PDA

View Full Version : Starfinder - Weapon Specialization

deer_buster
January 21st, 2021, 23:00
THIS EXTENSION's FUNCTIONALITY HAS BEEN INTEGRATED INTO STARFINDER RULESET AND WILL NO LONGER BE UPDATED

Code may be implemented into the Starfinder ruleset only. All other use restricted.

Added Specialization to Weapon Editor (new column - Spec)
Added Weapon Focus to Weapon Editor (added to Prof)

Prof - Black star = Non-Proficient, Light Blue star = Proficient, 2 Light Blue Stars = Weapon Focus
Spec - Black star = No Specialization, Light Blue star = Weapon Specialization, 1/2 Light Blue star = Half-Specialization (e.g. Operative weapons and Small Arms)

License
I give Smiteworks an irrevocable license to merge this extension into the base Starfinder ruleset code. No other commercial use is allowed.

Version:
2.1.18 - Initial Release
2021-02-17 - Updated for CoreRPG v2021-02-01, Added Weapon Focus and moved Weapon Specialization to new column
2021-02-20 - Bug fix for dragging damage

deer_buster
January 22nd, 2021, 01:18
Think I have it for real this time :)

Littlerogue
January 22nd, 2021, 07:07
I'd like to take a look at it !

But it doesn't seems to be a .ext file to simply drop into "extensions" folder. How can i use it exactly ?

deer_buster
January 22nd, 2021, 07:26
just rename the .zip extension to .ext

Littlerogue
January 22nd, 2021, 11:43
Thanks !

It works fine, except for one thing : When "Not proficient"(gray star), the attack roll is made without malus, while when "proficient"(1 blue star) a NONPROF -4 malus is applied, i think there is an inversion somewhere.

Speaking of prociciency, i see that weapons have a subtype which may be used to define proficiency. How difficult do you think it is to link an appropriate Proficiency to a weapon in action tab to automically provide proficiency to this weapon ?

deer_buster
January 22nd, 2021, 14:42
Thanks !

It works fine, except for one thing : When "Not proficient"(gray star), the attack roll is made without malus, while when "proficient"(1 blue star) a NONPROF -4 malus is applied, i think there is an inversion somewhere.

That's actually an inversion in the Single and Full attack code, and I think a bug that Superteddy would need to fix.

Speaking of prociciency, i see that weapons have a subtype which may be used to define proficiency. How difficult do you think it is to link an appropriate Proficiency to a weapon in action tab to automically provide proficiency to this weapon ?

Probably not going to happen. Not even 5e, which is the flagship product, does that check.

deer_buster
February 17th, 2021, 17:49
2021-02-17 - Updated for CoreRPG v2021-02-01, Added Weapon Focus and moved Weapon Specialization to new column

daggans
February 21st, 2021, 00:31
Hello there. I don't see a link to the .ext to be able to be downloaded. Look forward to getting the update! Thank you for your work!

deer_buster
February 21st, 2021, 05:00
Bug fix for drag-drop not working for specialization

deer_buster
May 19th, 2021, 15:45
Extension deprecated as it has now been implemented into Starfinder