PDA

View Full Version : Interface Zero - Feedback/Questions/Updates

ddbrown30
January 31st, 2021, 18:07
I doubt anyone has any info on when 3.0 will be released, but if you do, please share. In the meantime, I'm wondering what people would recommend to use instead, if anything. Is default SWADE good enough? Would it be better to grab IZ 2.0?

Valyar
January 31st, 2021, 20:38
Titan Effect is same genre, might do the trick. But setting is different.

ddbrown30
January 31st, 2021, 20:42
Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I'm still going to play Interface Zero 3.0, I'm just trying to figure out which module will work the best until the proper support is released.

Edit: Unless that's what you meant too?

Mike Serfass
January 31st, 2021, 20:51
You could manually enter the edges, powers, items, etc. from the IZ3 pdfs that you and the players need for immediate play. If the FG module is released while the campaign is still running, swap out your manual entries for the IZ3 module entries. It's a bit of work, but gets you up and running with IZ3 and offers a path of moving to the module without disrupting play.

ddbrown30
January 31st, 2021, 20:58
You could manually enter the edges, powers, items, etc. from the IZ3 pdfs that you and the players need for immediate play. If the FG module is released while the campaign is still running, swap out your manual entries for the IZ3 module entries. It's a bit of work, but gets you up and running with IZ3 and offers a path of moving to the module without disrupting play.

That's what I was thinking, but which module would you suggest as a base? It sounds to me like you're suggesting the current SWADE module?

Mike Serfass
January 31st, 2021, 21:07
You'll need the SWADE module no matter what, since you're running SWADE. You always need to load that one.
After that, any modules from other settings may give you gear or edges you could use, but transitioning to the IZ3 module later won't be as smooth. And some setting modules alter the game a bit (like adding strain or a third fatigue), so there could be conflict between the other module and the future IZ3 module if you load both at once.
For cyberware, I highly recommend chillhelm's arcane device extension. I use that in my current games. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?59443-Extension-Arcane-Devices

ddbrown30
January 31st, 2021, 21:09
Oh interesting. I didn't realize that I would need both SWADE and IZ3. That's super helpful information. Thanks!

wyzurd
February 1st, 2021, 04:58
My 4 person group currently play IZ2 with SW Deluxe Explorer's Edition in FGU. We have adopted some of the new IZ3 changes (that we know about - like Hacking) and some SWADE rules (Athletics = a bunch of skills, and start with certain skills by default, etc) and have just made changes ourselves by adding edges and hinderances from IZ3 or SWADE into the older systems. So far, it has worked well. I assume the IZ3 FG layout is going to be similar to IZ2. With IZ2 there is enough setting specific stuff to make it worth buying like the layout of character sheet. It has places for cyberware, an area for amount of strain, and all the setting specific stuff that IZ has. Also, there are lists of equipment and vehicles and NPCs in the game that will be useful to have for when IZ3 comes out.

So... if money isn't an issue, just grab SWADE and IZ2 and make the changes you want. (SWADE is the base system and IZ2 builds on it. As you have said above, you need both.) The Interface Zero 3.0 Kickstarter update posts page (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/821979583/interface-zero-30/posts) is the best place that I have found for updates on what is done and needs to be done for IZ3. The most recent post has some alpha GM guides that are quite lovely (no artwork, but has a lot of stuff on universe building and randomizing events.)

Good luck!

Doswelk
February 1st, 2021, 07:04
IZ 3,o (after three rewrites) has been submitted to QA (again), so barring any more changes made by the Author it may well see the light of day 13+ months after I first completed it.

Mike Serfass
February 1st, 2021, 21:06
Thank you for the update! It will be nice to see it hit the store.

ddbrown30
February 1st, 2021, 22:22
IZ 3,o (after three rewrites) has been submitted to QA (again), so barring any more changes made by the Author it may well see the light of day 13+ months after I first completed it.

That's great news. How long does QA usually take? Are we talking sometime in the next couple weeks?

Doswelk
February 2nd, 2021, 08:00
Thank you for the update! It will be nice to see it hit the store.
Just do not hold your breath :p

Doswelk
February 4th, 2021, 09:17
IZ3.0 is in the store.

rodney418
February 4th, 2021, 17:13
Any idea when we can expect the GM Guide?

Doswelk
February 4th, 2021, 19:28
Soon*

* Please note no amount of time will be expressed given that I finished IZ 3.0 in March 2020, they then re-wrote it twice, so I am not rushing to start this one yet.

Besides got DLWW Headstone Hill to finish first.

ddbrown30
February 5th, 2021, 01:47
Does the IZ 3.0 module contain the TAP or hacking rig somewhere? I don't see it in the items or the tables sections and I can't think of anywhere else it might be. I'm talking about what's on page 127.

Doswelk
February 5th, 2021, 12:10
Does the IZ 3.0 module contain the TAP or hacking rig somewhere? I don't see it in the items or the tables sections and I can't think of anywhere else it might be. I'm talking about what's on page 127.
Yes, they seem to be missing, added for next update.

ddbrown30
February 5th, 2021, 14:18
Thanks! Nice work, by the way. :)

ddbrown30
February 5th, 2021, 16:40
Just FYI, there is an error in that table on 127. The penalties should range from 0 to -8. More info here: https://forum.gunmetalgames.net/forum/interface-zero-3-0-rules-discussion/1220-hacking-questions

Springroll
February 6th, 2021, 10:11
Soon*

* Please note no amount of time will be expressed given that I finished IZ 3.0 in March 2020, they then re-wrote it twice, so I am not rushing to start this one yet.

Besides got DLWW Headstone Hill to finish first.

Oooo, you're working on the Headstone Hill Adventure? Glee, joy, happiness! :D

ddbrown30
February 9th, 2021, 00:37
Also, seems that BKI Heavy Vest is missing. Not really sure where else to post this.

Doswelk
February 9th, 2021, 17:33
Yep missing, I'll add for next week, (possibly along with the origins) :D

Doswelk
February 10th, 2021, 12:05
[Fixed]Added missing BKI Heavy Vest Armor
[Fixed]Adding links to Origins equipment. (thanks to ddbrown30 for the help)

IceBear
February 12th, 2021, 20:16
Did you get the email about errata coming? The project that never ends :)

ddbrown30
February 17th, 2021, 03:55
I just updated to the latest version and I think theme is broken. Here's what it looks like to me. You can see in the log that it did load.

Moon Wizard
February 17th, 2021, 05:00
Why do you think that the theme is broken? It looks like it loaded okay.

Regards,
JPG

ddbrown30
February 17th, 2021, 05:04
That's not what it looked like before the update. You can see what it's supposed to look like if you go to the store page.

Doswelk
February 17th, 2021, 06:57
From Discord:

Moon Wizard: All the rulesets have been switched to textual buttons for the sidebars. The overhead of graphical icons created a lot of complexity for adding new record types, theming and new ruleset creation.

Not updated FGU yet, but my word IZ 3,0 looks crap now :(

Doswelk
February 17th, 2021, 10:42
I am getting there, but I need to work out where/how to change the text colour...

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/274634463860883458/811547102068867072/unknown.png

chillhelm
February 17th, 2021, 11:00
Hi,

just checked through the module. One thing that is missing from all NPCs from the GM Section (all that I looked at anyways), is proper linkage between attacks and the skills. So if a mook has e.g. a Heavy Club, you can't click the attack dice in their NPC sheet. This works fine for the NPCs in the Player Section (eg. Drones). (I suspect <traittype> is not set or net set correctly?)

Best,
Chillhelm

Doswelk
February 17th, 2021, 11:28
Yep, found it, looking it now....

Doswelk
February 17th, 2021, 13:22
Update pushed with NPC attacks fixed and new sidebar.

ddbrown30
February 17th, 2021, 16:20
From Discord:

Moon Wizard: All the rulesets have been switched to textual buttons for the sidebars. The overhead of graphical icons created a lot of complexity for adding new record types, theming and new ruleset creation.

Not updated FGU yet, but my word IZ 3,0 looks crap now :(

Good to know. Thanks for the info. :)

Moon Wizard
February 17th, 2021, 18:40
Just pushed @Doswelk's IZ 3.0 changes as a hot fix.

Regards,
JPG

TheChemist30
March 2nd, 2021, 02:15
Hey again, I found another thing that's missing/setup wrong. With the current version of the Savage Worlds module, it will automatically apply racial bonuses when you drag and drop the race onto the sheet, but it has to be set up correctly. Basically, you just have to put the right markup in the notes field (you can also add edges and hindrances). I'm pretty sure every race in IZ 3.0 has at least one ability that modifies a trait. I don't think it will take very long to fix. I'd do it myself, but it's not something I can modify locally.

Here's the Dwarf from the base rules as an example:

Edit: Oh, actually, I just noticed that Human 2.0 is straight up missing an ability. It's missing "Skilled."

ddbrown30
March 3rd, 2021, 18:55
Another small error. The price and weight for RT240C Renegade (7.62mm) is incorrect. It should be $2050 and 6.

Doswelk
March 3rd, 2021, 21:32
They changed the ruddy prices for almost everything it was so annoying, thanks.