PDA

View Full Version : Key Command Won't Work

Mr. Kieffer
January 24th, 2021, 20:37
I'm running FGU on an apple and one of the key commands for helping me edit content isn't working. I'm manually entering in some races and classes, and I need to have tables in the class info. The key command ctrl+tab isn't working to add a new cell. Ctrl works with other keys for other commands, like copy and paste, and it works to quick command change the kinds of lines of text. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Fear Grounds
January 25th, 2021, 02:25
Ctrl+Tab only works on text that is formated as a table, like in a story entry. It's does not do anything if building a rollable table.

Mr. Kieffer
January 25th, 2021, 03:23
That's what I am trying to do. I'm not doing rollable tables, but tables for class levels and the number of spell slots per level. Ctrl+Tab doesn't seem to work.

Fear Grounds
January 25th, 2021, 04:24
That's what I am trying to do. I'm not doing rollable tables, but tables for class levels and the number of spell slots per level. Ctrl+Tab doesn't seem to work.

Did you right click the text and set the paragraph type to table, before trying to add another column?

Mr. Kieffer
January 25th, 2021, 04:57
I have done that to set the paragraph type to table. I have also use the key command ctrl+6 to achieve the same effect. Neither allow me to use the ctrl+tab command to add another column.

Fear Grounds
January 25th, 2021, 05:23
A few more questions then:
What ruleset are you using?
Where on the class entry are you trying to put the table(only works on main tab)?
Have you tried it in a story entry?
And of course, do you have any extensions running that could be causing the issue?

Mr. Kieffer
January 25th, 2021, 06:47
I'm using 5E ruleset.
I'm trying to use it on the main tab.
I have not tried it in a story entry.
I don't believe I have any extensions running.

Mr. Kieffer
January 25th, 2021, 06:47
I just tried it in a story entry. No luck.

By the way, since I didn't say so earlier, thank you for helping.

Zacchaeus
January 25th, 2021, 09:01
It's certainly working in Windows so it must be a mac specific issue. I don't know anything about macs but is there an alternative to the CTRL key on a mac - I seem to remember that the CTRL key works differently on macs.

Fear Grounds
January 25th, 2021, 15:07
Well, I certainly did not know that Zacchaeus. Always something else to learn. LOL

Instead, the Macintosh equivalent of the Windows Ctrl key is the ⌘ key, called “command”. The Alt key is called Option. The Alt Gr key could be replaced by a Control key, this is not a Ctrl Key.

Because that's not confusing at all.

Mr. Kieffer
January 28th, 2021, 07:55
I found out the solution through random *** key combinations. Apparently on Mac OSX the key command is fn+command+tab to add a cell to your tables.

Fear Grounds
January 28th, 2021, 14:07
I found out the solution through random *** key combinations. Apparently on Mac OSX the key command is fn+command+tab to add a cell to your tables.

Thank you for letting us know. I'm sure this will help others in the future.

WishX
February 3rd, 2021, 20:56
Thank you for letting us know. I'm sure this will help others in the future.

Added to the Customer Portal.
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996640055/Basic+Actions