PDA

View Full Version : Doug Davison and his luck with rolls.

FG_Dave
February 5th, 2021, 16:24
Hey everyone.

I always appreciate good rolls and Doug is a clutch roller in our Pathfinder 2 Extinction Curse campaign.

Doug was rolling 3d6 damage and rolled an 18 with 3 x 6's. That is a very low probability roll in the first place.

So as a kid playing D&D in the 1980's most of the time when my friends and I would go to a pickup game where the game was AD&D 2e every time there was a fighter at the table they would always have a 18 / 100 strength. I would always say to myself, yeah right.

So as I have been DM'ing, anytime would roll an 18, I would always have fun and say go ahead and roll a D100 percentile and lets just pretend and say your rolling for a percentile Strength and see what happens. Doug then throws a percentile and rolls a 100. Unbelievable. LOL

In all of my years DM'ing this is the first time I have seen this and here is the screenshot to prove it.

SilentRuin
February 5th, 2021, 16:39
I have the opposite problem. I have horrible rolls, and my players know it and often want me to roll things for them as they know regardless of a high roll or low roll I'll do the opposite of what I need (sigh).

Not Wil Wheaton rolls - but bad enough :)

[and that is invalid attachment FYI]

Zacchaeus
February 5th, 2021, 17:33
Isn't there some special lines of code inside FG that reads if DD is rolling then roll max? :)

Valyar
February 5th, 2021, 17:55
Screenshot or it didn’t happen! (Can’t open the attachment)

Jiminimonka
February 5th, 2021, 18:16
Hey everyone.

I always appreciate good rolls and Doug is a clutch roller in our Pathfinder 2 Extinction Curse campaign.

Doug was rolling 3d6 damage and rolled an 18 with 3 x 6's. That is a very low probability roll in the first place.

So as a kid playing D&D in the 1980's most of the time when my friends and I would go to a pickup game where the game was AD&D 2e every time there was a fighter at the table they would always have a 18 / 100 strength. I would always say to myself, yeah right.

So as I have been DM'ing, anytime would roll an 18, I would always have fun and say go ahead and roll a D100 percentile and lets just pretend and say your rolling for a percentile Strength and see what happens. Doug then throws a percentile and rolls a 100. Unbelievable. LOL

In all of my years DM'ing this is the first time I have seen this and here is the screenshot to prove it.

I can't see that picture - say contact administrator. :(

damned
February 5th, 2021, 23:58
It used to make my cry every time I rolled an 18 for Strength. I would never roll over 50 on the d100 and I would always feel like i just wasted this brilliant 18 roll.

ddavison
February 6th, 2021, 01:36
First time in 44 years for me. :)

Asgurgolas
February 6th, 2021, 01:55
We lost our dwarf cleric during tonight game...

Since the start of the gaming session he rolled 1, 1, 4, 3, 2, 1. The last 1 was a death effect XD

Blahness98
February 6th, 2021, 18:50
Since the start of the gaming session he rolled 1, 1, 4, 3, 2, 1. The last 1 was a death effect XD

Jeez the Wheaton curse is spreading..

Jiminimonka
February 6th, 2021, 19:26
Still can't see the picture.

Valyar
February 6th, 2021, 20:53
It didn't happen! :)

Jiminimonka
February 6th, 2021, 21:31
It didn't happen! :)

Seems so, the picture doesn't work....