PDA

View Full Version : Character Wizard Issue for Eberron Changeling stats

bencoulthard
February 3rd, 2021, 14:23
Hi there, not sure if i've posted this in the right place but I have noticed that with both the new character wizard and the more traditional method of character creation for 5e D&D - the rules for Changelings don't allow you to add all your stat bonuses to CHA.

I checked and Jeremy Crawford confirms that this is what was intended - which is why it does not say to 'another' stat. Please see:

https://twitter.com/JeremyECrawford/status/1197377429288783873?s=20&fbclid=IwAR1lHdYNAo5HZY0ybUNPWNMX4J341bcb-Pp2XtKakveMjJXlXkBoMHNme1w

Is there any chance that this could be updated?

Zacchaeus
February 3rd, 2021, 15:39
Yes, I'll add that to my list. Looks like all that needs to happen is to remove the word 'other'. If you want you can edit it yourself. Make a copy of the race and then edit the ability score increase to remove the word other.

bencoulthard
February 3rd, 2021, 18:01
Yes, I'll add that to my list. Looks like all that needs to happen is to remove the word 'other'. If you want you can edit it yourself. Make a copy of the race and then edit the ability score increase to remove the word other.

Thank you, much appreciated. And thanks for the tip re copying the race. I didn't think to do that even though i do that with NPCs and other things all the time. I ended up creating a copy that added 3 to CHA... because when I tried removing 'other' it didn't seem to have the desired effect.

:)