PDA

View Full Version : Rappan Athuk Session 35 Open Game Sat Noon PDT GMT-7

Griogre
June 14th, 2007, 18:05
Rappan Athuk is a con open gaming room style campaign. Object is just to “sit down” and have fun exploring a huge old style dungeon. This is a dungeon crawl with “pick up” characters and players. Different character every session? Fine. Can only commit to one session? Great.

I’m looking for 4-6 players a session. If you are free and just want to play some D&D this Saturday come join in the fun at the "granddaddy of all dungeons". The current character level is 8th.

If you want to play jump on over here (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35) to my forum at Four Ugly Monsters and read the "stickys" for character creation, campaign details and to sign up for Session 35. If you are not a member of the forums at Four Ugly Monsters you may need to register to see the forums.

richvalle
June 14th, 2007, 21:14
Oh man. I'd love to play but this Sat already full of stuff. Maybe next time!

rv

Griogre
June 14th, 2007, 21:14
I forgot to mention that I have a pregen fighter and rogue available. As the levels go up it takes more and more time to generate a character and in the spirit of an open table gaming I wanted to have a character or two for a last minute player or two.

Griogre
June 14th, 2007, 21:18
Oh man. I'd love to play but this Sat already full of stuff. Maybe next time!

rv
LOL, well I usually run every Saturday, though this month I am only running every other week. If I have more than 4 signed up I don't usually bother to mention the game on the boards here but I seldom run full so feel free to stop by on any Saturday I am running.

richvalle
June 14th, 2007, 21:19
I'll try to catch you some Sat. I wanted to run with you during icon but it didn't work out.

Griogre
June 14th, 2007, 21:25
The iCon game was a really fun, though I totally blew the time estimate. Just like at a real con! :D I had to turn away Sigurd and I don't like doing that which is why I do low key advertising for this game.

scytale2
June 17th, 2007, 01:09
I may drop in next week - hope that's ok!

Griogre
June 18th, 2007, 01:53
scytale2 you are welcome to drop in, but I have some commitments this month and am not running next week. I will probably be able to run most weekends after this month though. I belive Xotic1 is running a dungeon bash game though at the same time next week and you might want to check it out. He mentioned it at the end of the session 35 signup.

scytale2
June 20th, 2007, 21:19
scytale2 you are welcome to drop in, but I have some commitments this month and am not running next week. I will probably be able to run most weekends after this month though. I belive Xotic1 is running a dungeon bash game though at the same time next week and you might want to check it out. He mentioned it at the end of the session 35 signup.

Ok, spotted - perhaps Xotic can PM me with the details, if there is a spot free...

suicidesmiley
June 23rd, 2007, 09:54
i am up for pretty much any saturday i dont work. but i might not be able to this saturday its my sister in laws bday.

Griogre
June 23rd, 2007, 10:13
I can't run tomorrow (today now), but normally run most Saturdays. I should put up a sign up sheet for Session 36 on Sunday or Monday. And post up the aftermath on 35. The open table campaign is different from most in that it is ok if you don't make it every week. I have a signup sheet for each session and won't take more than six players but I have a few player who play most every week, a few that play every few weeks and a couple that play once a month.

Make sure you check out the backstory and how to build a character at my forum. This is a straight dungeon crawl so built you character acordingly. Lately the party has had plenty of fighters but no rogues. Because people drop in and out each session the party is not always balanced.

Griogre
June 26th, 2007, 19:09
Athena, Grelk and Albert Steelaxe head down to the Shrine and confer with the priests there. They decide to try to disrupt whatever Orcus’ clerics are doing at a hide out near the city by locating and destroying a huge unholy symbol of Orcus. Locating the lair the group enters it and confronts some sort of warrior in the first room that “fades” away when it is killed. As the party moves out of the room with the warriors in the lead, Athena guarding the back is surprised by a large lizard like creature with a stinger. Albert and Grelk rush back to help and are lighting bolted by a kobold. Grelk fights the “lizard” while Albert charges the kobold. Athena goes down from the lizard but Grelk manages to kill it though he is badly wounded. Grelk pours serveral healing potions down Athena and manages to save her and once she is conscious she cures Grelk.

Meanwhile Albert after being lightning bolted twice more finally gets off a good one-two axe hit and cuts the kobold in half and then quarters it. He has no soon finished than a large feline predictor come around the corner drawn by the scent of fresh blood. The creature stands taller than Albert and while Albert does hit it once slightly wounding it - it playfully bats him around until the critically wounded Albert runs back out the entrance of the lair. The large cat is distracted by Grelk closing the door and while it does use the door as a scratching post it settles for dragging off the kobold’s pieces for dinner. After Athena has managed to restore Grelk to full health they open the badly scratched door to escape out of the lair and re-join Albert. Grelk is first out the door and finds a “red dragon”. He solidly stops, blocking the corridor, and tells Athena to run and stay low. Athena does so and but the creature breathes fire and only some cover from Grelk and fast reflexes allow her survive as the critically burned Athena dashes down the hall and out of the lair to safely. Grelk manages to run out also before the creature can attack again. The group returns to the Shrine and relates their adventures to the priests there. Too stubborn to give up, the adventurers return to the lair the next day and fight a giant and a goblin rogue and manage to destroy a massive unholy symbol to Orcus.

Getting to the unholy symbol was actually tougher than the fight against its guardians. But it was certainly an entertaining run. [XP 8th 3533; 9th 2900; treasure 2315 gp.]