PDA

View Full Version : Cursed Condition

SoloJoke
January 30th, 2021, 07:50
What does the cursed condition do? I can't seem to find anything about it in the wiki.

Zacchaeus
January 30th, 2021, 10:00
It doesn't do anything except add the cursed word as an effect to a PC or NPC. It doesn't do anything because there are a number of curses in the game so there's no one effect which would cover them all. Although it's there in the conditions it's not really useable as is; unless the curse you want to apply doesn't have any kind of effect that could be created.

SoloJoke
January 30th, 2021, 12:38
Ah right, I see, so it's more of a bookkeeping tool, thanks.

SilentRuin
January 30th, 2021, 16:04
It doesn't do anything except add the cursed word as an effect to a PC or NPC. It doesn't do anything because there are a number of curses in the game so there's no one effect which would cover them all. Although it's there in the conditions it's not really useable as is; unless the curse you want to apply doesn't have any kind of effect that could be created.

Huh. I have to admit I've used "CURSED" to mean something as a keyword in one of my extensions. I was not aware it was a "thing". Can you give me an example in an effect where it is used currently?

LordEntrails
January 30th, 2021, 17:16
It's an available condition in the effects list. But as Mr Z says, D&D uses it to mean different things (like Hex, or other spells and items or NPC actions) but not consistently so there is no mechanical effect tied to the word itself. Since, depending upon where the 'curse' comes from, the mechanics can be different.

SilentRuin
January 30th, 2021, 17:31
It's an available condition in the effects list. But as Mr Z says, D&D uses it to mean different things (like Hex, or other spells and items or NPC actions) but not consistently so there is no mechanical effect tied to the word itself. Since, depending upon where the 'curse' comes from, the mechanics can be different.

I see it now. Raw informative text by itself. Thank you. That's not going to interfere then as it only matters if its on a matching item name that it would effect me.