PDA

View Full Version : Ift: Custom()

rhagelstrom
February 6th, 2021, 17:25
I gave my players a sword that does extra damage to mages

I give any mage the effect:
Mage;

My player has the following effect and it never triggers when targeting a creature with the Mage effect
IFT: CUSTOM(Mage); DMG: 1; ATK: 1

If I put the Mage effect on my player and change player effect to the following it works:
IF: CUSTOM(Mage); DMG: 1; ATK: 1

Am I missing something or is IFT: CUSTOM() not working as intended?

i3ullseye
February 6th, 2021, 23:18
I use IFT for Warlock hexes and Hunters Mark all the time. Has been working fine as of this past Wednesday in FGU. Often a problem can creep in with an extra space being placed somewhere, so maybe double check for that.

rhagelstrom
February 7th, 2021, 18:04
I use IFT for Warlock hexes and Hunters Mark all the time. Has been working fine as of this past Wednesday in FGU. Often a problem can creep in with an extra space being placed somewhere, so maybe double check for that.

IFT works as intended if I used DMG or ADVATK but I can't get it to correctly apply any ATK bonus.

Works for ADVATK, DISATK, DMG but not ATK

Trenloe
February 7th, 2021, 18:07
ATK effects don't change the modifier to the dice roll, but are used in the to hit calculation. You can see if effects are used, they'll be indicated in the attack result string - for example, [Effects +1]

rhagelstrom
February 7th, 2021, 18:27
Ah there we go, I see it now. Working as intended of course, just user error.. Thank you