PDA

View Full Version : Awarding Hero Points

Skellan
January 17th, 2021, 13:29
Does anyone know if there is a way to award hero points easily, like a /heropoint command?

Trenloe
January 17th, 2021, 13:41
Tell the players they've gained a hero point. Let them add it themselves.

Skellan
January 17th, 2021, 14:07
My players are all old and have the deafened condition now :D I suppose if they forget it will be their own fault :D
Still, a command to distribute and maybe reset hero points would be cool. Or maybe just have hero points listed on the party sheet?
It is no biggie though, I am sure there are more important things. I just wondered if there was an easier way to manage them.

Skellan
January 17th, 2021, 18:02
Actually, if someone picks up the development of the hero point deck then it may need something different anyway..

https://paizo.com/products/btq024ut?Pathfinder-Hero-Point-Deck

Kermit1013
January 18th, 2021, 20:50
as GM you also have access to all the character sheets, so you can just manually add the HP's to their character sheet yourself - I know it's an inelegant solution, but it would work

Trenloe
January 18th, 2021, 20:55
I have it in the back of my mind to do something like the Savage Worlds "Bennies" sometime in the future - have an indicator on the PC portrait on the top-left of the desktop as to how many hero points they currently have, and allow allocation of bennies either through the portrait and/or the Party Sheet. It's way down in the priorities at present.

Skellan
January 18th, 2021, 20:59
Yes, something like the way savage worlds handles bennies would probably be ideal, but I agree with you that there are probably better things to do first. In the meantime, I can follow Kermit's suggestion