PDA

View Full Version : Token space for longboys

jedorian
February 4th, 2021, 04:49
Will we eventually be able to size tokens for all the creatures that have long bodies?

I'd like to be able to set a token that's a colossal creature, but that size is only 15 or 20 feet wide, but maybe 60 to 100 feet long. Like a purple worm that isn't burrowing, or a titanic boa constrictor, or something like that. A great big slithery kaiju. You know, just big ol' lengthy monsters.

Is there an extension that already works this in for any of the rulesets out there?

LordEntrails
February 4th, 2021, 05:12
You can manually scale any token to any size. Use scroll wheel when the token is selected. Some rulesets it might be ctrl-scroll or alt or some such, but the functionality is there today.

Moon Wizard
February 4th, 2021, 05:59
While you can use and scale tokens of any size, the distance/targeting is all based on squares/circles right now. It has been talked about; but very few systems use it, and those that do only use for a small percentage of creatures.

You can add to the wish list in my sig, so the community can vote.

Regards,
JPG

DDM869
February 4th, 2021, 16:30
One work around I use is that I have the token or picture I want for the creature/vehicle/whatever, then put that on the map as an image on it's own layer above the actual map terrain layer. Then, I take a blank .png image and use that as the token for the creature and place it over top the image on the map.