PDA

View Full Version : unnamed tabs_charsheet in MoreCore record_char.xml

crleonhard
January 21st, 2021, 15:08
I'm attempting to build a MoreCore extension, but \campaign\record_char.xml contains a tabs_charsheet with no name. Doesn't this make it impossible to replace or delete this element via merge? The tabs_charsheet in the 5e record_char.xml by contrast is named, making it easy to apply a merge rule to it without needing to replace the entire file. (This is still pretty new to me, though, so it's possible I'm missing something.)

Trenloe
January 21st, 2021, 15:13
If this is specific to MoreCore, probably better to post in the MoreCore ruleset thread.

crleonhard
January 21st, 2021, 15:15
Ah, thanks!

damned
January 21st, 2021, 22:26
Im guessing that when I did that part of the ruleset it was also unnamed in CoreRPG
Right now you would replace the whole charsheet definition but I will check it out and update it soonish

crleonhard
January 22nd, 2021, 13:46
Actually, it looks like simply redefining the tabs_charsheet with the desired omissions effectively replaced the tabs in the base file, even without specifying a name. I guess a windowinstance can only have one set of tabs, maybe, so the new one just automatically replaced the existing one despite not having a name to match on? IDK, but I'm happy it's working as-is!

ETA: Oops, I stand corrected -- it looks like both sets of tabs are there, it's just that mine are on top of the old ones so they're hard to see.