PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds Unity - Day/Night Lighting Effects

Mytherus
January 16th, 2021, 17:31
Good afternoon All.

I have a simple question. I've used FGC for a couple years but only recently switched to Unity. I'm about to get a RotF game going and I am using the winter theme.

Am I crazy (or are my eyes worse than I thought they were) -- I don't see the toggle that FGC has for the lighting change day/night/twilight.

Did that get removed from unity? I didn't use often but sometimes it was nice for atmosphere and I think it would have fit in with my Rime game.

Thanks.

Valyar
January 16th, 2021, 17:41
It has been removed in Unity... I hope they will bring it back at some point ,this was very used feature in my games for setting the mood.

Trenloe
January 16th, 2021, 17:46
You can't change the overall mood lighting like you could in FGC.

You can, however, change the lighting on an image - so if you're playing on a map this can help a little towards setting the mood. Add a "fx" layer and set to "Time of day" or "Adjust colors" and play with the settings.

Mytherus
January 22nd, 2021, 13:29
I have not messed with the fx layer yet but thanks ill try your suggestion. Hopefully its fairly simple to use.

similarly
January 22nd, 2021, 14:43
FX layer is super easy to use, and VERY useful. I can make the water move. I created a magic corridor and added a VERY tiny water effect to kind make it look weird. I use lighting to create mood, etc.

WindrunnerCGG
January 22nd, 2021, 16:36
We have a class we are teaching on the new maps and images functionality (including the effects) at the Fantasy Grounds College. The next one is an EU-friendly one next Tuesday afternoon (EST). We will be putting more of those on the schedule in the coming weeks.

Windrunner