PDA

View Full Version : Region Locked?

AckImDead2
February 5th, 2021, 18:40
I tried to join a cloud game being run by a DM in New Zealand (I am in the US) and we couldn't see the game listed, even though he could see it.
Is there a region lock?

Moon Wizard
February 5th, 2021, 18:42
No, there is no region lock. Are you looking up the GM by their FG forum user name?

Regards,
JPG

AckImDead2
February 5th, 2021, 19:14
I and the others trying to join went through the entire list of cloud games, reading the names of each event. He / We didn't find one that matched anything.
we ended up working with a direct connection, but that was also an issue (not due to FG). Then we had problems where a character was owned by the wrong player and no matter what was done, the token went back under their control.
*shrug*
I blame William Shatner.

Moon Wizard
February 5th, 2021, 23:50
Next time the GM has a chance to start a server using the cloud option, he can reach out here to the community, or on Discord, or send a note to our support. Then, you can see if other people are seeing the same issue. (I'd use a new campaign just for testing, so the GM doesn't have to worry about people adding test characters.)

Regards,
JPG

DevildrummerX
February 6th, 2021, 01:04
One thing I will note, I am pretty sure if the DM has set the table to private then the game will not show up in the list of cloud games. In order to find it you will need to search for the DM name instead.

Fear Grounds
February 6th, 2021, 02:57
I have all my players join by GM name instead of search by name. Worked every time so far

Bonkon
February 6th, 2021, 16:20
Good Day AckImDead2 :)
Also make sure the GM's name is typed the same, if there are upper case letters make sure they are used. One of my players could not find me by name search because they used all lower case. :)

Moon Wizard
February 7th, 2021, 00:34
If the GM marks the game as private, it will not show up in the lobby list when searching. You'll have to type their FG forum user name in manually.

Regards,
JPG