PDA

View Full Version : Script error when using the CT attack dice

Sulimo
February 6th, 2021, 04:59
I got the error below when trying to double click the attack dice in the CT after CTRL+Click to target a combatant.

Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:168: setValue: Unable to create node

No extensions.

FGU 4.0.10
RMC 2.1.23

I do get a similar error in FGC (a different number 160 instead of 168).

Only two entries in the CT, the PC (running from a second instance on the host machine) and an Orc.

I did CTRL+Click as the PC on the Orc in the CT (doing CTRL+Click on the map token gives the same error).

Dragging the attack dice to the target works fine (either CT or on the map).

Pic of the CT:
https://i.imgur.com/cqRaisp.png

Also attached the logs if that helps.

I originally had a couple of extensions (a language extension, and Player Agency, but it still happens without those enabled). It also happens in a new campaign that never had those loaded.

Let me know if you need anything else to assist.

Stuart
February 6th, 2021, 09:55
We ran into similar problems using FGC last night - Dakadin is on it (bless his little coding fingers) of course.

Custom items popped up as Unidentified, attacks could only be made by dropping dice onto the map tokens etc. Game still playable but just needed to adjust what we did and recreate items.

JohnD
February 6th, 2021, 18:13
The screenshot looks like your weapons don't have attack tables associated with them (the red crossout line on the right side). Go into your weapons and select the right attack matrix for the weapon. Might help. :)

Stuart
February 6th, 2021, 19:22
Sadly John, that did not fix everything - some attacks still failed to pop up the Table Resolver.

Sulimo
February 6th, 2021, 19:45
The screenshot looks like your weapons don't have attack tables associated with them (the red crossout line on the right side). Go into your weapons and select the right attack matrix for the weapon. Might help. :)

I don't think so, and a quick check shows it looks fine when I open up the weapon.

https://i.imgur.com/Owp84sT.png

NOTE: This image (and the one in the OP) are on the Player side, not the GM side. It looks fine (no line through the table icon) on the GM side.

I don't have a lot of time to play around with it now, game soon, and we have a work around if needed.

Dakadin
February 6th, 2021, 19:50
I think it is related to the way permissions are handled with the campaign DB so I need to adjust the way I did the fix for exhaustion. I have a good idea how to accomplish it unfortunately it won't make this Tuesday's release since I am already past the deadline.

Sulimo
February 6th, 2021, 19:51
I think it is related to the way permissions are handled with the campaign DB so I need to adjust the way I did the fix for exhaustion. I have a good idea how to accomplish it unfortunately it won't make this Tuesday's release since I am already past the deadline.

Nice, that's ok about the update, it's not that big a deal to drag/drop the dice to the token or ct entry.

Arion
February 10th, 2021, 12:29
I have found the same thing. However, the GM rolling an attack from the same link in the CT seems to unlock it and allows the players to roll their own.

Dakadin
February 10th, 2021, 21:21
It is related to the fact that the players rolling is trying to create some new node that they don't have access to. I do have it fixed and have someone testing to verify it. If so it should be available on Tuesday.

As Arion says, the GM rolling a melee, missile and spell attack for each character should allow the players to do it from that point on. Sorry about the trouble.

Stuart
February 11th, 2021, 06:30
Dakadin - the gang are due to test this fully on Friday night but from what I can see so far ... I think you've fixed it.
1) Items that were GM/Player creations that were appearing as "Unidentified" - fixed
2) Combat Tables not being found by items (thus could not pop open the Table Resolver) - fixed

Those were the two mishaps that we encountered last session ... but in truth, we worked around them ... and from a GMs perspective, "the party happily lurch towards a tpk having uncovered a lat of Shards."

Roll on Friday (sorry).

Dakadin
February 11th, 2021, 06:59
Thanks for the update. I will be turning it over for release tomorrow night so hopefully it goes well on Friday :)

Dakadin
February 12th, 2021, 16:15
The fixed version is on the test channel and will be released on Tuesday.

Stuart
February 12th, 2021, 22:54
Everything worked fine tonight Dakadin - thanks for the fix!

Dakadin
February 12th, 2021, 23:06
That's great news. Thanks again for testing it!

Arion
February 17th, 2021, 13:19
Not sure if it is related (and we didn't get a chance to use the updated version last night) but for the past three weeks, attacks have stopped populating in the Resolver. That is GM and player. I will roll my attack from the CT as usual, the dice will roll and appear in the chat log. But nothing at all in the Table Resolver. No script errors anywhere. restarting the session fixes it.

It has happened once (at varying times) in each of our last 3 weeks games, but has only happened once each game.

I realise that this is almost impossible to track down as there is no error log and it is an intermittent fault, but I thought i would mention it.

Stuart
February 17th, 2021, 14:00
This should now be fixed - the CT and Table Resolver behaved perfectly last Friday for the game I run after an update.

Dakadin
February 17th, 2021, 17:00
Not sure if it is related (and we didn't get a chance to use the updated version last night) but for the past three weeks, attacks have stopped populating in the Resolver. That is GM and player. I will roll my attack from the CT as usual, the dice will roll and appear in the chat log. But nothing at all in the Table Resolver. No script errors anywhere. restarting the session fixes it.

It has happened once (at varying times) in each of our last 3 weeks games, but has only happened once each game.

I realise that this is almost impossible to track down as there is no error log and it is an intermittent fault, but I thought i would mention it.

That might have been related to the errors that players were getting when making attacks. As Stuart said, the release yesterday should have fixed the issue but please let me know if you encounter any issues after updating.