PDA

View Full Version : License question

arnon
June 15th, 2007, 17:41
Got a question about the Full License, and i hope it isn't out of line...

We (we = a group of friends) are planning on buying FG. There will probably be three regular players and two Players/GMs (meaning that a friend and I are going to alternate between playing and GMing a campaign).

The question is: Once you enter the license string into the program, is it possible to "pass" the license from one person to another? So in essence we buy 4 Lite and 1 Full license that we pass between us whenever one or another of us wants to play? Or is the license "imbeded" into the program, so we have to buy a Full License to anyone who wants to GM?

Also, if i buy Lite License can I later upgrade it to full license and how much will it cost?

Thanks,
arnon

Griogre
June 15th, 2007, 17:52
There is no upgrade. So you should buy the Full if you are going to run a game.

Probably by the licence you are not allowed to pass it around but I haven't read it recently but it is unlikey any licence would allow that.

Honestly, you are talking a difference of something like 10 bucks - if you are planning on playing more than a session or two - I would pay the 10 bucks just to avoid the hassel of passing around a key and then re-installing and updating.

richvalle
June 15th, 2007, 17:53
The Elua (I think I spelled that right) says you can only run one license of FG on one computer. So, if two of you are going to DM you should each buy the full version.

On a pratical side this would be better as when one person is DM'ing the other can be creating stuff inside his full version for his turn.

If you both buy the full version you don't need lite versions as the full does both.

Last I heard there was no upgrade path yet though I think one was talked about/ requested. In theory you could buy the full version and then sell/give the lite version to someone else.

rv

richvalle
June 15th, 2007, 17:54
Hmmm, Griogre's fast typing skills have become strong! :)

arnon
June 15th, 2007, 17:57
That was quick. :)

Thanks for the answers.

arnon

richvalle
June 15th, 2007, 17:58
Go on... you can say my answer was better.

:)

Griogre
June 15th, 2007, 18:01
*snicker* You wouldn't want him to shade the truth, now would you? ;) You are more coherent probably though - I just woke up. :p