PDA

View Full Version : Future AD&D conversions

readymeal
February 3rd, 2021, 02:06
Good Day Everyone,

as you may know all AD&D official modules available for sell in the FG shop are made by community developers. Some modules are work in progress, some are being reviewed by the FG staff and some have been on the back burner for months (don t ask who does what cause nobody really knowns).

Anyway, I thought I would put some feelers out, what does the AD&D community really wants to be converted? What are your needs as a player and/or DM?

Obviously there are restrictions in settings development (DL product are not allowed at the moment as far as I know) and porting some box set and accessory products might not add much value to a VTT gameplay or the additional rules etc might be incompatible with the current ruleset.

However if you don t ask...

https://www.tsrarchive.com/add/add.html this is a list of product

Cheers,

Sterno
February 3rd, 2021, 19:59
Every Monstrous Manual. :)

Stuart
February 3rd, 2021, 21:38
I3 to I5 please!

JohnD
February 3rd, 2021, 21:50
I3 to I5 please!

Ah... the Desert of Desolation.

Mewldoom
February 3rd, 2021, 22:45
Wizards Spell Compendium 😁

readymeal
February 3rd, 2021, 23:34
Every Monstrous Manual. :)

I know some are in the work, don t think we are allowed to convert all MCs (due to 5E being stuck with FR...), however a way around could be to convert the Monster Compendium Annuals... Do you volunteer?:p you know the deal with me, happy to do the grunt work if you do the effect coding:)

I3 to I5 please!

Interestingly I3, I4 and I5 are all 32 pages each but I3-I5 has 128???? I can have a better look when i am done with what i am doing at the moment...

Wizards Spell Compendium ��

which one ha!

JohnD
February 4th, 2021, 03:11
Desert of Desolation really added a lot of adventure around the initial I3 I4 and I5 modules.

Asterionaisien
February 6th, 2021, 09:37
I3 to I5 (or Desert of desolation) would be a really nice adventure.
But I'd personally prefer settings given the store lacks them: Maztica, the horde, Kara-tur, Al Quadim,Ravenloft etc (given we can have just FR and Ravenloft).
Or, if we talk about crunch books: spells compendium, Item compendium, player option series, Dragon mountain, Tale of the comet (yeah it's an adventure but it add sci fi stuff). Maybe even an official OSRIC extension/ruleset to play AD&D 1ed (do not know if it's possible).

Basically IMO now AD&D is missing stuff to spark DM creativity, we already have a lot of adventures.

AlterZwerg
February 6th, 2021, 11:22
I wish that all "classic" settings would be available for conversion to FG. There was a poll on that some time ago and i can only hope that something comes out of it.

I´ve already sunken my teeth in some juicy pieces... :cool:

Sterno
February 6th, 2021, 13:59
I3 to I5 (or Desert of desolation) would be a really nice adventure.
But I'd personally prefer settings given the store lacks them: Maztica, the horde, Kara-tur, Al Quadim,Ravenloft etc (given we can have just FR and Ravenloft).
Or, if we talk about crunch books: spells compendium, Item compendium, player option series, Dragon mountain, Tale of the comet (yeah it's an adventure but it add sci fi stuff). Maybe even an official OSRIC extension/ruleset to play AD&D 1ed (do not know if it's possible).

Basically IMO now AD&D is missing stuff to spark DM creativity, we already have a lot of adventures.

Unless someone shows up with a huge motivation to write an OSRIC ruleset, the closest you'll get is probably Celestian's extension and my mod for it.

Celestian's extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37986-AD-amp-D-Core-1e-Extention
My OSRIC mod (and that has a link to AlterZwerg's with magic items too): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=43126&d=1611343327

Those honestly get you most of the way there.

JohnD
February 6th, 2021, 18:10
Adventures are great - just look at the games I'm running in my signature and there's no way that schedule could be maintained without a little pre-made foundation.

Personally I appreciate releases that add something to the base that can be used in any game; classes, spells, NWPs, kits, equipment, etc.... I know all of that can be entered on my own as needed, but there is something satisfying about just being able to open a module and there it is.

I would much rather spend my gaming/hobby time gaming as opposed to entering data.

galfaroth2000
February 11th, 2021, 20:29
Good Day Everyone,

as you may know all AD&D official modules available for sell in the FG shop are made by community developers. Some modules are work in progress, some are being reviewed by the FG staff and some have been on the back burner for months (don t ask who does what cause nobody really knowns).

Anyway, I thought I would put some feelers out, what does the AD&D community really wants to be converted? What are your needs as a player and/or DM?

Obviously there are restrictions in settings development (DL product are not allowed at the moment as far as I know) and porting some box set and accessory products might not add much value to a VTT gameplay or the additional rules etc might be incompatible with the current ruleset.

Cheers,

Does anyone interested in content in other language than english?
Personally I would like to have material in spanish. If there are people interested in spanish stuff I would be glad to help them.

readymeal
February 11th, 2021, 23:40
Adventures are great - just look at the games I'm running in my signature and there's no way that schedule could be maintained without a little pre-made foundation.

Personally I appreciate releases that add something to the base that can be used in any game; classes, spells, NWPs, kits, equipment, etc.... I know all of that can be entered on my own as needed, but there is something satisfying about just being able to open a module and there it is.

I would much rather spend my gaming/hobby time gaming as opposed to entering data.

I have looked at few non adventure supplements and beside nice stories, they (IMO) add very little to FG if they were converted. Which box set and supplements would be good to convert? Player's Option: Spells & Magic maybe? ( not sure if the current rule set can deal with the change)

Personally I would like to have material in spanish. If there are people interested in spanish stuff I would be glad to help them.

I have heard from rob2E (who is leading a team of 5E devs) that translated modules don t sell very well... as you must be aware 2E has a much more limited player base than 5E these days but why not...

Also people using FG must already have a good level of English as it does not exist in any other languages. Other VTTs offer multilingual support, so I would not be surprised if for ex. Roll20 is dominant in European countries for example.

Tel Arin
February 12th, 2021, 00:03

Para material en español, supongo que seria mucho mas complicado, simplemente porque las traducciones no pertenecen a wotc, sino a los licenciatarios del momento, Ediciones Zinco y Martínez Roca en España en su momento.

De módulos no traducidos o con la idea de crear nuevas traducciones para material USA, yo he estado metido en proyectos de traduccion de material y puedo decir que es un buen quebradero de cabeza.

Me encantaría ver material en español en el FG, pero no se si es viable por lo dicho anteriormente.

Un saludete

ChrisRevocateur
February 18th, 2021, 15:09
Complete Psionics Handbook (A rarely used but still iconic part of the AD&D system)
Complete Barbarian Handbook (This would add a Barbarian class that is the most similar to the old 1st Edition Barbarian from UA)

Too bad we can't do Greyhawk material, because there is a 2E Greyhawk supplement that has the old 1st edition Monk and Assassin converted for use in 2E as well (supposedly as unique classes for a religious cult, but still could be used in any context).

These are the expansions to the system I'd like to see.

Additions to the current system content I'd like to see

Book of Artifacts
Legends and Lore
Wizards Spell Compedium

Adventures/Campaigns

The whole, original Undermountain boxed sets
The Avatar Trilogy

readymeal
February 19th, 2021, 00:50
Complete Psionics Handbook (A rarely used but still iconic part of the AD&D system) (Don t think I ll touch that one.)
Complete Barbarian Handbook (This would add a Barbarian class that is the most similar to the old 1st Edition Barbarian from UA) (Maybe, let me have a look at its content first and feasibility, it could be on Celestian to do list though)

Too bad we can't do Greyhawk material, because there is a 2E Greyhawk supplement that has the old 1st edition Monk and Assassin converted for use in 2E as well (supposedly as unique classes for a religious cult, but still could be used in any context). are you talking about The Scarlet Brotherhood ? yeah it would add 2 new classes...unfortunately there s a big Greyhawk sticker on the cover...maybe if I slap the FR logo over it they won t see anything :D

These are the expansions to the system I'd like to see.

Additions to the current system content I'd like to see

Book of Artifacts (I feel it would be a lot of effect coding in there...)not my forte
Legends and Lore (what would this supplement add to FG gameplay, I don t know that product?)
Wizards Spell Compedium (nice try... haha)

Adventures/Campaigns

The whole, original Undermountain boxed sets (not touching this... I think it s on someone else to do list though)
The Avatar Trilogy (I like them... that could be my next projects...got 2 more undermountain dungeon crawl modules to convert first)

My answers in Red, someone else might be interested in converting these products.

celestian
February 19th, 2021, 01:07
I've no plans to touch Psionics. I added the version from the latest version of the game and have no plans to re-work it. Until we get Darksun setting those will be "there" but not really "supported" without some content to back it up.

ChrisRevocateur
February 19th, 2021, 01:42
Legends and Lore is a deity book using real world pantheons. It has deity avatar stats, but the main thing it would be adding would be the specialty priest classes.

I guess Monster Mythology might see a bit more use than the real world deities, so that could be another option.

Hawker73
February 19th, 2021, 14:58
An official release of 1E as stated above is the thing that would get me excited, including all the original books. DMG, PHB, UA MM1, MM2, L&L......wouldn't hold breath for fiend folio but would love it if possible. I am aware of the extension and OSRIC etc. What I would really like to see however is just a finished 1E polished product. I think if it were created it would sell very well. That's after all where 95% of us 1st gen gamers got started (no I don't think you started with Chain Mail), for many of us the nostalgia alone would have us buying it up. I didn't cut my teeth in Forgotten Realms or Dragonlance etc. D&D started for us in the very unfinished and simple world of Greyhawk, and classes added from Dragon magazine. THACO no matter it's faults is what we remember and love. So many people I think would support this with their wallet if made available. From a pure business standpoint it's money that has been left on the table. 99% of the work has been done, the market is there (check ebay if you do not beleive me)...why wouldn't you?

Sterno
February 19th, 2021, 17:24
I won't disagree with the assertion that an official 1E version would be cool, but I think you're overestimating the market, especially when compared to the time investment required to create that content for Fantasy Grounds. From what I've seen of Fantasy Grounds and Roll20 usage stats, older games like 1E/2E/etc are a very tiny percentage of what's played. 5E is king. Even popular systems like Pathfinder are a small percentage by comparison. It's just not profitable to spend hundreds of hours creating the content that only a handful of people will pay for. eBay doesn't seem like a great indicator of the market, particularly if you're basing it on prices. You're talking about collectibles at that point. For 1e Fantasy Grounds content, you're cutting your paying customers down to 1E players who run a game on Fantasy Grounds and also who probably are DMs. That's not a huge set of people.

A conservative estimate on how long it took me to do a module for the OSRIC book is about 100 hours, and that wasn't to a level that would have been ready for sale, because while it had classes, races, weapons, armor, spells, and monsters, it didn't have all the text in between, all the tables, and all the magic items. 1E would be a similar effort, and you'd need to sell a lot of copies to make even minimum wage doing that.

If people create the content, it will be because they love the system, not because they're looking at it from a business standpoint.

I could be wrong. If Celestian's been getting rich off 2E content, he can correct the record. I've seen the amount of time he's put into the system though and while I don't see sales stats, I have seen usage stats, and I can't believe he's doing it for any reason other than love of the game.

I am curious though... anyone know if WOTC would even allow conversion of the 1E core books, or did they only allow it for 2E?

Hawker73
February 20th, 2021, 00:09
I could be wrong. If Celestian's been getting rich off 2E content, he can correct the record. I've seen the amount of time he's put into the system though and while I don't see sales stats, I have seen usage stats, and I can't believe he's doing it for any reason other than love of the game.

Point taken! :D I think first and foremost Fantasy Grounds itself has to expand and get a larger user base. I know lots of old school gamers who would buy a 1E edition of all core books, IF they would get on FG in the first place. I can only say if it is made I will buy it. I need to start with supporting the 2E collection though, I was very happy to see it had been made. best way to get to a 1E release is supporting successful 2E sales. looking for a 2E game BTW... :D Pref Greyhawk.

readymeal
February 20th, 2021, 02:41
Point taken! :D I think first and foremost Fantasy Grounds itself has to expand and get a larger user base. I know lots of old school gamers who would buy a 1E edition of all core books, IF they would get on FG in the first place. I can only say if it is made I will buy it. I need to start with supporting the 2E collection though, I was very happy to see it had been made. best way to get to a 1E release is supporting successful 2E sales. looking for a 2E game BTW... :D Pref Greyhawk.

Hey Hawker,

i honestly would love to convert as much as i can however it is very time consuming if you ever converted any module or rule-books yourself.

If i was unemployed during this pandemic, i would have cracked on the spell compendium books etc... however it is very labour intensive for very little reward (i am not talking financially here, there are just a very small number of people interested in this product for the amount of time to invest). And since i am a health care worker working full time and have a partner... i have to be smart with my spare time. The irony is i don t even play or DM but own all 2E modules and rulebooks.

My take on 2E is that it s the best bang for your bucks, you have a committed
developer (Celestian) and Sterno (who have been providing extra features) and both these guys gave 2E serious capability that some other rule sets don t have (even by buying all these paying ext and mod out there) for free or nearly free (the commission and sale numbers are very small trust me). I am supporting 2E and these guys to the best i can since i have no knowledge of coding whatsoever.

For the little story i restarted playing DnD with 5E with my childhood friends (due to its simplistic rules) last year after a 30 years hiatus however its half baked automation requiring to purchase all these ext and mod to make it enjoyable and efficient in FG made me move to AD&D 2E due to built in features and the altruistic people developing it. It suits me better this way.

AlterZwerg
February 20th, 2021, 11:20
If people create the content, it will be because they love the system, not because they're looking at it from a business standpoint.

This!
I already have a day job and a family, and what i do in FG, i do simply for the fun of doing it and for like-minded folks to enjoy.
I have taken on a handful of the available MCs and two are already somewhere "in the pipeline"
The other stuff is more likely to arrive at the end of the year, when the light of day shortens and mists gather around the land...

TXCBoy36
March 1st, 2021, 05:52
Would be nice to see Queen's Harvest and King's Festival....great intro adventures for your new players and DM's

askaval30
March 9th, 2021, 16:35
Encyclopedia Magica!!!

Fergus Quinleaf
March 10th, 2021, 03:56
Dwarves Handbook
Complete Book of Gnomes and Halflings
Humanoids Handbook
Necromancers Handbook
Demihumans of the realms
Warriors and Priests of the realms
Wizards and rogues of the realms
Dwarves Deep

Encyclopedia Magic 1-4
Priests 1-3

Baron28
April 8th, 2021, 04:27
Hey Hawker,

i honestly would love to convert as much as i can however it is very time consuming if you ever converted any module or rule-books yourself.

If i was unemployed during this pandemic, i would have cracked on the spell compendium books etc... however it is very labour intensive for very little reward (i am not talking financially here, there are just a very small number of people interested in this product for the amount of time to invest). And since i am a health care worker working full time and have a partner... i have to be smart with my spare time. The irony is i don t even play or DM but own all 2E modules and rulebooks.

My take on 2E is that it s the best bang for your bucks, you have a committed
developer (Celestian) and Sterno (who have been providing extra features) and both these guys gave 2E serious capability that some other rule sets don t have (even by buying all these paying ext and mod out there) for free or nearly free (the commission and sale numbers are very small trust me). I am supporting 2E and these guys to the best i can since i have no knowledge of coding whatsoever.

For the little story i restarted playing DnD with 5E with my childhood friends (due to its simplistic rules) last year after a 30 years hiatus however its half baked automation requiring to purchase all these ext and mod to make it enjoyable and efficient in FG made me move to AD&D 2E due to built in features and the altruistic people developing it. It suits me better this way.

Similar story here...picked up 5E and played for the first time in 30 years as well. Converted some 1E adventures to 5E, but then grew tired of 5E because it is so simple and the automation half baked unless you purchase mods to fill the gaps.

My group has shifted to using the 2E ruleset with Celestian's and Sterno's extensions to get as close to 1E as possible. Running Ruins of Adventure now and will follow up with Curse of the Azure Bonds.

DMrabs
May 1st, 2021, 14:40
Hello, I would like to see AD&D Oriental Adventures done up on here. That would be awesome! And Fiend Folio. Epic goodness. No matter what though, I thank you all for the hard work you are doing at putting some of this stuff out. Cheers, ryan

vegaserik
May 10th, 2021, 15:47
I would love to see some good old Ravenloft stuff, the setting, the adventures, and everything in between!

readymeal
May 12th, 2021, 10:15
Quick update,

some members of the 2E community have listened to your suggestions and have started converting modules. Feel free to join us. If everyone converts a bunch...

B11 is just out and other Basic and Expert adventures are in the pipeline.

the first MC is out as well... more should follow as well as some associated box set...

some handbooks are still work in progress and finally some free OSRIC supplements are also being developed.

It could be other stuff of course...

galfaroth2000
May 15th, 2021, 13:14
Hi, I have converted "Feast of Goblyn" to FG, but it is in Spanish. I can put it in English as well. What else is needed in order to make it "official" and submit it?
BTW, the maps I used to play are not mine, I downloaded them elsewhere... I guess that is something to change.

AlterZwerg
May 15th, 2021, 14:39
Hi, I have converted "Feast of Goblyn" to FG, but it is in Spanish. I can put it in English as well. What else is needed in order to make it "official" and submit it?
BTW, the maps I used to play are not mine, I downloaded them elsewhere... I guess that is something to change.

You´ll want to contact [email protected] , he´ll set you up if you´re serious about that.
Also take a look at this thread here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?67735-Publishers-looking-for-conversions-for-Fantasy-Grounds).

I´d buy "Feast of Goblyns" immediately as i love Ravenloft ;)

readymeal
May 16th, 2021, 09:31

Hi there,

Thank you for willing to share (legally) your conversion

AlterZwerg was right, you need to contact James.

As per your quieries

unfortunately my Spanish is a bit rusted...while it s not stipulated anywhere that it has to be in English, i would say it s recommended.

Also the original maps have to be included, if they are playable with a little bit of photo-shopping use them, most if not all custom maps found anywhere else don t have a commercial agreement (aka you can t use them into a different product for sell even if they were free initially). You might have to recreate them with any mapping software (except Fantasy grounds...how ironic) with a commercial license. I am happy to help out with the maps.

cf: i don t know much about ravenloft so i thought initially it was a 32 pages adventures you converted... It is not...well done.

galfaroth2000
May 17th, 2021, 23:45
Thanks for the info, I will write to James Holloway.
Hope to have the module soon working.;)

dittotb
July 16th, 2021, 19:53
If anyone is interested modules I3 to I5 are now available for sale.

celestian
July 16th, 2021, 20:43
If anyone is interested modules I3 to I5 are now available for sale.

Nice, I'll have to grab'm!

readymeal
August 13th, 2021, 00:59
just to let everyone knows that B7 and B12 are available in the FG shop. High quality craftsmanshift i was told.

JohnD
August 13th, 2021, 01:54
just to let everyone knows that B7 and B12 are available in the FG shop. High quality craftsmanshift i was told.

Yes, they are done very well. Bayne did a great job on these. :)

jharp
August 13th, 2021, 06:13
I don't know when it will be released but I just submitted the 2e of Malevolent and Benign I (Expeditious Retreat Press) for review. The second volume is in the works and I expect to submit it for review in the next two weeks.

Jason

sasaki
September 1st, 2021, 20:49
I'd love to see more adventures converted. I already have most of the sourcebook hard copies, and it's easy enough to pick stuff out of them to use in FG without a digital release.

I'm especially excited about Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil and Return to the Tomb of Horrors. The originals were of course a couple of my favorites of all time, and I wasn't aware that the Return modules even existed until recently. The only problem is they are 3E! So now I might have to down-convert them to 2E. Is there any official position on down-converting a 3e+ adventure to 1E/2E and offering it for sale on FG?

ChrisRevocateur
September 1st, 2021, 21:52
I'd love to see more adventures converted. I already have most of the sourcebook hard copies, and it's easy enough to pick stuff out of them to use in FG without a digital release.

I'm especially excited about Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil and Return to the Tomb of Horrors. The originals were of course a couple of my favorites of all time, and I wasn't aware that the Return modules even existed until recently. The only problem is they are 3E! So now I might have to down-convert them to 2E. Is there any official position on down-converting a 3e+ adventure to 1E/2E and offering it for sale on FG?

Wizards has not allowed us to touch anything from 3.x or 4e, and an official implementation would probably have to be for the ruleset the adventure was originally for if they ever did. Only reason we're getting basic as well as 1st and 2nd edition modules for the 2e ruleset is because it's all the same basic system at the core.

sasaki
September 3rd, 2021, 20:20
Actually, I just discovered I was wrong about Return to the Tomb of Horrors; it's 2E! Written by Bruce R. Cordell, with a forward by Gary Gygax, published in 1998. The forward is really interesting where Gygax talks about the original. It also looks very large. The PDF I found of it is 100M. Come on, who want's to get this into FG!?

highwayman03
September 11th, 2021, 01:12
I agree

TheToastman
September 27th, 2021, 14:28
The Vecna trilogy would be cool. It involves 3 realms.

11662 Die Vecna Die!
WGA4 Vecna Lives!
9582 Vecna Reborn

Also... All things Spelljammer!

1049 Spelljammer: Adventures in Space
1065 The Legend of Spelljammer
1072 War Captain's Companion
1087 The Astromundi Cluster
9280 SJR1 Lost Ships
9312 SJR2 Realmspace
9313 SJR3 Dungeon Master's Screen
9328 SJR4 Practical Planetology
9361 SJR5 Rock of Bral
9374 SJR6 Greyspace
9409 SJR7 Krynnspace
9411 SJR8 Space Lairs

2130 CGR1 The Complete Spacefarer's Handbook

2109 MC7 Monstrous Compendium Appendix
2119 MC9 Monstrous Compendium Appendix
9273 SJA1 Wildspace
9286 SJA2 Skull & Crossbows
9299 SJA3 Crystal Spheres
9325 SJA4 Under the Dark Fist

9343 SJS1 Goblins' Return
9347 SJQ1 Heart of the Enemy

JohnD
September 27th, 2021, 16:11
Actually, I just discovered I was wrong about Return to the Tomb of Horrors; it's 2E! Written by Bruce R. Cordell, with a forward by Gary Gygax, published in 1998. The forward is really interesting where Gygax talks about the original. It also looks very large. The PDF I found of it is 100M. Come on, who want's to get this into FG!?

RttToH would be a huge beast to convert. I think it probably is bigger than Night Below, but would likely sell for the same $29.99 price point. I'd buy it though.

ChrisRevocateur
September 27th, 2021, 16:18
The Vecna trilogy would be cool. It involves 3 realms.Which is why it won't happen. We only currently have permission to do Ravenloft and Forgotten Realms (and their directly related sub-settings). We do not have permission to convert anything with any branding for campaign settings outside of those. The current Greyhawk and Mystara adventures are allowed because they don't have the big banner across the top saying Greyhawk or Mystara/Known World.
Also... All things Spelljammer!Unfortunately also not currently a possibility for the same reason.

But let WotC know you want this.

celestian
September 27th, 2021, 16:31
Which is why it won't happen. We only currently have permission to do Ravenloft and Forgotten Realms (and their directly related sub-settings). We do not have permission to convert anything with any branding for campaign settings outside of those.

I'm not so sure about that. Do you have some information from Doug on this? As far as I am aware only settings are not allowed. Adventures from settings (outside of Dragonlance, that request NOT by me) have not been rejected when I requested to convert them.

To be clear, I am certain we cannot convert settings not approved by WoTC and I've been told those settings are only ones that 5e has used so far.... which excludes a fair few ;(

Short version of the story, request to convert it, the worst they can say is no.

ChrisRevocateur
September 27th, 2021, 17:05
Then I must have misunderstood what was said before.

Talen
September 27th, 2021, 19:33
Hi all. Is anyone working on a conversion of B1 In Search of the Unknown?

Morenu
October 10th, 2021, 04:21
CM1 test of the warlords (and a few other CM series)
H2 & H4 Mines of bloodstone & throne of bloodstone

Huge thank you to all the 2E folks.

Proud member of the "If its in the bundle, I buy it club."

celestian
October 19th, 2021, 01:25
I've submitted "The Complete Book of Dwarves" and the "Complete Book of Gnome & Halflings". No idea when they will go up but they have left my hands.

sasaki
October 19th, 2021, 03:23
I submitted "B5 Horror on the Hill" a few days ago. I couldn't resist the magic fountain! I'm running it now, but my player didn't even give it a second look though, and moved on! :-(. Once it's approved I'll start a feedback thread for it.

Check out the high-res maps I made for it too, which I put up for free on FG Forge. I think the map size limit they have for modules in the store is kind of ridiculous (4 Mpix). So really, any full size maps from all the 1e/2e modules will look terrible when limited to that size, since they will need to be 50px/square.

celestian
October 19th, 2021, 04:11
I submitted "B5 Horror on the Hill" a few days ago. I couldn't resist the magic fountain! I'm running it now, but my player didn't even give it a second look though, and moved on! :-(. Once it's approved I'll start a feedback thread for it.

Check out the high-res maps I made for it too, which I put up for free on FG Forge. I think the map size limit they have for modules in the store is kind of ridiculous (4 Mpix). So really, any full size maps from all the 1e/2e modules will look terrible when limited to that size, since they will need to be 50px/square.

Sweet, I never ran b5 but read it and thought it would be fun.

For what it's worth, you're not the only one that bemoans the restrictions on image sizes.

readymeal
October 20th, 2021, 05:05
I've submitted "The Complete Book of Dwarves" and the "Complete Book of Gnome & Halflings". No idea when they will go up but they have left my hands.

I just submitted the Barbarian's Handbook and Undermountain The Lost Level... same here can t guarantee they ll be available for "the end of year festive season"...

readymeal
October 20th, 2021, 05:14
Hi all. Is anyone working on a conversion of B1 In Search of the Unknown?

Very odd that a lot of the B modules got picked for conversion but not B1.. i don t know it so can t comment if it s any good.

celestian
October 20th, 2021, 05:57

Return to Tomb of Horrors is a AD&D 2E product.

I'd like to see Rod of Seven Parts but it wont be me.

readymeal
October 20th, 2021, 10:59

Return to Tomb of Horrors is a AD&D 2E product.

I'd like to see Rod of Seven Parts but it wont be me.

I thought about converting any of the TOMES (the 2 named above or Axe of the Dwarvich Lord ) but on top of being serious conversion (around 200 pages) and complex, they also cater for high level players... not sure how many DMs have players above level 10 in a VTT. Happy to be proven wrong.

JohnD
October 20th, 2021, 14:50
Great to hear that three more of The Complete ... handbooks are in the pipeline.

Dustinthewind77
October 21st, 2021, 05:22
My wish list in the order I.d like

Psionic HB

Necromancer HB

Humanoid HB

Dustinthewind77
October 21st, 2021, 05:27
I posted this in the wrong spot I think, my wish list by order

Psionic HB

The Complete Book of Necromancy

Humanoid HB

sasaki
October 21st, 2021, 14:30
I thought about converting any of the TOMES (the 2 named above or Axe of the Dwarvich Lord ) but on top of being serious conversion (around 200 pages) and complex, they also cater for high level players... not sure how many DMs have players above level 10 in a VTT. Happy to be proven wrong.

Not YET! Although it looked like Celestian's group that finished ToEE was getting close. I'll be curious to see how playing higher levels goes as my games progress.

readymeal
October 23rd, 2021, 02:57
I posted this in the wrong spot I think, my wish list by order

Psionic HB

The Complete Book of Necromancy

Humanoid HB

as far as i know Psionic handbook uses psionic power a different way that the mighty 2E ruleset is using it... no it would be pointless...

one of the last 2 is well in progress...

jharp
October 23rd, 2021, 03:05
An odd request of the community and I think it is ok because I've been assigned the book to convert by SmiteWorks. I'm happy to prove to any moderator that I am converting the book if they have concerns.

I'm looking for someone that has a high-res scan (not the DriveThruRPG version) of the maps for Ruins of Undermountain. The version in the PDF is ok but if someone has obtained a version of higher quality then that will help me a lot. If you do have a version please DM me with a link. Thanks,
Jason

JohnD
October 23rd, 2021, 03:41
RoU will be a nice addition to the line... I look forward to buying it.

SOLORANGER
October 27th, 2021, 18:21
I am very interested if the Dragonlance stuff ever get converted to FGU as I loved the books. Even watched the cartoon movie!

All the Lankhmar stuff as well. I had snagged the sourcebook from a used book store and always wanted to play it.

readymeal
October 30th, 2021, 08:14
I am very interested if the Dragonlance stuff ever get converted to FGU as I loved the books. Even watched the cartoon movie!

All the Lankhmar stuff as well. I had snagged the sourcebook from a used book store and always wanted to play it.

Hi SoloRanger,

long story short, DL is not officially allowed... something like we are only allowed to convert 5E Realms... I haven t seen an official statement though from SW or WotC, or if there was one it might not be the case anymore. I am sure some more qualify people are already lined up for that job when available.
Anyway it s not all lost, if you want to play Dragonlance, you could get the 5E conversion modules from the DM guild website (which does not have any reference to the modules but has some custom made maps and all the story ready to be filled in), run the universal module extension, add the official content (aka a lot of copy paste from your own PDF), change all the encounters to match the one originally designed... Voila.

As for lankmar, i thought about it but the couple of PDF i have from it are not great quality for conversion. They need to go through an OCR software and still spend hours cleaning up the text.

dittotb
November 16th, 2021, 15:17
Just released the Desert of Desolation Super Module.

sasaki
November 17th, 2021, 02:59
Just released the Desert of Desolation Super Module.

Nice! Does that mean you are the one that did the conversion @dittotb, or did you just notice it was now up? It looked like this was in review for a long time, like many months (I looked at this one on the Developer Portal since I was interested in converting it as well). I'm actually in the process of making some nice high-res Dungeondraft/Forgotten Adventures maps for this (these) modules. I'll put them up on FG Forge when done, but if you are the one that did the conversion, I'd be happy to share them with you as well to include in the module (that way I wouldn't have to place all the pins myself!). I'm keeping everything within the 4k X 4k max pixel size (and splitting up a couple of the bigger maps to maintain this). It will still take me a few weeks to finish, but I'm done with the 'Pharaoh' maps and am a couple into the 'Oasis of the White Palm' maps.

dittotb
November 18th, 2021, 18:34
Nice! Does that mean you are the one that did the conversion @dittotb, or did you just notice it was now up? It looked like this was in review for a long time, like many months (I looked at this one on the Developer Portal since I was interested in converting it as well). I'm actually in the process of making some nice high-res Dungeondraft/Forgotten Adventures maps for this (these) modules. I'll put them up on FG Forge when done, but if you are the one that did the conversion, I'd be happy to share them with you as well to include in the module (that way I wouldn't have to place all the pins myself!). I'm keeping everything within the 4k X 4k max pixel size (and splitting up a couple of the bigger maps to maintain this). It will still take me a few weeks to finish, but I'm done with the 'Pharaoh' maps and am a couple into the 'Oasis of the White Palm' maps.

Yes I did the conversion. I will look at your maps and if I have time I might use them. I thank you for the offer.

Vigilance
January 28th, 2022, 01:55
I would like to see the following.
2149 Player's Option: Combat & Tactics
2154 Player's Option: Skills & Powers
2163 Player's Option: Spells & Magic
2018 Oriental Adventures
2155 (PHBR15) The Complete Ninja's Handbook
2135 PHBR10 The Complete Book of Humanoids
The Throne of Bloodstone (H4)

JohnD
January 28th, 2022, 03:09
2018 Oriental Adventures

The Player's Option books would require fundamental changes to the ruleset; not sure those will ever make it.

No idea about Complete Ninja, but Complete Humanoids is done and submitted (not by me), so that should be coming sometime in the next 18 - 72 months.

readymeal
January 28th, 2022, 06:14
2018 Oriental Adventures

The Player's Option books would require fundamental changes to the ruleset; not sure those will ever make it.

No idea about Complete Ninja, but Complete Humanoids is done and submitted (not by me), so that should be coming sometime in the next 18 - 72 months.

As John said, the players options books are a bit more than options with the current ruleset, Sterno made an extension very close to the Combat and tactics though... now if you convince him he needs the 2 others for his game...then who knows :) We need the mechanic first (in the form of a extension) then we can add the content.

Oriental adventures...hmm why not...never thought too much about it... it s in the Forgotten Realms so it s possible to convert, (this book would add races, classes, weapons, skills, spells, monsters etc... also it seems to add some combat options which might not be able to automate at all if it differs too much from the basic rules, i haven t looked at them yet). Some serious work ahead for sure.

The Ninja hanbook would be good as a follow up as well as any OA adventures.

The Humanoid handbook should not be too far...within few months for sure... JohnD is a bit dramatic here haha!

H4? interesting, i think someone else requested it the H series a while ago. For character L18-100.... who managed to survive AD&D to reach these levels? :D

celestian
January 28th, 2022, 07:04
The Ninja hanbook would be good as a follow up as well as any OA adventures.

The Ninja Handbook is the 2E version of the OA pretty much.

Vigilance
January 28th, 2022, 14:54
out of the combat Tactics, it has the martial arts setting for master and grandmaster levels in it. it mentions this in the Faith and avatar book and would love to have that option to add for the game.

Vigilance
January 28th, 2022, 14:57
H4? interesting, i think someone else requested it the H series a while ago. For character L18-100.... who managed to survive AD&D to reach these levels?
was designed to retire your character. It says that when you read the module lol. I would be surprised if someone made it to the end

JohnD
January 28th, 2022, 17:52
Man... any DM can "retire" any character in one round flat. :)

readymeal
January 28th, 2022, 22:38
The Ninja Handbook is the 2E version of the OA pretty much.

when i compared both, i feel OA is more diverse regarding specific races, classes etc... while the Ninja handbook focus on that class only but add kits to diversify it...

out of the combat Tactics, it has the martial arts setting for master and grandmaster levels in it. it mentions this in the Faith and avatar book and would love to have that option to add for the game.

Having the whole martial art experience available would be nice unfortunately if coding is involved, i can t do anything i am afraid...

i have the feeling i have seen someone with the Ninja handbook already converted for personal use... i don t remember who though.

TrentLane
January 28th, 2022, 23:02
I've only skimmed the thread, so sorry if the answer is already somewhere, but would Planescape be a possibility?
I'm planning on running a Planescape game sometime this year, and I'm converting the campaign setting boxed set into a Module for my own use right now.

readymeal
January 28th, 2022, 23:19
I've only skimmed the thread, so sorry if the answer is already somewhere, but would Planescape be a possibility?
I'm planning on running a Planescape game sometime this year, and I'm converting the campaign setting boxed set into a Module for my own use right now.

Hi Trentlane,

Unfortunately, Wizard of the Coast(WotC) through Smiteworks (SW) does not allow any conversion of settings not already published for 5E (currently Forgotten Realms and Ravenloft). So if and when WotC decides to publish a 5E of Planescape, you are more than welcome to submit your conversion to SW to be published and sold in the FG shop for everyone else to enjoy.

There are few exceptions... that includes non branded/generic Planescape adventures for example. If you know any...

That s the best i can say at the moment.

TrentLane
January 28th, 2022, 23:27
Hi Trentlane,

Unfortunately, Wizard of the Coast(WotC) through Smiteworks (SW) does not allow any conversion of settings not already published for 5E (currently Forgotten Realms and Ravenloft). So if and when WotC decides to publish a 5E of Planescape, you are more than welcome to submit your conversion to SW to be published and sold in the FG shop for everyone else to enjoy.

There are few exceptions... that includes non branded/generic Planescape adventures for example. If you know any...

That s the best i can say at the moment.

Thank you for the clarification. Well, then I have to keep it for myself, probably forever, since I highly doubt Planescape will ever be made for 5E :(

readymeal
January 28th, 2022, 23:33
Thank you for the clarification. Well, then I have to keep it for myself, probably forever, since I highly doubt Planescape will ever be made for 5E :(

Well, there was talks few months ago about 2 new settings for the latest non advanced DnD edition for 2022... so who knows?

TrentLane
January 28th, 2022, 23:39
Well, there was talks few months ago about 2 new settings for the latest non advanced DnD edition for 2022... so who knows?

Was not aware, since I don't play/keep up with 5E. But IF it happens I will surely send an Email to Smiteworks 1 minute later :D

Free Sky Days
February 3rd, 2022, 17:40
"A Paladin in Hell" please readymeal! :)

Leafdancer1
February 25th, 2022, 13:28
Does anyone know if FGU going to add all the DMG such as sages and specialists, ships of the seas, complete handbook of necromancers and the rest of the books in this group along with all of the campaign source books and the wizard/priest Spell books i would also like the item magica books to be added for 2e

thendrich
February 25th, 2022, 13:36
Thanks for all of your work!

I'd like to see the Barbarian's Handbook

Lothur
February 25th, 2022, 15:17

I would also like to see this book realized! :rv:

readymeal
February 25th, 2022, 21:30
Does anyone know if FGU going to add all the DMG such as sages and specialists, ships of the seas, complete handbook of necromancers and the rest of the books in this group along with all of the campaign source books and the wizard/priest Spell books i would also like the item magica books to be added for 2e

All conversions are made by community members...(aka you and me) so anyone is welcome to chip in to make them available (I know some DMs have converted some settings and other books for their own campaign and I ll be happy to help them getting published if they wish).
Some of the modules you are talking about are gigantic commitment...none of them are in my radar at the moment but can have a look again.

I would also like to see this book realized! :rv:

The barbarian handbook as well as few others have already been converted... Converters have no control over when they come into the shop though. The ninja one was a nice surprise for everyone even among the small group of 2E converters.

rathen45
February 28th, 2022, 17:46
treasure hunt! It's a neat level 0 adventure!

Leafdancer1
February 28th, 2022, 17:58
All the dmg supplements,the rest of the complete handbooks all monster manuals all the wizard and priest spell books and all the encyclopedias magica
Good Day Everyone,

Cheers,

jharp
February 28th, 2022, 18:04
I've offered to do the encyclopedias but the pay rate for conversion is only 8%. :(

JohnD
February 28th, 2022, 23:30
I've offered to do the encyclopedias but the pay rate for conversion is only 8%. :(

Those would be an insane amount of work.

jharp
February 28th, 2022, 23:56
Those would be an insane amount of work.

Yes but they would be damn cool.

Jason

Trenloe
March 2nd, 2022, 18:23
As if by magic...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=WOTC2E2148

JohnD
March 2nd, 2022, 22:18
Yes but they would be damn cool.

Jason

Oh, no disagreement there! :)

thendrich
March 3rd, 2022, 08:28
As if by magic...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=WOTC2E2148

Just got my copy. Thanks!

Atreides Ghola
March 9th, 2022, 18:54
I'd really dig S3: Expedition to the Barrier Peaks. Kinda sad that there's no love for it in this thread yet. :(

JohnD
March 10th, 2022, 02:47
I'd really dig S3: Expedition to the Barrier Peaks. Kinda sad that there's no love for it in this thread yet. :(

That would be a good addition to the library, agreed.

drudi002
March 14th, 2022, 22:14
Have U2 and U3 been converted? Also, are there plans for the L series or possibly the DA modules?

bayne7400
March 14th, 2022, 22:38
U2 and U3 have not been converted.

readymeal
March 15th, 2022, 04:01
U2 and U3 have not been converted.

Do you know if the converter of U1 is planning to do U2 and U3? It would be nice... Just saying ��

bayne7400
March 15th, 2022, 13:47
He has no immediate plans to convert them at this time.

shakespear
March 19th, 2022, 22:42

please and thank you

readymeal
March 20th, 2022, 08:43
please and thank you

i believe S3 is a work in progress, i don t know anything else tough.

thendrich
March 23rd, 2022, 00:41
The three Player's Option books.

readymeal
April 2nd, 2022, 22:03
The three Player's Option books.

it s been requested few times, unfortunately it would requires some rulesets changes or making an extension as those books brings some very different playing rules than originally designed.

Player's Option: Combat & Tactics
This one, you can use Sterno's excellent extension to add some of its content and add some more features.
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/78/view

The 2 others... sorry can t help, i have no knowledge of programming or coding, just some spare time in my hands on regular basis to convert modules.

readymeal
April 2nd, 2022, 22:37

All PHBR have been converted (except Psionic), most if not all campaign sourcebook and DMBR supplement won t bring much to a VTT gameplay... They are just information books mostly, the necromancer might be the only exception i reckon as it adds classes, spells etc... The wizard and spell books and other compendiums would be nice... but requires a LOT of time...

this one is a great example of unofficial planescapish setting... technically possible despite settings restrictions. For level 15-20... that s some serious playing.

N4? why not, there s N2 and N3 as well...

I am finishing a Basic DnD module then going back to an Advanced one next (i try to alternate)... so who knows :)

Semmicorh
June 13th, 2022, 05:33
Greetings! Very new to FGU (only a couple weeks) after finally taking the plunge to DM (for the first time!) for a group of very close friends. We've all been playing since 1E (yes...we're old hehe) so these classics are great...even though most of us have played them...sometimes multiple times as players and DM's over the years. The learning curve has been decent so far for this old dog. Thanks for putting the time and effort into making the nostalgia come alive through FGU.

We're going back to our roots (and 40 yr old memories) to Greyhawk. It's awesome to see some of the 1E and 2E modules come alive here. Selfishly, seeing Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil, Return to the Tomb of Horrors, Return to White Plume Mountain, Vecna Lives!, The Dancing Hut of Baba Yaga, Labyrinth of Madness, Isle of the Ape, and/or The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun get converted would be awesome...in addition to many of the other suggestions already noted. For Forgotten Realms, Ruins of Myth Drannor would be a fun ride.

We're kicking off Session Zero soon and diving right into Horror on the Hill...

readymeal
June 13th, 2022, 23:34

Greetings! Very new to FGU (only a couple weeks) after finally taking the plunge to DM (for the first time!) for a group of very close friends. We've all been playing since 1E (yes...we're old hehe) so these classics are great...even though most of us have played them...sometimes multiple times as players and DM's over the years. The learning curve has been decent so far for this old dog. Thanks for putting the time and effort into making the nostalgia come alive through FGU.

We're going back to our roots (and 40 yr old memories) to Greyhawk. It's awesome to see some of the 1E and 2E modules come alive here. Selfishly, seeing Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil, Return to the Tomb of Horrors, Return to White Plume Mountain, Vecna Lives!, The Dancing Hut of Baba Yaga, Labyrinth of Madness, Isle of the Ape, and/or The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun get converted would be awesome...in addition to many of the other suggestions already noted. For Forgotten Realms, Ruins of Myth Drannor would be a fun ride.

We're kicking off Session Zero soon and diving right into Horror on the Hill...

Welcome Semmicorth,

If you need help you can use this forum or the Discord channel https://discord.com/channels/274582899045695488/567791234609971384

as per your wish list, unless the setting is officially out or been used in 5E, we can t really convert it...Basically if there s a big GH, Dark Sun, Planescape banner on the cover... not gonna happen... however if it s in that setting but not obviously advertised...it s somehow possible.

Hope B5 is going well. I need to finish the next X first but life hasn t given me much free time lately...and conversion is time consuming.

Leafdancer1
June 19th, 2022, 07:45
Book of necromancers
sages and specialists
arms and equipment
all the monster manuals
all the spell compeduiams
all the eneycyclopedia magicas

yeknom
June 19th, 2022, 11:02
Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue would be a great addition.

readymeal
June 19th, 2022, 22:39
Book of necromancers
sages and specialists
arms and equipment
all the monster manuals
all the spell compeduiams
all the eneycyclopedia magicas

i admire your enthusiasm...the first two are doable and pretty straight forward.

Some MC manuals are already out(FR and Ravenloft), some can t be converted officially cause the setting is not officially out yet but i am sure some DMs out there have already done the work...hopefully they ll share their hard yakka when possible.

The last two require some serious work and hours of nearly free labour...unfortunately converting MC, powers, spells is even more time consuming than modules...

let s say in general converting is a grind...there s no PDF to FG converter available...everything has to be done manually.

it s getting better but still a grind and the financial reward is...very limited (my earnings only go into buying other converters' work basically). I personally do it for the community, so more people can have access to them.

Aurora's Whole Realms Catalogue would be a great addition.

never heard of it before...i ll have a look at it.

yeknom
June 20th, 2022, 10:51
Here's a link to a Wiki on Aurora's Whole Realm's Catalogue. It's a wonderful resource.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Aurora%27s_Whole_Realms_Catalogue

inawkwardscience
July 2nd, 2022, 04:35
Forgotten Realms boxed set!

amanwing
July 9th, 2022, 20:47
Dragonlance or anything about Shadowdale or Undermountain

readymeal
July 10th, 2022, 01:02
Forgotten Realms boxed set!

Are you talking about the 1st or 2nd boxed set? Most of their content is lore... (aka copy/paste) the adventures, spells, magic objects etc might be worth converting though...

Dragonlance or anything about Shadowdale or Undermountain

We can t convert settings not officially out in the 5E edition...so we have to be patient but some of the DLC should be ready when we get the green light...

Shadowdale? Are you talking about the FRE series? i looked at them in the past...mid level from Ed Greenwood...difficult to go wrong.

Undermountain, i believe the first box set is being converted...not sure when it will come out... as you know it s all community driven, sometimes things in real life get in the way.

Thorghen
July 17th, 2022, 23:56
Good evening for me and good morning for you....
I am French and I would like to know if the following module was going to be put on fantasy ground Unity

readymeal
July 18th, 2022, 09:51
Good evening for me and good morning for you....
I am French and I would like to know if the following module was going to be put on fantasy ground Unity

I know it was on someone else plate to do... not sure if it went anywhere though.

Quelqu un d autre l avait en tant que projet... je ne suis pas sur que cela a ete plus loin.

esmdev
August 24th, 2022, 19:24
Now that Spelljammer is officially out do we know if anyone is working on the 2E boxed set?

readymeal
August 28th, 2022, 02:26
Now that Spelljammer is officially out do we know if anyone is working on the 2E boxed set?

i would love to but i don t know anything at all about Spelljammer... will need to do some reading first.

celestian
October 19th, 2022, 19:21

Looks like the Necromancer book is out (https://affiliates.fantasygrounds.com/317372/15958/url_25044).

jeffencourt
November 9th, 2022, 17:24
I’d like to see Menzobarrenzan boxed set, Ruins if Zhentil Keep boxed set, and Myth Drannor boxed sets.

The Bloodstone Pass series H1-H4 would be great for some high level play as well. Lastly Under Illefarn would be cool

inawkwardscience
January 26th, 2023, 07:14
Would love to see these!

Demihumans of the realms
Warriors and Priests of the realms
Wizards and rogues of the realms

How hard is it to convert your own mods? I'm guessing it isn't easy, but I hope it's not beyond my capabilities. Would love to help.

JohnD
January 26th, 2023, 22:08
Would love to see these!

How hard is it to convert your own mods? I'm guessing it isn't easy, but I hope it's not beyond my capabilities. Would love to help.
Not terribly difficult but it is time consuming.

inawkwardscience
January 26th, 2023, 22:16
Not terribly difficult but it is time consuming.

How would I begin?

readymeal
January 27th, 2023, 03:38
Would love to see these!

Like John said, it s not that hard really, it s just very time consuming and depends if it contains, pregen, high level NPCs, unique monsters, complex maps to recreate (the originals are not very VTT friendly and requires some serious editing to remove numbers, secret doors etc), special objects or mundane objects not in the PHB or DMG, if converting these books, you also need to know how to create skills, spells, races, classes, kits and have some knowledge of some automations. You can always have a look at the ones already made (if you own any of the player's handbooks), copy them and make some adjustments as required.

First have access to a good PDF (to limit typo)
Copy past the content in a word/text editor software
Correct typo, delete extra lines etc...
For these books creates associated races and kits.
Export ...voila (somehow)

JohnD
January 27th, 2023, 04:31
Learn the software first - backwards and forwards. Once you have that, your question will mostly answer itself in a self evident manner.

Trenloe
January 27th, 2023, 12:14
How would I begin?
Ultimately, you need to recreate the whole product in Fantasy Grounds - reference manual included. Refer to an existing product that's similar to the one you want to convert - look at all the data that's been entered for that module (the list in the Library window is a good place to start).

For the module you want to convert, you'll need to manually enter all of the data, both in the reference manual (which will be a similar layout to the actual product) and then in the various data records - images/maps, NPCs, classes, items, spells, etc., etc..

The goal is to have a FG campaign that has all of the product information recreated within that campaign - then you can export that to a module, which is the end product that FG uses.

Lothur
January 28th, 2023, 03:26
They are still people to convert the old AD&D modules? Because I don't see anything new to sell in the store after the cool Necromancer? It's a pity :-( I need to update my FGU Library with the Undermountain Box Set, the Sages & Specialists or Of Ships and the Sea, but it's all missing for now...

readymeal
January 28th, 2023, 05:29
They are still people to convert the old AD&D modules? Because I don't see anything new to sell in the store after the cool Necromancer? It's a pity :-( I need to update my FGU Library with the Undermountain Box Set, the Sages & Specialists or Of Ships and the Sea, but it's all missing for now...

I just submitted one...and started another one... Some others might be in the work, i don t know that information.

obviously some people are more interested by rulebooks than adventures...interesting. Let me look into them as i don t know them personally.

anstett
January 28th, 2023, 19:08
Of Ships and Sea would be my preference to have a good conversion of. It is almost all just Story entries, tables, and some additional images.

With the new abilities for Vehicles someone could build off of that source book some interesting things.

inawkwardscience
January 28th, 2023, 23:28
I just submitted one...and started another one... Some others might be in the work, i don t know that information.

obviously some people are more interested by rulebooks than adventures...interesting. Let me look into them as i don t know them personally.

I suppose you can't devolge in which one that is? ;)

inawkwardscience
January 28th, 2023, 23:30
Like John said, it s not that hard really, it s just very time consuming and depends if it contains, pregen, high level NPCs, unique monsters, complex maps to recreate (the originals are not very VTT friendly and requires some serious editing to remove numbers, secret doors etc), special objects or mundane objects not in the PHB or DMG, if converting these books, you also need to know how to create skills, spells, races, classes, kits and have some knowledge of some automations. You can always have a look at the ones already made (if you own any of the player's handbooks), copy them and make some adjustments as required.

First have access to a good PDF (to limit typo)
Copy past the content in a word/text editor software
Correct typo, delete extra lines etc...
For these books creates associated races and kits.
Export ...voila (somehow)

So I did a bit of this back in the Classic days, it was a lot of trial by error. I seem to remember specific tools were recommended? For example I can't remember the word/text editor used..

readymeal
January 29th, 2023, 11:37
I suppose you can't devolge in which one that is? ;)

well i like to alternate basic and advanced, finish series, plug the gaps of series and then continue chronologically.
I tend to give some obvious hint on Discord. My last one was something like i handed over the last of the underwater series.

I started a Basic adventure but for my next one i am assessing my options for an advance module. Obviously there is a demand for some more resource books.

I checked Of chips and Sea, however it s mostly text, rules (which can t be automated in the ruleset) etc... nothing really adding to FGU. I don t see many benefits to convert it for FGU over just opening the book or read the PDF. Very much like why no campaign box sets or other splat books have been converted. I mean i have nothing against it but there are other books which bring additional spells, races, classes, kits etc which can be more useful and adds value to play in a VTT.

So I did a bit of this back in the Classic days, it was a lot of trial by error. I seem to remember specific tools were recommended? For example I can't remember the word/text editor used..

I would recommend Celestian Author's module.

inawkwardscience
January 29th, 2023, 11:40
Thank you! I am learning lots from you

Lothur
January 29th, 2023, 11:59
Of ships and Sea is really for the collection, if you don't mind what I'm searching, it's obviously that the pdf itself is good enough, but I need the full ruleset of AD&D books in my FGU Library, that is, thanks :-) In some case the Images and the Tables will be useful for show to my players, I'm right? :-)

readymeal
January 30th, 2023, 06:04
Of ships and Sea is really for the collection, if you don't mind what I'm searching, it's obviously that the pdf itself is good enough, but I need the full ruleset of AD&D books in my FGU Library, that is, thanks :-) In some case the Images and the Tables will be useful for show to my players, I'm right? :-)

Don t get me wrong, I would love to be able to convert every books...but it s just like many other books out there, they have limited benefits and it can be very time consuming to convert them to FGU. My spare time has to be spent wisely.

makronax
January 30th, 2023, 12:12
Don t get me wrong, I would love to be able to convert every books...but it s just like many other books out there, they have limited benefits and it can be very time consuming to convert them to FGU. My spare time has to be spent wisely.

If you don't mind me asking, do you know if the community devs that convert the old AD&D modules to FGU receive any kind of monetary compensation for their work?

damned
January 30th, 2023, 12:26
Yes there is a commission per sale received by the community developers.

Lothur
January 30th, 2023, 13:11
I have just another question: what is the state of this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birthright_(campaign_setting)

Is there a chance to see in FGU at least the core rulebooks of this magnificent TSR's campaign setting of AD&D era?

damned
January 30th, 2023, 13:20
The WoTC are very specific about what campaign settings are allowed to be converted. I dont think that is on the list (I could be wrong).

makronax
January 30th, 2023, 16:21
Yes there is a commission per sale received by the community developers.

Great to hear that!

readymeal
January 31st, 2023, 10:05
Great to hear that!

yes community converters get a very small percentage of the sold priced... meaning i can only get a nickel when someone is buying on steam during the sale from a country with a weak currency. So i surely don t do it for the money.

damned
January 31st, 2023, 11:22
yes community converters get a very small percentage of the sold priced... meaning i can only get a nickel when someone is buying on steam during the sale from a country with a weak currency. So i surely don t do it for the money.

yeah it is hobby money only. every cent I make is spent on more RPGs :)

makronax
January 31st, 2023, 11:50

FG itself probably doesn't get a lot percentage-wise in that case but at least it's something.

JohnD
January 31st, 2023, 15:06
It's definitely a labor of love.

damned
January 31st, 2023, 15:13
It's definitely a labor of love.

And sometimes frustration and disdain! :pirate:

Warhawktbc98
February 5th, 2023, 23:46
Power and Pantheons

FR Adventures

thendrich
February 19th, 2023, 05:51
Power and Pantheons

FR Adventures

I second Power and Pantheons and Forgotten Realms Adventures. Would also like to see Oriental Adventures too!

readymeal
February 19th, 2023, 20:55
I second Power and Pantheons and Forgotten Realms Adventures. Would also like to see Oriental Adventures too!

i can t promise anything about Power and Pantheons...(creating very very high and multilevels NPCs, powerful spells etc...can be daunting),

are you talking about FA, FRA or FRE?

thendrich
February 19th, 2023, 21:22
i can t promise anything about Power and Pantheons...(creating very very high and multilevels NPCs, powerful spells etc...can be daunting),

are you talking about FA, FRA or FRE?

Hi, @readymeal.

I'm talking Forgotten Realms "Adventures" by Jeff Grubb and Ed Greenwood.

Thank you!

gripnick
March 1st, 2023, 02:21
Hi,

It would be great if C2 The Ghost Tower of Inverness was converted to fgu.

JohnD
March 1st, 2023, 18:08
Hi,

It would be great if C2 The Ghost Tower of Inverness was converted to fgu.

It has been.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=WOTC2EC2

Lothur
March 4th, 2023, 01:57

There is any chance to see Ravenloft 2-nd Edition "Domains of Dread" in a new converted module on Steam?

Please, somebody say "Yes"!!!

AlterZwerg
March 4th, 2023, 09:17
The Ravenloft „Realm of Terror“ Box Set is already available, I considered DoD back then but went for the original.

SylvanSnake
June 24th, 2023, 16:01
Oh, I just recently started considering 1E/2E on FGU for my next campaign. I would love to see all the Forgotten Realms city and region boxed sets and books converted, along with the maps. Start with the mainline boxes/expansions:
2106 Forgotten Realms Adventures
1031 Forgotten Realms Campaign Set
1085 Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (2nd Edition)
1040 City System
1083 Menzoberranzan
1109 City of Splendors
1142 The North: Guide to the Savage Frontier
9561 Empires of the Shining Sea

Then FR1-16 and FOR1-13 series and FRS1 The Dalelands
Also, Powers and Pantheons as someone else mentioned!

damned
June 25th, 2023, 05:17
Settings are restricted/limited by the Wizards.
Forgotten Realms is not permitted to be converted.

celestian
June 25th, 2023, 07:32
Settings are restricted/limited by the Wizards.
Forgotten Realms is not permitted to be converted.

Forgotten Realms is allowed, or was last I checked.

Greyhawk on the other hand is not.

SylvanSnake
June 25th, 2023, 09:17
Forgotten Realms can't be restricted because Demihuman Deities and Faiths & Avatars are Forgotten Realms books already in the FGU shop, plus a bunch of FR adventure modules are already converted, such as both Ruins of Undermountain box sets, the Marco Volo trilogy and Curse of the Azure Bonds. The only thing I've heard is that Dragonlance is restricted, and I think that has to do with some special circumstances around WotC's control of that particular IP. Maybe Greyhawk is the same situation. But some FR and Ravenloft 2E modules already exist in the store.

damned
June 25th, 2023, 10:15
Forgotten Realms is allowed, or was last I checked.

Greyhawk on the other hand is not.

Thanks Mike.

JohnD
June 25th, 2023, 17:49
We need some of those Greyhawk modules. It's a damn shame they're off limits.

City of Greyhawk and Greyhawk Ruins would be strong sellers I believe... along with a few others.

paladinpreacher
June 27th, 2023, 21:31
THANKS FOR DRAGON MOUNTAIN!!! Thats all.

Lothur
June 27th, 2023, 23:33
Enormous mod file, thanks from me to all involved in this content!

highwayman03
June 28th, 2023, 13:29
There are a ton of modules for fantasy grounds unity that relate to the Greyhawk setting, so what is the deal?

Morenu
June 28th, 2023, 13:33
I assume its like Castle Amber is generally assumed to be in Greyhawk but it is NOT an official GH module. thats the key I suppose, that if the greyhawk logo is on the accessory then it can't be done and sold (BUT you can do it for yourself)

bayne7400
June 28th, 2023, 14:15
Castle amber is in glantri of Mystara. The D'ambervilles are nobles in Glantri. All of the B and X series are set in the Known World, Mystara.

celestian
June 28th, 2023, 19:21
There are a ton of modules for fantasy grounds unity that relate to the Greyhawk setting, so what is the deal?

None of them are titled "Greyhawk" like say "Greyhawk Ruins" or the Falcon series.

The deal is that WoTC doesn't want a setting that doesn't exist in 5e to be converted as I've been told. Why? You'd have to ask them. I've got my suspicions but only WoTC knows for sure.

SylvanSnake
July 10th, 2023, 14:57
OK, I figured out how to get MTHAC0 and MAC going. I'm going to start converting the Skills & Powers Psionics system (which is the same as in the Dark Sun Revised campaign box). So, I'm going to copy all the S&P powers as Psionic "spells" for my own campaign, and then I'll start converting the extra powers that didn't get carried over from Psionicist's Handbook and the Will and the Way. A lot of the powers might not have any automation, or at least I might not know how to automate them, but GM can do stuff manually.

amanwing
July 17th, 2023, 08:03
Please someone do Paladin in Hell!

shakespear
July 18th, 2023, 00:11
Please someone do Paladin in Hell!

yes please

highwayman03
July 18th, 2023, 12:27
Thanks, and again thanks for all you have done to bring AD&D back to my virtual table.

Mahrdol
July 25th, 2023, 21:13
Hi

thank you for all the hard work you do to bring 1E/2E to FG. I run 1 and play in 2 1E/2E campaigns a week so I play quite a bit :). I have been playing Ad&D since the late 70s and I am currently running my 18-year-old son and some of my friends through some of the classics. I pretty much buy everything new 1E/2E to support you guys and would love to see more high-level 10+ adventures.

thanks again!

SylvanSnake
July 27th, 2023, 06:26
If nobody else is doing it, I might take it upon myself to work on Powers & Pantheons. I think I can replicate the format of the two existing deities modules.

lordgronk
October 23rd, 2023, 02:13
I am currently starting an Arcane Age game and would love a conversion of, at least, the class mechanics in Netheril: Empire of Magic, particularly the casting rules for the Arcanist and Priest classes

Lothur
December 15th, 2023, 14:13
I want to load the "Forgotten Realms Adventures" book from 1990 in my FGU Library. Anyone? Please!

ProfDogg
January 10th, 2024, 00:50
Dark Sun! I'd buy it all up if you did that...

highwayman03
January 19th, 2024, 15:34
Undermountain II, City of of Splendors any detailed Waterdeep material. All the Oriental Modules too.