PDA

View Full Version : Differences between FGC and FGU

mac40k
February 1st, 2021, 14:06
Even though I backed the Kickstarter for FGU, I avoided messing with it during the beta period. Since I have been using FGC for over 12 years, I just kept using what I’m already familiar with and didn’t want to deal with possible bugs. However, I’m getting ready to start a new campaign and before that, run a couple of one sheets for the group and decided to start exploring the idea of using FGU. So I copied one of the one sheet campaigns over to the FGU directory and noticed a couple of differences while trying to get familiar with FGU.

First of all, the die roll results show the die type in the summary box along with the die graphic and the results total, but the d6 is incorrectly labeled b6. I’m not sure if this is a bug in the SWADE rule set or FGU.

Second, in FGC when you drag a Bennie out of the area on the character sheet where they are kept, the various boxes where you can drop it are highlighted. That was a fairly recent addition which I found to be quite useful; however, in FGU this does not happen. Is it a limitation of FGU that prevents this or just a bug?

damned
February 1st, 2021, 14:33
a b6 is a blue d6

Mike Serfass
February 1st, 2021, 21:54
Blue indicates it's the wild die. Red (r6, or r8, or r10...) indicates snake eyes.

mac40k
February 2nd, 2021, 14:50
Okay, understand the dice label, but I still miss the highlighting of the places you can drop a Bennie. Again, not sure why it isn’t in FGU since it still works in FGC.