PDA

View Full Version : Prep time

arnon
June 15th, 2007, 09:52
Haven't bought the program yet (just messed with the Demo) but I would like to know from users: Does it take long to prepare a game? And how easy (or hard) is it realy?

Thanks,
arnon

richvalle
June 15th, 2007, 12:16
It really depends on how much time you want to put into it and, somewhat, how you want to run the game.

I went from quite a bit of prep time to... not so much.

Quite a bit was me entering in all the NPC's/Monsters and typing in text for rooms besides the 'normal' DnD prep time.

I ended up not putting in the creatures and since we use voice now I don't type up the rooms either. What I do is create images and tokens for the NPC's/Monsters. This probably takes me about an hour a week on average (we place once a week).

With FGII I'm back to putting in the bad guys that I think the party will fight because, with the drag and drop full attacks, it makes the fights go faster and easier. Mostly this doesn't take much time (drag and drop from the mosters book).

Call it about an hour a week. Some weeks are more but then some are less.

rv

NymTevlyn
June 15th, 2007, 12:54
I'm using FG2 as sort of a testing bed for writing D&D modules for a quarterly magazine. I can take the text and maps I make for FG2 and cut down the time it takes me to put a module together. In addition to that, I can offer the FG2 module for download.

I've probably put four hours of work into what may last one to three average sessions, depending on how much chatter there is between characters and npc's.