PDA

View Full Version : Effects name ?

Littlerogue
January 21st, 2021, 20:20
As a lot of automation (at least for 3.5 based systems) seems to use effects, is it a way to replace the effect code (SKILL: 1d6 diplomacy, sense motive) by a more readable entry of the effect tab of Combat Tracker ("Expertise" in this case) ? Thanks !

Zacchaeus
January 21st, 2021, 20:38
You can add a descriptor to the effect Expertise; SKILL: 1d6, dipolmacy, sense motive. Note the semi colon after the descriptor - FG will ignore that word and moove on to the effect.

Trenloe
January 21st, 2021, 20:39
Add your vote in the FG feature request website here: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=135363

Recommendation - the https://fgapp.idea.informer.com is the best place to add feature requests. You've had some good ideas recently, please log them!

Littlerogue
January 21st, 2021, 20:44
Yup, for now i can show a name, but i'd like to hide the code behind to make it more visible on the CT,

I didn't see that the suggestion had already been poster on the feature request, thank !

Kelrugem
January 22nd, 2021, 11:08
Would be nice, yes :) Some tooltip over such effects would be cool, too, as a quick reminder how that was defined :) This would also have the advantage that one can check whether or not something is interpreted by FG as effect :) (also to avoid user errors like adding informational-only effects which are actually interpreted etc., which may happen when people can define their own names for effects and forgot that something gets interpreted due to their custom-made names)

WindrunnerCGG
January 22nd, 2021, 16:49
Would be nice, yes :) Some tooltip over such effects would be cool, too, as a quick reminder how that was defined :) This would also have the advantage that one can check whether or not something is interpreted by FG as effect :) (also to avoid user errors like adding informational-only effects which are actually interpreted etc., which may happen when people can define their own names for effects and forgot that something gets interpreted due to their custom-made names)

I really like this idea Kel!