PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player - PST (available after 4p most days)

darkguardian
February 3rd, 2021, 21:46
LFG 1 Player, available most days from 4p to 11p (Once a night is committed to, that would have to be my night to play)

FG License: Free Version, willing to buy
Time Zone: Pacific
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Available most evenings after 4-5pm, with a weekly preferred, or at least bi-weekly session lasting between 3-5 hours.
Term: Looking for something planned on being long term. (Character development and growth is important to me)
Voice: Have Discord

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E, Starfinder, Homebrew
Game System Experience: 5e primarily, but would absolutely love to get into a sci fi setting with Starfinder
Fantasy Grounds Experience: No FG experience, fast learner. Willing to purchase license.

Character Type Preferred: I don't have a type, I enjoy playing my character to my best interpretation of that character based on background and personality.

About me: I appreciate a solid mix of all aspects of play, but leaning slightly more on the adventure/roleplay aspect. Party chemistry is important, for both the players and the characters. A blend of in and out of character fun is necessary, as long as anything actual character related happens in character. I am on the older side, 44, with kids. My free playtime is important to me, and as such would prefer a group that appreciates the time commitment that is made when we sit down to play. I have been looking to reconnect with this hobby that I have been missing greatly. CR definitely reignited that spark, and I have been able to live vicariously through that. My kids watch it here and there, and have expressed interest in D&D, and as such I have been trying to DM for them. I have been learning Dungeondraft as an outlet for that imaginative side of me as well. I enjoy building characters, and have used D&D beyond to make character after character with personalities and backgrounds for no other reason than to explore possibilities and imagine what would drive that character.

Ethanos
February 3rd, 2021, 23:56
NOTICE: This reply is for a game that, according to this LFG post, you have no experience with (Call of Cthulhu 7th edition), a lovecraftian, RP-heavy TTRPG. If you're uninterested in learning a new TTRPG, please ignore this reply.

Hey, I was scrolling through the LFG section when I saw your post. I am a 15-year-old with a love for TTRPG gaming, and I've been DMing D&D for 6 years. I've also been GMing Call of Cthulhu 7th edition for 2 years. Also, as for my time zone, I am EST (UTC -5). My schedule is extremely flexible, and the meeting would be weekly, with a consistent time and day, with a preference for the first players who let me know of their interest (in terms of the beginning schedule, if it ever changes the preference will shift to the majority).

Do note that this game is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING LIKE D&D! It is VERY RP-heavy, and if you've ever read H.P. Lovecraft (if not then I encourage you to do so -- he's considered one of the fathers of horror literature), then that is what the theme is. 1920s investigation against the Cthulhu Mythos. If you have no clue who Lovecraft is or what he wrote, then here's a summary -- he and a circle of other individuals wrote very loosely-connected novels concerning the Cthulhu Mythos, AKA a pantheon of dark gods seeking to end the world. Magic IS real, but it isn't the typical kind of magic you see in, say, D&D. This magic is horrible, sanity shattering stuff, and even the tamest spells strain your sanity. The game concerns the adventures (and misadventures) of the PCs (called investigators), who try to stop the plans of these dark gods and their cults (which is a largely-unknown thing to the world -- very few people know of the existence of these gods), and takes place in the 1920s. It also details the slow corruption of the investigators minds, until all that is left is a shattered husk of who the investigator once was (or worse). The campaign I'm running is a published campaign, "Masks of Nyarlathotep," which, from the playthroughs I've seen, usually takes around a year, and is a globe-trotting adventure.

Just a brief description of one way you could learn the game (although no knowledge is 100% alright): I learned through a solitaire adventure (basically a Choose-your-own-adventure book but with actual skill tests, combat, etc.), which gradually teaches you the mechanics of the game, as well as guiding you through character crIf you would like, I can send you a link to download a pdf of the book, along with the quick start rule manual (both available for free), which will guide you through the game.

If you're interested in joining this campaign, shoot me a friend request on Discord (my username is Ethanos#2119), or join the discord server (Invite Link (https://discord.gg/yuwtpqC)), and I'll get you set up. In addition, I do not mind if you have any other potential players who are interested -- just let me know and I'll set them up as well.

Thanks for your time,
Ethan(os) :)