PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 LFP, have 2 need 2-3, homebrew 6-10pm cst

xaotik1
January 31st, 2021, 06:33
Hello, my name is Troy, but everyone just calls me "monkey". I've got a bit of a dillemma at the moment. I'm planning on running a 3.5 game that doesn't focus entirely on the mechanics. As such, I bring you my homebrew world of Fracturis. I'm currrently short 2 or 3 players though. So I'm out here today shamelessly plugging my game in the hopes that I can fix the situation.

-----
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=5840
-----

I have Ultimate, bring what you like.
Campaign Type: Sandbox Homebrew, longterm
Campaign Length: as long as we can keep each other entertained and interested.
Game Frequency: Weekly
Primary Language: English
Time: 6-10pm CST day flexible atm
Camera Needed: No
Audio: Yes, discord
https://discord.gg/tXPDnNvk (headset recommended)

Player/GM Experience Level: Any. I've been running games off and on for 30 years. The two players I already have range from a player on their first few runs, and one that has been a regular in my games for 15 years already. I will work with new players and argue with old ones equally :)
GM Fantasy Grounds Knowledge: Medium
Roleplaying Level: Prefer to run a game with a good bit of RP, but in the end, it's whatever the players decide.
Combat Level: ?
Puzzle Level: ?
Mature Content (18+): Yes or potentially so at any rate

OTHER GAME DETAILS
Starting Level: 3
Ending Level: ?
Character Restrictions:
Pretty much any class/race combo that you like with a few notable restrictions.
1st: Your character needs at least 1 class level. He may otherwise spend those 3 levels as they like, including things like things wth LA or racial HD.
2nd: no psionics or other things that require an entire rewrite to include their use such as incarnum, etc.
3rd: remember to keep at least some RP in mind please. Have fun with it.

The Meat of Things:
In this game you will be entering the world of reincarnation/transmigration. What this means for you is that you will be playing the part of yourself, of all people. For unknown reasons you have found your soul and mind torn from your body and stuffed into a new one (that you design). You, as in the one reading this, get sent to a new world called Fracturis. This is a realm on the cusp of ahnillation as the various powers vie for control over the crumbling world. As of yet, you don't know much, though this will change with time.

You design/create this 3rd level character as your gigai, or meat shell, IE your new body. You take permanent posession of the body, no swapping about, and begin as a level 0 player. You get to keep any physical stats and hit points, but nothing else until you unlock them. These bodies could have come from absolutely anywhere. Dragonball, Sailor Moon, James Bond movies, Star Wars (or Trek). We can work that all out if you're interested in making it fun.

At the end of the first session you will get to choose your future path, and become a first level adventurer From there on, it's pretty normal. Advance as you wish to.

The fun part should be that anything you know in reality is fair game. You are the driving force behind the character, the body is just the host when all is said and done. This IS a magi-science campaign, so try to keep that
in mind as you play with concepts.

These 3rd level character sheets are not something you are forced to follow, consider them the natural inclinations of the host. If you follow them, you will get an extra ability as a reward for following the bodies inclinations.Those that choose their path face no penalties for doing so, they just do not get the bonus.

Anyway, come to my discord if you have interest or inclination. It might take a few minutes to get to me, bit still WAY faster than going through the messages or chat here.
https://discord.gg/tXPDnNvk

Genre Homebrew, D&D 3.5, Fantasy,. Magi-Science, Sci-fi
Ruleset / Setting D&D 3.5 / fantasy/tech, FF VII-ish? Magi-science
Starting level 3

We begin our current journey at an undisclosed location as you are all unceremoniously dropped out of a rift in space and time, only to find cold bodies waiting for you. Regardless of the origin of your character, and it could be from pretty much anywhere (Star Wars, Warhammer, Rifts, TMNT, Faerun, etc), you'll all start out together in a pool of lukewarm slimy water? that's about 2 feet deep. The pool you land in fills an oblong room about 50 feet long and roughly 30 feet wide. The ceiling and walls all seem to be of the same seamless rubbery material, and it seems to form a roughly domelike chamber overhead. Other than the fluid you arrive in, the room appears to be featureless with no readily apparent windows, doors, furniture, etc to break the seamless wall around you.

There is a sort of dim illumination coming from the ceiling as though a light from the other side was shining through the wall itself, but it is too dim to illuminate anything below the surface of the pool. Aside from the sounds made by the party, all seems silent here, and for those with a sharp sense of smell, there is an odd musky smell that can usually be found in a well used lair of an animal.

The slimy stuff you are in is obviously not actual water, more like mucus (think slimer from ghostbusters), and various sputters and exclamations can be heard as the party comes bursting up from the slime, one by one. Scooping the sludge from your eyes, the gooey slop sticks with persistence, but effort and disgust quickly clear some of the muck away.