PDA

View Full Version : Why is "Fifth Edition Fantasy" listed among the official rule sets?

spoofer
January 31st, 2021, 22:23
Inside the image showing officially licensed systems, I see one called Fifth Edition Fantasy. Clicking on it produces a list of four D&D 5E supplements produced by Goodman Games. Needless to say, I was surprised as I was expecting a link to a rule set that I could purchase, not a short list of third party supplements.

I have two questions.

Why is Fifth Edition Fantasy included?

Why is there not a link to material produced by other publishers such as Kobold Press?

Thanks.

damned
February 1st, 2021, 01:14
It does seem to be anomalous...

ddavison
February 1st, 2021, 14:26
Fifth Edition Fantasy is a product line with a name, but it simply uses D&D 5E rules. Kobold Press also produces great 5E compatible content and is in the same group, but they don't brand their products under a specific trademark for the product line.

damned
February 1st, 2021, 14:28
ddavison why is it listed here in the big graphic on the home page as an Officially Licensed System?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/home.php

Griogre
February 1st, 2021, 14:41
It's because Goodman Games made those using the 3.x SRD instead of the 5E one. (For what it's worth Fey Sister's Fate was the first 5E module I ran and it's pretty good). They couldn't say D&D because of that.

ddavison
February 1st, 2021, 15:03
to damned:

Fifth Edition Fantasy is a product line with a name

spoofer
February 1st, 2021, 15:19
Why not change "officially licensed system" to something broader, and more inclusive to it does not seem strange? Why not include Mini Dungeons by AAW Games? Why not include the Quests of Doom by Frog God Games? I love Goodman Games. DCC is really well done. But I love these other publishers as well. I feel sad for them.

ddavison
February 1st, 2021, 15:21
It's all subjective.

damned
February 1st, 2021, 15:21
There are 21 rulesets there - and one range of 4 adventures... it really does seem anomalous.
But its far from the most anomalous thing Ive seen this year...

ddavison
February 1st, 2021, 15:25
Point noted. But they asked us to include it when we signed them on and we added it. They have 11 products in that line. Some of our ruelsets only have 1 or 2 items.

It's not going to hurt anyone for it to be included, which was the reason we included it when they requested it.