PDA

View Full Version : add spell action...

Larsenex
January 28th, 2021, 13:30
Add spell actions.

Team was this moved or removed as we are now using the new automation?

I wanted to add new spells but I cant seem to right click after I add the spell action to the sheet and get 'add spell action'.

Larsenex

ShadeRaven
January 28th, 2021, 14:41
Not sure what you are struggling with, Lars. Is this in Classic or Unity?

I do know that when I add a new spell, I can then right-click anywhere along the spell's name or area to the right of it to get the usual radial dial which contains the Add Spell Action option.

Larsenex
January 28th, 2021, 15:05
hmmm I think that is the issue. I am trying to add actions but I think i am clicking on wrong area.
Nope, I cant add a spell action to a new spell ability. I can add spell focus or spell class but i cannot add actions to it.

Larsenex
January 28th, 2021, 15:09
I want to add either a heal or dmg but when right or left clicking on the spell name i get nothing.

Trenloe
January 28th, 2021, 15:11
Are you using FGC or FGU?

Have you unlocked the NPC?

Screenshots showing where you're trying to do this please.

Larsenex
January 28th, 2021, 17:31
Trenloe,

Thank you. When I get back home tonight Ill take some screenshots. This is for Unity

Larsenex
January 29th, 2021, 04:44
Trenloe and Shade.
When I go to the NPC sheet and on the spells tap I can add a spell class. I want to start off adding a spell action but no matter where I click I can only "add spell class or add spell focus"

At no point can I add the spell action.
Photo attached

Trenloe
January 29th, 2021, 11:04
Spell actions are only contained in a spell. You need to add a spell first.

And before you add a spell, you need to assign how many spell slots there are per level.

Trenloe
January 29th, 2021, 11:08
Unrelated... but kinda related. If you're adding actions/automation for spider venom then I wouldn't recommend using spells for this. Use the NPC automation. If you have the Bestiary product, look at the Hunting Spider Venom entry of the Hunting Spider to see how ShadeRaven has setup the automation actions for the various stage effects.

More on NPC automation here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64192-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-Bestiaries-and-Automation With lots and lots of examples in the Bestiary, Bestiary 2 and Agents of Edgewatch AP.

lostsanityreturned
January 30th, 2021, 03:31
Unrelated... but kinda related. If you're adding actions/automation for spider venom then I wouldn't recommend using spells for this. Use the NPC automation. If you have the Bestiary product, look at the Hunting Spider Venom entry of the Hunting Spider to see how ShadeRaven has setup the automation actions for the various stage effects.

More on NPC automation here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?64192-Pathfinder-Second-Edition-Bestiaries-and-Automation With lots and lots of examples in the Bestiary, Bestiary 2 and Agents of Edgewatch AP.

On that note, if we could get an NPC sheet like automation field added to affliction windows that would be awesome.
There are many scenarios where a creature will die but its poison will live on, in the veins of a player character. Being able to roll saves, damage and apply effects from the affliction sheet itself would be absolute godsend in those scenarios (at the moment I have to remember to hide dead npcs -laughs-)

Trenloe
January 30th, 2021, 11:14
On that note, if we could get an NPC sheet like automation field added to affliction windows that would be awesome.
Afflictions will be handled in a future release.