PDA

View Full Version : FGU kick starter

The Rouse
January 31st, 2021, 23:15
I bought the FGU kick starter, and my teenaged year daughter has an online 5e game she DMs the same night I play. She just been doing theater off the mind but now really wants to use fantasy grounds. I'd like to buy a second FGU ultimate license for her. I have two questions, do the books I've already purchased on my license account work on both licenses and would she be eligible for any of the kick starter love on her license?

Thanks for your help!

Imagix
February 1st, 2021, 00:06
I'm not from Smiteworks, but I would suspect no. Separate forum names, separate accounts, separate purchases.

LordEntrails
February 1st, 2021, 00:07
If she lives in your house and is in your immediate family, SmiteWorks has said that she can use your account (and therefore your content) if you would like.

DLC like books are tied to the login username. So you could put a different license on her account, but have her log in with your username and then get your content/DLC/books. I don't believe FGU will allow two computers to log in to each other if the same username is used though.

If you went with an account and license all her own, she would not be able to get the Kickstarter discounts/benefits.

The Rouse
February 1st, 2021, 00:13
Do you know if is it tied to user name or license?

Zacchaeus
February 1st, 2021, 00:20
DLC is tied to your account.

damned
February 1st, 2021, 01:02
Account being username.

LordEntrails
February 1st, 2021, 01:03
DLC is tied to user name. A username can "own" multiple licenses, but generally only one copy of DLC (exception for gifting, but no benefit if you don't gift it).

ddavison
February 1st, 2021, 14:29
A second Ultimate license on your account would be sufficient and you can share a single username if you play at different times and don't connect to one another. If you do, then a separate account for her would be more appropriate. You can buy it from your account and then transfer it to her as well using the Gift Order option from Store > Order History.

DragonBetween
February 3rd, 2021, 14:42
A second Ultimate license on your account would be sufficient and you can share a single username if you play at different times and don't connect to one another. If you do, then a separate account for her would be more appropriate. You can buy it from your account and then transfer it to her as well using the Gift Order option from Store > Order History.

So just after getting unity, I didn't realize that the other people playing that don't have a license had to use the demo to link with my ultimate license. Then instead of looking for asking for help I then just bought a second standard license to make it work. So one of my players is a younger teenager son of a friend of mine, and he doesn't have a computer so he comes over and uses my second computer to play. The computer he uses has my account login to it and uses the standard licenses for it. His user name does show up as the same as mine but other then that we have had no issues having doubles of the same account being played on the same game.