PDA

View Full Version : Accidentally deleted the DM MAP: Barovia. How do I get it back

Gobiwann
February 7th, 2021, 16:06
So I am in the middle of a session when I accidentally deleted the DM Map of Barovia.

Is there a quick way to get it back? I tried to reboot and update Fantasy grounds Classic but it did not bring it back. Is there a way to get it back easily?

Jiminimonka
February 7th, 2021, 16:59
If it is part of the Curse of Strahd campaign then doing an update should fix it - if not find the WoTC5ECOS.dat file in your /vault folder and delete it and it will re-download when you launch FG.

Trenloe
February 7th, 2021, 16:59
You never actually change anything in the base module, all you do is make changes to the module data within a campaign. You can revert those campaign based changes.

Go to the module activation screen, right click on the module the map was in and select "revert changes" - this will set everything in that module back to it's original state within that campaign, if you’ve made any edits to module records they'll be lost.

Gobiwann
February 7th, 2021, 17:36
You never actually change anything in the base module, all you do is make changes to the module data within a campaign. You can revert those campaign based changes.

Go to the module activation screen, right click on the module the map was in and select "revert changes" - this will set everything in that module back to it's original state within that campaign, if you’ve made any edits to module records they'll be lost.

Perfect!

That's what I figured, but I couldn't navigate around it to reload it back. I ended up using the Player's map instead and then downloaded the links to it. I think I will continue with this until the completion of the campaign.

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

dellanx
February 16th, 2021, 02:18
In the campaign code, where would the deleted map is referenced?