PDA

View Full Version : Tracking updates to modules/extensions

FlyingFortress17
January 15th, 2021, 14:53
Hello,

I recently picked up Fantasy Grounds in December and have started playing a campaign with my son, which we're both really enjoying!
I purchased some ease of life modules/extensions from the DMs Guild from a couple of different authors and I've noticed on the forums that some of them have been updated for bug fixes/enhancements since I originally purchased/downloaded them.

Is there a central place/page I can check to find out that one of these modules/extensions has been updated so I know that I need to download the most current version?
Right now it seems like I need to either bookmark various threads or pages elsewhere for each extension and look at each module periodically to see if it's been updated, which doesn't seem that efficient.

I'm really new to this and still learning so if there is somewhere that I've overlooked that has this information, I apologize, and if someone could point me to that I would really appreciate it!

superteddy57
January 15th, 2021, 14:56
If it's a store bought module/ruleset then you can check the City Hall for all the latest updates. Unfortunately if it's provided in the forum there isn't an update thread to follow except for the thread where you downloaded the file.

Trenloe
January 15th, 2021, 15:03
Welcome to the FG forums.

As mentioned by superteddy57, if the extensions/modules are community created, or bought from DMs Guild, then you'll need to check the places you got the product from periodically. This is pretty important to do this on an ongoing basis. But is very important for extensions when there's a new version release of Fantasy Grounds rulesets (release details in the City Hall thread) as extension code may need updating to be compatible with the new code - and this may take some time for the issues to be reported and fixed.

Mytherus
January 15th, 2021, 15:18
For stuff bought on DMs guild just log onto your account and click on "my library" it lists what you purchased since you started using that account. It should also feature an updated column. Theres a date next to each item telling you when it was updated.

FlyingFortress17
January 15th, 2021, 15:23
Thank you supperteddy57, Trenloe and Mytherus for your responses.
I figured out how to better track the updates for ones I've purchased through the DMs Guild, just as Mytherus has explained in his post, and will just manually track the others separately.

Thank you again for the help!

Nylanfs
January 15th, 2021, 17:04
Also for extensions in the forums here, find the announcement thread for that extension, then select Thread Tools, and Subscribe. you'll get notified when there are posts to that thread.

LordEntrails
January 15th, 2021, 18:41
SmiteWorks is working on a system for community extensions (not modules). But it has yet to be demonstrated. It's high priority, so hopefully will be deployed soon, whenever that may be :)