PDA

View Full Version : Migrating from monthly account to Ultimate

Aiddar
February 6th, 2021, 17:06
Hi there.

Hoping this is the correct place to put this one...

Recently converted from a monthly subscription (FGU) to a 1-off FGU Ultimate. With help from customer services, they terminated my old account, so it did not debit my money and I was able to use the new account to login to FGU. Yay - no more monthly subscriptions....

However... it seems to be a new subscription, NOT an upgrade to my existing one... as such I now have no access to all the stuff I had purchased on the old (monthly subscription) account.

I have a call out to Customer Services, but as I am due to be running a game tonight, this is quite urgent. Anyone know how I can get all my old books associated to my new account?

Many thanks

Aiddar

Zacchaeus
February 6th, 2021, 17:25
Licenses are not tied to an account so once you have entered your license key, username and password into settings and updated then all your DLC will download.

Aiddar
February 6th, 2021, 17:37
That is what I thought, but unfortunately getting a load of error messages at the start:-

Hopefully just me being an idiot, not clicking a button somewhere!!

For info - none of my DLCs are showing as available modules to be loaded :-( - rules, adventures, maps packs - none showing as being present

Cheers

Jiminimonka
February 6th, 2021, 17:53
That is what I thought, but unfortunately getting a load of error messages at the start:-

Hopefully just me being an idiot, not clicking a button somewhere!!

For info - none of my DLCs are showing as available modules to be loaded :-( - rules, adventures, maps packs - none showing as being present

Cheers

That is not a licence issue that is a directory issue probably. Check where the Data folder is in Settings - Advanced and make sure its pointing to the old Data Directory.

masterqgj
February 6th, 2021, 18:00
and after that make sure that you did a complete "update". Afaik a licence change leads to the need to make an update.

Aiddar
February 6th, 2021, 18:33
Excellent - many thanks! Did a full update and hey presto! Everything is there again - I just need to re-set the styles now and I am done.

Thanks again - much appreciated.

masterqgj
February 6th, 2021, 18:44
nice, good to hear, have fun in today's game :)