PDA

View Full Version : You really have something here, now get the word out!

Chronicpain
January 26th, 2021, 00:19
I’m a really old school rpg player (back from the basic box days)...
Anyway I wanted to find a good way to play D&D on my PC since it fits my current lifestyle.
I searched for about 10 days, checking out the reviews, websites and forums of all the major VTT sites and Fantasy Grounds was by far the best.
I’m only posting this to let you know you were way too hard to find and identity as the best. I’m not sure who is in charge of your internet advertising, but when I googled “Play D&D online” you were nowhere near the top. It shouldn’t take that much digging to find the best.
It was easy to find those r20 guys, but honestly it didn’t take much research to find out it’s a bunch of dummies with a few decent players mixed in who haven’t found this place yet.
I’m gonna stay here ... already threw a few bucks in on a manual and a sub even though I haven’t played yet, just because I appreciate what you are doing.
I would love to see you guys improve your google search or other search results so it’s easier to find you. There’s a huge part of the market who doesn’t know they are playing the second (or 3rd or 4th etc lol) best platform because they just clicked on the first thing they saw.
Just my 2c ... game on ...

Valyar
January 26th, 2021, 19:07
I agree. Fantasy Grounds is the best VTT out there and I would love to become the default choice... Unfortunately some changes in the model and marketing might be required, but this is not for me to comment. My contribution for this is increasing the awareness in the circles I play with and have influence on + developing content when possible.

You made the right choice, there is no doubt about that. :) Welcome aboard.

Sorontar
January 26th, 2021, 21:38
Yup FG in all its incarnations has been my favourite VTT but I just don't see the games we used to have and its hard to see a mention of it as you say.

A friend was showing me Foundry as I tested his campaign for him and the cool stuff like languages were all the stuff introduced back by the FG community in 4E days I think. It looks cool but FG will still be my go to when I run a game and my first choice as a player if possible.

Just got to get myself deeper into Unity so I'm up to speed.

Welcome aboard and happy gaming :)