PDA

View Full Version : kind of a feature request

greowhiste
June 13th, 2007, 19:24
you know those lovely little bubbles that pop up over your numbers that let you know if something is inconsistent (like if you manually upgraded your strength modifier without upping your strength score...)

First of all, what are they called? I'll call them pop-overs for the time being.

I would really like it if there was a "notes" button on the character sheet. Something that hides and shows pop-overs like these (maybe in a separate color than the kind listed above, the "error" pop-over). This might be a good solution to a lot of real-estate problems. But, crazy note-taking player that I am, I like to know how I arrived at the scores I did. Such as for say, my Survival skill. In the Miscellaneous field it could read +10, but the pop-over, if on, could explain "+2 syn: Kn(Nat), +5: magic gloves, +3: skill focus (surv)"

Just a tiny button in the bottom corner or top right or whatever, like the speech bubble button on the Personalities page.

who's with me?

Dachannien
June 14th, 2007, 00:44
The d20 ruleset describes them as "modifiers". They are implemented as textwidget objects that are created inside the Lua script as child objects of the numbercontrol itself.

The problem is that textwidgets don't support dynamic text editing as, say, a textbasecontrol does. There's no way to click one of these and be able to edit the text. Instead, they're modified via the script when the mouse wheel is used on the parent control.

Conceivably, one could edit the ruleset to allow dragging and dropping a string onto the parent control and have that set the textwidget to contain that text (or, for that matter, implement any number of alternate solutions).