PDA

View Full Version : Setting a value in a Readonly numbercontrol

Doswelk
June 13th, 2007, 15:45
I am trying to set some numbers on the character sheet that never change...

The numbercontrol has the following settings:

<nodrop />
<noreset />
<displaysign />
<readonly />

Tried the following but it didn't work:

<script>
function onInit()
if not getValue() then
setvalue(-1)
end
end
</script>

Can anyone help me with what it should be?

joshuha
June 13th, 2007, 16:05
Tried it with a capital V? Sometimes its the little things. Unless its just the copy/paste that's bad.

setValue()

Dachannien
June 13th, 2007, 18:02
It occurs to me, there should be a script error when that script gets executed, since presumably setvalue() isn't defined. But then I checked the Lua reference manual, and in there it says,

"All values different from nil and false are considered true (in particular, the number 0 and the empty string are also true)."

Since a numbercontrol's default value is 0, setvalue(-1) is never reached. But since these are presumably values that aren't set in the database, you don't need the conditional statement anyway.

Doswelk
June 13th, 2007, 19:09
It occurs to me, there should be a script error when that script gets executed, since presumably setvalue() isn't defined. But then I checked the Lua reference manual, and in there it says,

"All values different from nil and false are considered true (in particular, the number 0 and the empty string are also true)."

Since a numbercontrol's default value is 0, setvalue(-1) is never reached. But since these are presumably values that aren't set in the database, you don't need the conditional statement anyway.

I did think that, so I removed the conditional and it still did not work...

However that still probably had the setvalue entry rather than setValue (I'm not near my PC right now to test)