PDA

View Full Version : Any news on when Cthulhu Mythos for 5e is launching in the FG store?

Filbert13
February 7th, 2021, 15:52
I'm looking to see if there is any news or update on Sandy Petersen’s Cthulhu Mythos launching for Fantasy Grounds.

On their site they posted this article on Jan 20th saying it should be coming later that week. Yet, I'm still not seeing it in any searches in the store.

https://petersengames.com/sandy-petersens-cthulhu-mythos-coming-on-fantasy-grounds/

I also posted on the Sandy Peterson Forums a week ago but haven't had any update or response over there.

Jiminimonka
February 7th, 2021, 16:55
I'm looking to see if there is any news or update on Sandy Petersen’s Cthulhu Mythos launching for Fantasy Grounds.

On their site they posted this article on Jan 20th saying it should be coming later that week. Yet, I'm still not seeing it in any searches in the store.

https://petersengames.com/sandy-petersens-cthulhu-mythos-coming-on-fantasy-grounds/

I also posted on the Sandy Peterson Forums a week ago but haven't had any update or response over there.

when you see it on the store ;) I guess soon.

LordEntrails
February 7th, 2021, 17:34
My observations on these type things is that the publisher will often think that when the send the product to SmiteWorks it will automatically appear on the FG Store in a matter of days. Which can happen, but it has to go through a Quality Control check first, and depending on how that goes, it can take a few months for everything discovered by QC to get resolved.

in short, it's in process, but no way to know how long until its available. And SW doesn't comment on things until it has passed all QC checks and is ready to upload to the store.

spoonhead
February 8th, 2021, 13:07
It would be good to know if their adventure paths they release monthly will also be converted. I did Ghoul Island myself and ran that on FG. Just converted the bits I needed from CM for 5E as and when.

Ludd_G
April 2nd, 2021, 18:03
Any news on this? I'd hate to find out it's not happening anymore :(

DAWPage
April 4th, 2021, 14:07
Yeah, same here.

Filbert13
April 4th, 2021, 14:44
Also I had posted this on the sandypeterson forums as well. Was told back on Feb 11th it was still in the works but not ready yet.

https://petersengames.com/forum/role-playing-games/is-cthulhu-mythos-for-5e-still-coming-to-fantasy-grounds-store/

I'm assuming it is still coming but obviously delayed.

similarly
April 4th, 2021, 16:12
Wow! That looks really interesting. I hope it comes soon.

Frodie
May 28th, 2021, 01:51
Same here, can't wait!!!

spoonhead
May 28th, 2021, 04:58
if you hop over to kickstarter, and search for their Ghoul Island campaign from a couple of years ago, there is a reply to a question that the files have been submitted and waiting on Smiteworks just this week. So it might be soon.

Ludd_G
July 2nd, 2021, 10:16
Any news?

LordEntrails
July 2nd, 2021, 17:29
You're going to have to ask Petersen games at this point. As stated earlier, SW rarely comments until a product is ready for the store. I'm guessing when PG early said they sent it to SW, they did not mean a completed ruleset. Maybe they had only sent it over to see if SW could find a ruleset developer to convert/create it for them.

Jiminimonka
July 2nd, 2021, 19:12
According to the Developer list it is not available for adaptation, so usually that means someone is working on converting it already.

Ludd_G
July 2nd, 2021, 21:50
Cheers for the info!

Filbert13
August 26th, 2021, 16:57
It's August and was planned for Jan, been 7 months. Hoping it does show up soon. I have been holding off running a campaign on FG because I kept assuming it would be here in another week or two.

Also my last update on the forum I posted over at Sandy Petersen games when I made this post was from June 1st. Tony, who I understand is the employee who summitted it to FG said it is just waiting for approval still.

https://petersengames.com/forum/role-playing-games/is-cthulhu-mythos-for-5e-still-coming-to-fantasy-grounds-store/

I really hope we get an answer soon. Even if it just is that it isn't coming. I really want to run Yig Snake Granddaddy on FGU but if at least the core SPCM isn't upload with in a month, I'm just going to run it in person with a different group of people.

spoonhead
August 26th, 2021, 17:03
I just got a reply on a support ticket from Peterson Games.

My apologies that it took so long to get back to you, George said they are still working through some rights issues, so he doesn't know when it's going to be going up yet, but they are still working on it. Sorry I don't have anything more specific than that at the moment. I'm sure once it is ready it will be announced in our newsletter as well.