PDA

View Full Version : New Modem

DarthSinistris
January 22nd, 2021, 01:28
Hello, Forum!
I hope this hasn't been solved already in another thread, I just didn't see one. Apologies if it's been asked and solved before.
So I'm looking to purchase a new modem because my current one is dropping my connection way too much, and from what I've heard from previous DM's that run FG, they've had a hard time getting the program to run again. Now, I haven't been in contact with these guys for months (i think I've been ghosted), so I don't know how they resolved that particular issue. I'm worried that if I buy this new modem i'll run into similar problems Anyone else have this go with them? Thanks for the replies!!

pbridges
January 22nd, 2021, 02:45
I have never had a problem as long as the firewall on the modem was setup correctly

LordEntrails
January 22nd, 2021, 04:28
FGC or FGU?

If you are using FGC, then see the Connections Explained thread in the Classic House of Healing. It will provide info on what you might need to do with a new modem.

If you are using FGU, then it shouldn't matter if you are using a Cloud brokered connection.

DarthSinistris
January 23rd, 2021, 22:28
I have never had a problem as long as the firewall on the modem was setup correctly

FGC or FGU?

If you are using FGC, then see the Connections Explained thread in the Classic House of Healing. It will provide info on what you might need to do with a new modem.

If you are using FGU, then it shouldn't matter if you are using a Cloud brokered connection.

I'm using FGC, but thanks for the replies. will look into some solutions, as the problem has presented itself. Will a reinstall maybe facilitate this?

Fear Grounds
January 23rd, 2021, 23:13
The new modem has likely changed your IP address. You need to find out what your new IP address is and make sure to reserve it for your computer. This will assign the same IP address to your computer everytime it connects to the network.

For Classic, you will then need to set up your portforward rules with the new IP address.

DarthSinistris
January 23rd, 2021, 23:48
The new modem has likely changed your IP address. You need to find out what your new IP address is and make sure to reserve it for your computer. This will assign the same IP address to your computer everytime it connects to the network.

For Classic, you will then need to set up your portforward rules with the new IP address.

Problem solved! Thanks a ton for the help!!