PDA

View Full Version : Coc 7th Ed, combat resistance and weakness

NickT
January 29th, 2021, 19:33
Hi recently bought Coc 7th Ed and I am trying to get my head round the combat system, is there any equivalent to the Resist: and Weak: coding in PF2? I am trying to automate impale damage only doing 1 point for zombies, and all other attacks doing 1/2 damage, I have been looking for some sort of FGU Coc 7th Ed manual or video, but so far have drawn a blank
If you could point me in the right direction I would be most grateful.

damned
January 29th, 2021, 23:19
There is no RESIST built into the ruleset.
I cant find that rule that you mention anywhere in the Core Rulebook.
As a Keeper you will need to adjust on the fly.

NickT
January 30th, 2021, 08:32
OK thanks, I was beginning to suspect that but it is nice to have it confirmed. The "rules" I was quoting are from Achtung! Cthulhu, "Gefallen", and I wrongly assumed they were closely based on traditional zombies, from the original rulebook ;>(
Thanks for the prompt response
NickT

Trenloe
January 30th, 2021, 11:56
OK thanks, I was beginning to suspect that but it is nice to have it confirmed. The "rules" I was quoting are from Achtung! Cthulhu, "Gefallen", and I wrongly assumed they were closely based on traditional zombies, from the original rulebook ;>(
They are from the original rulebook. Achtung! Cthulhu was based on CoC 6th edition (as well as Savage Worlds, but that's not important right now). Zombies in CoC 6th edition have the mechanics you list. In CoC 7th edition it has changed to "Major wounds delivered to the body will result in loss of a limb. Otherwise ignore damage except to the head (one penalty die on rolls to target the head)."