PDA

View Full Version : LF1P for Long-Term Sunday Game

Locke4VII
February 2nd, 2021, 14:40
TL;DR:
Hey! Would you like to join a 4e campaign? Sundays 12 o'clock midday central time (weekly with exceptions) and each session lasting about four hours. This campaign is a lot richer in detail and more dangerous than the average game.
It is called Zeitgeist and is hands down the best written campaign that was ever published for 4e. Steampunk setting, politics, history, intrigue and nations, and we're the agents/spies in the middle of things.
Currently level 16 and we have a budget of 248,595gp for items. A defender is what the party is lacking, but not insisted upon. Platform is Fantasy Grounds (Classic). Voice over TeamSpeak, but a lot of RP is done in the chat as well. The group is chilled and fun to play with. I've played another campaign with them up to level 30, and I know that this campaign is going to get there, so it's one of the rare opportunities to do paragon and epic play.
As written by one of our current long-term players.

Full Description:

FG License: DM has ultimate license, you only need the demo version.
Game System: D&D 4E with some House Rules

Time Zone: Eastern (GMT -5)
Day of week and time: Sundays; mostly-weekly. We plan on playing almost every Sunday, with occasional bye weeks.
Planned Duration & Frequency: 4-hour blocks from 1PM to 5PM.
Term: Extremely long term. We started with five players at level 1 about two years ago and plan on going to level 30, however long that takes. Two of the four current players also played levels 1-30 in a full-term Scales of War campaign over the course of the two years prior. Ideally, a new recruit will at least stick with us through the course of this campaign, and hopefully be interested in continuing with us even into the next campaign. Still, we're open to trials, to see if this is the right group for you or not.

Text or Voice: Mix of both. The DM uses mostly text to convey scenes and speech, and the players use a large mix. We have periods of time where the voice channel is quieter than most groups because everyone is focusing on putting thought into the actions of their heroes and how they would react to certain situations (RP heavy) as opposed to most groups which might be more vocal. It may not be for everyone, and that's okay.
Voice software used: Teamspeak 3. We also have a discord channel, but it nearly fried the DM's laptop, so we don't use it for voice.
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No, we don't record sessions, save for the FG chat log.

Roleplay & Combat mix: We opt for combat frequently (sans murder hobos), but Zeitgeist is a RP-heavy campaign, rife with intrigue, subterfuge, and various plots. It is highly investigative, and we have gone multiple sessions in a row with no combat encounters in the past. Sometimes this is a result of the choices of the party, other times it is a result of the nature of the campaign itself. It is not your classic dungeon crawl by any stretch of the imagination, and several encounters are entirely optional or can be completely avoided. I leave everything to the group to decide - and I don't force any players to tag along with an idea they disagree with (even if it might mean your death).
Number of Players in game & needed: We currently have four active, long-term players consisting of the following classes and themes:
Arsirasci "Big," a dragonborn sorcerer martial scientist.
Cat, a human multi-class wizard/fighter/psion technologist.
Clatter, a kenku rogue spy.
And "K", a warforged artificer / warlord gunsmith. Yes, gunsmith.
If you're not sure what a martial scientist or a technologist is, that's because Zeitgeist introduces nine new character themes that give plot-based bonuses throughout the campaign. New themes include Eschatologists, who study the end of the world, Skyseers, who study the movements of the stars and planets above, Spirit Mediums, who converse with the dead, and more.
We are looking for one player to fill any role. Combat in this setting can be extremely challenging, and a dedicated tank would likely be appreciated by the group, but is by no means required.

Character starting level & equipment: 16th level with 248,595 GP to spend on most things (no alternative rewards or boons without DM approval), with a free adventurer's kit to boot.
Character restrictions: Anything WotC-published is legal (including Dragonmarks!), bolstered by some setting-specific themes, powers and items (Badger Gun, anyone?).

Details of your scenario: If interested, I strongly suggest you PM or e-mail me and I will send you a copy of the Zeitgeist Player's Primer and Player's Guide. Read through them both, and if you're intrigued and like what I've posted so far, you're welcome to make a character and sit in on a game or two to see if you'd be a good fit for our group. Min/maxing is fine, but more importantly I would like my players to have fun and play characters they are intrigued by and who they think would fit into the campaign setting. Rules lawyers need not apply.

House Rules:
Nat 1s and 20s:
A die roll of a natural one will always be considered a critical failure, even during skill checks. Likewise, a die roll of a natual twenty will always be considered a critical success, even during skill checks, unless the attempted action is for some way impossible (a level one character could not jump over a mountain, for example, even on a roll of 20). We will be using tables to determine additional effects which may or may not occur for fumbled or critical attacks. Please see the table on the FG server for more information (or ask me!).

Feat Taxes:
All characters will be granted "Improved Defenses" as well as all "Expertise" feats associated with weapons and implements their character is naturally proficient with. Please see the Discord Channel for a more in-depth explanation (or ask me!).

Immediate Actions:
In this campaign, you may use immediate actions on anyone's turn, including your own, so long as the prerequisites (or trigger) are satisfied. Any readied action may still only be triggered once.

Allies:
I have removed the rule that makes yourself your own ally. Going forward, a spell or ability must specify a target of "you or an ally" in order for you to be considered as a target.

Drawing Weapons:
The first time you would draw a weapon or implement in an encounter does not require an action. Switching weapons after this initial draw is a minor action as normal.

Critical Damage for Non-Damaging Attacks:
You may still damage a creature with your extra crit dice from the weapon or implement used to make the attack if you choose to do so even if the attack does not normally deal damage.

Jumping from Height:
Creatures ignore the falling from height damage from the first 10/15/20 feet if they choose to drop the distance. Falling damage is still applied if the fall is forced.

Teleporting:
If an effect would cause you to teleport, and that effect is not forced, you may choose to stand up from prone as a part of that effect.
If you choose to or are forced to teleport into hazardous terrain or at a height that would cause you to take damage from falling, you will not be granted a saving throw against the fall. The Zeitgeist Campaign setting also blocks teleportation through rings of gold, which makes for some interesting consequnces.

And more!

czman
February 4th, 2021, 00:57
I am in a campaign on Sunday but it seems to be fizzling out. I liked 4e and would not mind playing if this other campaign falls apart. Please send me a message when you get the chance and we can see if it is a good fit.