PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions

MCMalarkey
January 30th, 2021, 21:53
Hi all

I have a couple questions about Fantasy grounds that would be crucial to this working for my group.

1 - how would this work if we have multiple DMs in our group? Could one of us but the program and content and a different member of the group still run a game.

2 - is this viable for running a blended table with some people playing in person together and another couple players playing online?
I was thinking of having a large screen logged in as a player at the DM house as well as the DM being logged in on a laptop and others offsite connecting as usual. Would multiple players be able to do everything on the 1 screen?

Thanks in advance if you can answer these for me!

Fear Grounds
January 30th, 2021, 22:03
Welcome MCMalarkey

1) To rotate DM's each DM would need at least a standard license. Licenses cannot be shared amongst a group. Then Each DM would have to purchase the content that they want to use.

2) This does work as a blended table. The players "in person" can easily see the digital players actions displayed on screen. For the Remote players you will still need to have a camera for them to be able to see what everyone else is doing, something like Zoom works well here. I recommend that each player uses Fantasy Grounds, even if they are at the table, as it helps the remote players to feel included.

Granamere
January 30th, 2021, 22:30
Welcome!

I would recommend downloading the demo version and start playing around with it. That way you can see for yourself how it works. Also I would take a class or two at https://fantasygroundscollege.net/ that way you can see it in action.

As Fear Grounds has covered Yes it will work for you. I other question is will the local people want to roll dice or will they use a computer to play? You would want at least different local for the players to use if not one each. If you were to let them us the DM computer well they could then see everything you can. :)

MCMalarkey
January 30th, 2021, 23:56
Well that’s a pretty big bummer about the content. I figured everyone who wanted to DM would need a standard license but I thought maybe one player would be able to share the paid content like the MM, DMG etc

Thanks for the info

similarly
January 31st, 2021, 00:32
The DM can share THEIR resources with the group, but a player can't.