please.

Nylanfs
February 9th, 2021, 01:37
I remember an update to how the campaign images and story entries were handled, but I thought that marked everything as private and had to be re-shared.