PDA

View Full Version : Can I designate damage reduction (DR/) in the D&D Classic ruleset

thendrich
February 5th, 2021, 12:35
Is there a way I emulate damage reduction mechanic in the the D&D Classic ruleset?

Hi, all. I'm a fan of the DR mechanic and wonder if there's a way I can implement this for my monsters in my campaign. I'm new to FGU, and thought I'd check this out.

Thank you in advance for your insight! Tom

Sterno
February 5th, 2021, 13:20
I believe you could use the "RESIST" effect for this. The format is "RESIST: n damagetype", where n is how much damage reduction you want and "damagetype" is the type of damage to reduce (or all if you just leave it blank).

Examples:

RESIST: 2 fire -- The character with this effect would take 2 less fire damage
RESIST: 3 bludgeoning, piercing, slashing -- The character with this effect would take 3 less damage from bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing weapons
RESIST: 1 -- The character would take 1 less damage from all sources

Lastly, I believe you can leave the number off, and it turns into a "take half damage" sort of thing, so if you had:

RESIST: fire -- You'd take half of the damage you normally would from fire.

You can read more about the available effects here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996641187/Reference+-+Effects

thendrich
February 5th, 2021, 13:48
Thanks a lot, Sterno!

celestian
February 5th, 2021, 15:46
Is there a way I emulate damage reduction mechanic in the the D&D Classic ruleset?

Hi, all. I'm a fan of the DR mechanic and wonder if there's a way I can implement this for my monsters in my campaign. I'm new to FGU, and thought I'd check this out.

Thank you in advance for your insight! Tom

There are a large list of effects that allows you to set up various resists. You can find them on the document site here (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996641187/Reference+-+Effects#Effect-Modifiers). It also has some examples on the different types.

thendrich
February 6th, 2021, 08:44
Thank you, Celestian!