PDA

View Full Version : Vaesen Bug Report Thread

superteddy57
January 15th, 2021, 14:20
Use this thread to post any ruleset specific issues to track and get resolved. When reporting, please provide steps in reproducing the issue and any images if possible.

Cailore
January 15th, 2021, 23:36
The slide-rule in the equipment list is just a "side rule".

Also the archetype field doesn't accept an archetype link. It would be super helpful if it did.

I've had a crash on the combat tracker, I'm trying to isolate the steps to help you replicate it.

All in all, it's already a great rule set, thanks guys.

vegaserik
January 16th, 2021, 03:23

The numbers get cut off in the actions page and active equipment box.

Valyar
January 16th, 2021, 08:39
Thanks for the reports, they are in the queue now.:)

Valyar
January 16th, 2021, 18:54
All typos and font/symbol issues reported so far are fixed, the combat tracker script error will be bashed to oblivion soon too. Since none of those is gamebreaking bug, the update will come in 2 weeks on the LIVE channel. I added as enhancment the ability to drag & drop archetypes to the field so it can be referred easily.

Note that you can open the respective skills descriptions by double-clicking on the skill name in the character sheet.

Jarec
January 17th, 2021, 10:21
It doesn't seem to record damage caused during combat. I'm having to keep a paper record of how combat progresses or am I missing something

Valyar
January 17th, 2021, 10:50
The damage caused should be applied as conditions after armor roll is done automatically once the GM hits apply. Let me look into that.

viresanimi
March 7th, 2021, 23:47
The text box for HQ development points seems to be missing from the Reference Manual (players).

Is dodge calculated correctly? As I read the rules, if you roll the same number of successes to dodge as the attacker did to hit, you can avoid the damage. That doesn't seem to appear on the combat tracker. Unless you roll more successes to dodge, than the hit roll. Or am I missing something?

I love the ruleset by the way!!

Valyar
March 13th, 2021, 19:17
hi viresanimi, thanks for the report. I will check the two issues and I will amend where necessary.

AlterZwerg
March 21st, 2021, 13:13
First i want to thank you for this Ruleset and all the work you put into bringing the Fria Lagan Games to FG!
I found two minor issues while preparing for my first Session:
- drag & drop doesnīt work with Archetypes
- Spelling: Stunts: Outmaneuver

Valyar
March 27th, 2021, 18:37
First i want to thank you for this Ruleset and all the work you put into bringing the Fria Lagan Games to FG!
I found two minor issues while preparing for my first Session:
- drag & drop doesnīt work with Archetypes
- Spelling: Stunts: Outmaneuver
Hi AlterZwerg,
The drag & drop is not implemented.
Can you pinpoint where the typo is?

AlterZwerg
March 27th, 2021, 21:35
Hi AlterZwerg,
The drag & drop is not implemented.
Can you pinpoint where the typo is?

Ah, my bad. Thought drag&drop was already in there... I was just bragging to one of my Players about the merits of FG not having to type anything in and then - bam! ;)
The typo is "Outmeneuver", afaik it should be "Outmaneuver"

Valyar
March 27th, 2021, 21:55
I will fix it.
PS: we aim to make the archetype drag and drop, but considering the loose character creation it will be probably link to the archetype page for now.

AlterZwerg
March 27th, 2021, 22:12
I know there isnīt much to drag into the sheet, but just having the link to the Archetype would be enough (at least for me)

5xad0w
April 26th, 2021, 22:14
I've noticed two things so far.

#1: There seems to be no entry for Rifle in the equipment section and Musket seems to use an amalgamation of Rifle/Musket stats going by the Vaesen source book.

#2: The 'Kick or Punch' equipment listing incorrectly uses CLOSE COMBAT instead of FORCE to calculate success. The attack correctly lists FORCE as the skill to use, but I believe the error is tied to the Melee category setting. The 'Kick/Punch' equipment listing correctly uses FORCE but only 'Kick or Punch' appears on the list when you sort equipment by Melee.

Valyar
April 27th, 2021, 07:12
I've noticed two things so far.

#1: There seems to be no entry for Rifle in the equipment section and Musket seems to use an amalgamation of Rifle/Musket stats going by the Vaesen source book.

#2: The 'Kick or Punch' equipment listing incorrectly uses CLOSE COMBAT instead of FORCE to calculate success. The attack correctly lists FORCE as the skill to use, but I believe the error is tied to the Melee category setting. The 'Kick/Punch' equipment listing correctly uses FORCE but only 'Kick or Punch' appears on the list when you sort equipment by Melee.

Hi 5xad0w, thanks for reporting those. Both are now fixed and I submit to SW today.

For item #2 you can update the category of the item in your inventory to Unarmed from Melee and the automation will properly pick the FORCE skill during roll. When the fix is delivered, the items in character's inventories won't be updated as they are instance of the object that is modifiable.

PS: Note that there is Kick/Punch item in Unarmed category, you can use that too.

Frail Realities
April 27th, 2021, 17:04
I can't seem to find the Questions for Development Points text box whic is on Page 87 of the Rule Book, it would be great if in a future update this could be included OR someone could point me to where I'm missing it!!

Thanks, loving the mod still so far :)

Valyar
April 27th, 2021, 17:13
I can't seem to find the Questions for Development Points text box whic is on Page 87 of the Rule Book, it would be great if in a future update this could be included OR someone could point me to where I'm missing it!!

Thanks, loving the mod still so far :)
The update was pushed today to LIVE, it will appear at some point. Check the screenshot of the missing box:

viresanimi
April 27th, 2021, 21:10
Unless they push another update today, it doesn't seem to be in the update. I do not see any change in the reference manual so far.

Valyar
April 27th, 2021, 21:45
Will ask and check the reference machine tomorrow morning. The screenshot is from my local version.

viresanimi
April 27th, 2021, 23:12
There. Another update and it was fixed. Good stuff!

5xad0w
April 28th, 2021, 04:43
The Damage field in the combat section of the Vaesen cards are showing up empty. Doesn't seem to affect combat and the proper damage stat will show in the combat tracker.

Valyar
April 28th, 2021, 05:44
The Damage field in the combat section of the Vaesen cards are showing up empty. Doesn't seem to affect combat and the proper damage stat will show in the combat tracker.
This appears only in Unity, as the program is rendering the elements differently for some reason. Probably the last update caused this, but it is cosmetic and easy fix.
The numbers are there, just increase the width of the windows by few pixels and they will appear. To avoid such inconveniences, I submitted an update for this too. :)

5xad0w
September 7th, 2021, 05:44
This is a weird one since it is more of a typo in the actual rulebook (it exists in the printed edition i have at least) but the Emergency Medicine talent allows a player to ignore MENTAL conditions when using the Medicine skill, but Medicine uses precision, which is a PHYSICAL attribute. Thus, rules as written, Emergency Medicine does nothing.

Moon Wizard
September 7th, 2021, 15:20
This is probably something to bring up with publisher, and see if they want to publish official errata. Our DLC follow the exact same text as the rulebooks they are adapted from.

Regards,
JPG

gbhenderson
September 20th, 2021, 20:36
Table "Background - B - Upbringing: Worker" is missing Empathy 5 for the "Religious" result.

Valyar
September 23rd, 2021, 09:20
Table "Background - B - Upbringing: Worker" is missing Empathy 5 for the "Religious" result.
Thanks for the report. This is now fixed and pushed to SVN. Expect to LIVE channel in 2 weeks.

AusHope
January 18th, 2022, 11:36
Hey, just found out that all rolls made in the combat tower are automatically failing, my players rolled about 30 rolls with skills of 4 and 5 and not one has passed.

Valyar
January 18th, 2022, 20:44
Hey, just found out that all rolls made in the combat tower are automatically failing, my players rolled about 30 rolls with skills of 4 and 5 and not one has passed.
OK, I can reproduce this, the problem is elsewhere and we will look into that as soon as possible.

AusHope
January 22nd, 2022, 13:46
Not sure if it will help you track it down, but it looks like Alien might be doing the same thing with the tower too.

Alien is 100% fixed now.

Gwydion
May 15th, 2022, 20:16
Just learning this ruleset. I noticed if I roll skill test for a skill that I have a 2 in and a 1 for the attribute (3 total) and if I have three conditions, I get an error and it says I have too many conditions to roll that skill. However, on page 40 of the ruleset, it states that no matter how many conditions you have you may always roll at least one die. Thanks!

Gwydion
May 16th, 2022, 12:26
One other question. I don't see a way to create parcels in the ruleset. Based on another thread it looks like you could at one point? Did this break with some underlying FGU update or am I missing something which is usually the case? Thanks!

Moon Wizard
May 16th, 2022, 17:03
I had disabled them in February as part of the currency feature cleanup; since currencies were disabled in Vaesen PC sheets. Since parcels support currencies by default; in Vaesen, the data was added to the PC sheet data with no way to access or remove.

Regards,
JPG

Gwydion
May 16th, 2022, 17:15
Makes sense. Thanks so much.

Gwydion
May 22nd, 2022, 15:25
Ok, these are minor, but thought I would report them anyway. Loving the ruleset and can't wait to run a game:

Archetype - Vagabond - Talents have the names listed, but the lniks are listed below equipment

Equipment: A few items do not have the proper parsing (e.g. [INSPIRE +1]" instead of "[INSPIRATION +1]
Liquor ("INSPIRE +1" instead of "INSPIRATION +1")
Writing utensils and paper ("INVESTIGATION" instead of [INVESTIGATION +1]

For all equipment items under the "special" field, if you hover over the text it turns blue as if it is parsed and you can roll but if you double-click on it you get either a script error or erros that say "you are mentally broken" or "you are physically broken".

Gwydion
May 22nd, 2022, 21:23
No rush at all but I did check this with two conditions and if I have an attribute and/or an attribute with a skill and combined they have a "2" value, I still get the error message in chat that I have too many conditions to make the roll. Even if I add modifiers it doesn't override the error. I believe that you can have up to three conditions (mental or physical) and still should be able to roll at least one die no matter your score in the attribute/skill. You don't become broken until you get the fourth condition in either mental or physical. Here is the rule I'm referring to:

No matter how many Conditions you have accumulated, you may always roll at least one die.

When you already have three Conditions of the same type and acquire a fourth one, you become Broken. This means that you are seriously injured, temporarily insane, or otherwise worn down. You may not perform any actions, physical or mental.

Thanks again! Hope to run a oneshot soon.

Valyar
May 23rd, 2022, 13:34
OK, the issue with the conditions vs. dice pool is identified - roll is not allowed and message is printed in the chat when you have 3 conditions of same type checked and your unmodified (i.e. attribute+skill) dice pool is 3. This is because each condition removes 1 die. We will fix this soon, it is logic update that will take some time to update and test.

The string in the equipment's Special field are fixed and now they should properly adjust the rolls.

The vagabond profile and the location of the talent links in the Archetypes library is fixed. Initially I checked only the reference manual, where things are ok.

Gwydion
May 23rd, 2022, 14:04
Thanks so much for the quick fixes! Very much appreciated.

Cailore
July 5th, 2022, 18:18
When I use the Mental Recovery button on the Action Tab, it rolls a Physical Recovery check, the tooltip text is correct though.

Valyar
July 5th, 2022, 20:27
When I use the Mental Recovery button on the Action Tab, it rolls a Physical Recovery check, the tooltip text is correct though.
But the function I call is not! I smash the bug now. :)

Atreides Ghola
July 20th, 2022, 17:46
Hello! Very nice implementation of Vaesen - I switched from Foundry VTT to FG for this.

A bug to report - if you try to use the Hunting Equipment, it throws the following error in the console:

When you use the Hunting Dog, for example, the correct choices are displayed in a dialogue box.
Thanks!

Valyar
July 21st, 2022, 05:43
Thank you, I am glad you are enjoying the ruleset! :)

Will squash this bug.

Valyar
July 21st, 2022, 07:15
Bug smashed and hotfix submitted.

Atreides Ghola
July 21st, 2022, 11:09
Bug smashed and hotfix submitted.

Awesome! Thanks for the fast response and fix!

Atreides Ghola
July 24th, 2022, 19:55
Found a new one. The link to the Oscar Hjort Revenant in story entry 1.1 The Revenant of Oscar Hjort leads to a blank image, not the NPC sheet. In fact, it appears that there's no vaesen sheet for him, just the revenant vaesen entry.

Valyar
July 24th, 2022, 20:53
Found a new one. The link to the Oscar Hjort Revenant in story entry 1.1 The Revenant of Oscar Hjort leads to a blank image, not the NPC sheet. In fact, it appears that there's no vaesen sheet for him, just the revenant vaesen entry.

Yes, there is no dedicated one for Oscar, as he is using the regular stat block. The link in the story article is leftover, will remove it.
There was image of a jolly skeleton that didn’t fit Oscar ;)

indavis
January 5th, 2023, 16:45
I don't have the physical book yet, so apologies if this is how the book is actually printed, but it looks like there is a typo in the Core Rulebook - Gamemaster Section - Reference Manual - Chapter 9 - "Gamemasater Techniques". I am guessing this should be Gamemaster, since the first sentence ".. exploring different Gamemaster techniques." and it's in the Gamemaster Section of the rulebook.

Gwydion
January 8th, 2023, 14:18
Just bought Seasons of Mystery and just cracked it open. I'll review more later but a few items I found:

A Dance with Death:
Handout 1A - Opens to a red questionmark square and no image
Handout 1C - Opens to a red questionmark square and no image
Handout 1D - Opens to a red questionmark square and no image
Handout 1E - Opens to a red questionmark square and no image

Thanks for getting this out so quickly. Can't wait to run them...

Valyar
January 8th, 2023, 16:15
Just bought Seasons of Mystery and just cracked it open. I'll review more later but a few items I found:

A Dance with Death:
Handout 1A - Opens to a red questionmark square and no image
Handout 1C - Opens to a red questionmark square and no image
Handout 1D - Opens to a red questionmark square and no image
Handout 1E - Opens to a red questionmark square and no image

Thanks for getting this out so quickly. Can't wait to run them...
Can you confirm that you have the images and all is proper in the Images library? Before that could you "reset" the module just in case, during QA there was some weird behavior related to this.

Gwydion
January 8th, 2023, 23:46
Can you confirm that you have the images and all is proper in the Images library? Before that could you "reset" the module just in case, during QA there was some weird behavior related to this.

In the images library the links to the images are there but there is no image. It still pulls up blank. I see the images in the reference manual itself though. I did revert changest to the module and didn't change anything.

indavis
January 9th, 2023, 05:37
I am seeing the same as Gwydion.

Valyar
January 9th, 2023, 06:57
I found the issue and hotfix was pushed.

Gwydion
January 9th, 2023, 11:47
I found the issue and hotfix was pushed.

Thank so much!

indavis
January 9th, 2023, 19:54
Valyar,
I can see the images now, but I still see what I reported before these comments, what I think is a misspelling in the core rulebook.
Thanks,
Isaac

Valyar
January 9th, 2023, 20:31
Valyar,
I can see the images now, but I still see what I reported before these comments, what I think is a misspelling in the core rulebook.
Thanks,
Isaac
Argh, forgot about that :) Will be resolved in the next scheduled patch to LIVE, as this is now subject for hotfix :)

Zarestia
September 4th, 2023, 19:13
After the latest CoreRPG Update last week, the character sheet content is now not aligning well. See images.

https://i.imgur.com/9q0t26Q.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iJFO47i.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zJC1Q2a.jpg

Moon Wizard
September 5th, 2023, 04:44
Thanks for the report. I'll get that updated with the other Tuesday updates.

Regards,
JPG

StickClip
October 5th, 2023, 04:25
I created a character, but I'm getting an error when I try to access the Actions tab. I'll attach the error. I've disabled all extensions. After the error is thrown once, it seems pretty random when it happens again.

(can't seem to attach image here)

Error is...
[ERROR] window: Control (label) anchoring to an undefined control (rightanchor) in windowclass (effectlistitem)
[ERROR] window: Control (label) anchoring to an undefined control (leftanchor) in windowclass (effectlistitem)

Moon Wizard
October 5th, 2023, 05:10
You can attach an image under Go Advanced options for now. Also, there is a Compile Logs button that will give the full output of the console window to let us track it back to any code that is causing issues.

Luckily, I was able to recreate quickly, and I just pushed a hot fix patch for Vaesen and Alien for this issue. Please run a new Check for Updates, and try again.

Regards,
JPG

StickClip
October 6th, 2023, 00:43
Yes it looks like you fixed fixed it - thanks for the speedy fix.

StickClip
October 6th, 2023, 01:40
Hey
I was creating more characters and noticed I was getting dbnode errors on some of the equipment.
Creating a vagabond, the walking stick threw an error...
file:///home/john/Downloads/vaesen%20walking%20stick%20error.png

And for the Occultist, the powdered horn...
file:///home/john/Downloads/vaesen%20powdered%20stags%20horn.png

Other than these minor things, the ruleset looks great. Am hoping for more Free League games on FG.

StickClip
October 6th, 2023, 01:50
(obviously still having trouble attaching images)
but error was...
Could not find dbNode:

Moon Wizard
October 6th, 2023, 17:38
You can attach image using the Go Advanced button when posting, then using the Manage Attachments button to upload images.

I'll have to escalate these items to the developers that worked on the FL rulesets. I just maintain the core systems, and help to make sure that the theming all works.

Regards,
JPG

StickClip
October 6th, 2023, 21:40
Hmmm thanks but not seeing the Manage Attachments.
Is that enough details for the missing equipment issue?

Moon Wizard
October 7th, 2023, 00:25
Yeah, I was able to recreate by poking around. I'm not familiar with the system, but luckily the character wizard was fairly easy to find what you were talking about. Pictures or steps to recreate and/or logs are always useful when troubleshooting.

Here's a couple pictures of where to find Go Advanced->Manage Attachments.

Thanks,
JPG

StickClip
October 9th, 2023, 14:47
Yeah, I was able to recreate by poking around. I'm not familiar with the system, but luckily the character wizard was fairly easy to find what you were talking about. Pictures or steps to recreate and/or logs are always useful when troubleshooting.

Here's a couple pictures of where to find Go Advanced->Manage Attachments.

Thanks,
JPG

Hi Moon Wizard,

I noticed a couple more things looking over the Silver of the Sea...

1) I can't seem to get the combat tracker to deal out initiative cards. When I click on Menu > Turn Order > Reset Turn order, nothing happens. I'll attach an image (note below). Also, there's times when you need to swap initiative order, or redraw, and I'm not sure how that should work.

2) Free League is adding a box for Capital to Vaesen character sheets. Can that get added to the Fantasy Ground's Veasen sheets? Here's info...
https://forum.frialigan.se/viewtopic.php?t=9115

So on attaching images here, I normally use linux mint, and google chrome browser doesn't show any of the options to attach images, or format text. When I go to a different laptop running windows, it does show up (but that's a little inconvenient because I run FG from linux).

Thanks!

Moon Wizard
October 9th, 2023, 18:41
I've forwarded to the DLC developers for the Vaesen ruleset, since all those things are specific to the game system behaviors.

Regards,
JPG

StickClip
October 9th, 2023, 20:58
I've forwarded to the DLC developers for the Vaesen ruleset, since all those things are specific to the game system behaviors.

Regards,
JPG

much appreciated!

StickClip
October 12th, 2023, 16:02
I'm noticing a couple of more issues. Both with NPC character sheets...

1) You can not drag talents or skill to NPCs.

2) The Silver of the Sea has an NPC without commas between the skills, making them unusable.

I'll attach images. Any word back on the initiative card issue? That pretty much makes Vaesen unplayable unless I'm missing something.

Thanks!

Moon Wizard
October 12th, 2023, 16:08
I heard back from the DLC developers that they were planning to look at this week; but have not heard anything further yet.

Regards,
JPG

Gwydion
October 12th, 2023, 18:00
Hi Moon Wizard,

I noticed a couple more things looking over the Silver of the Sea...

1) I can't seem to get the combat tracker to deal out initiative cards. When I click on Menu > Turn Order > Reset Turn order, nothing happens. I'll attach an image (note below). Also, there's times when you need to swap initiative order, or redraw, and I'm not sure how that should work.

2) Free League is adding a box for Capital to Vaesen character sheets. Can that get added to the Fantasy Ground's Veasen sheets? Here's info...
https://forum.frialigan.se/viewtopic.php?t=9115

So on attaching images here, I normally use linux mint, and google chrome browser doesn't show any of the options to attach images, or format text. When I go to a different laptop running windows, it does show up (but that's a little inconvenient because I run FG from linux).

Thanks!

Just FYI, I think the reset turn order only resets non-friendlies. It works fine for me. I just need to "roll initiative" again for the players.

StickClip
October 14th, 2023, 17:15
Just FYI, I think the reset turn order only resets non-friendlies. It works fine for me. I just need to "roll initiative" again for the players.

Thanks. I hadn't noticed the Initiative button on the PC sheets, and was expecting the reset to work on everyone. Makes sense players would want to roll that themselves.

StickClip
October 14th, 2023, 17:17
Please scratch #1 - appears to be working fine

spoofer
November 24th, 2023, 23:58
Bug Report. The ruleset GM records contain two different NPC records, called Vaesen, and NPC. Only the NPC type can be added to new encounters; trying to add a Vaesen generates to following warning message in the chat window: Only records from campaign record lists can be added to encounters.

Moon Wizard
November 26th, 2023, 19:24
This is fixed in the beta Test channel for the Vaesen ruleset. The fix will be available once this goes Live in mid-late December.

Regards,
JPG

StickClip
November 27th, 2023, 22:45
I am noticing you can equip an NPC with 'Kick or Punch', but when you try to use it, it gives an error..

ERROR: Can't roll any attack with Kick or Punch

Moon Wizard
November 28th, 2023, 23:48
I've pushed an update to the beta Test channel that recognizes the "UA" attack type for NPC equipment.

It looks like you still need to specify Physique and/or Force to have it roll any dice. Not familiar with the system, but I think that is working in beta.

Regards,
JPG

StickClip
December 5th, 2023, 05:01
Hi Moon Wizard,

I just checked in dev, and the unarmed attach seems to be working fine now.
I'm running my first game this Saturday - fingers crossed it can make it to prod.
Thanks

StickClip
December 5th, 2023, 05:08
When you make a Parry on the character sheet, it always uses Force.

It should be using Close Combat for armed parries, and Force for unarmed parries.

Could we either get..
1) two separate Parry buttons, one for Armed and another for Unarmed
2) have the sheet be smart enough to toggle between the Force/Close Combat parries, depending if a melee weapon is active
?

Thanks

Moon Wizard
December 5th, 2023, 06:57
I have no idea how the system works at that level, so I'll have to wait for the ruleset developers to come back.

Regards,
JPG

spoofer
December 8th, 2023, 23:59
The Dance of Dreams mystery is missing the main NPC, Oscar Hjort, described on page 209 of main rulebook. According to the description, several abilities are defined as per page 119 of the rulebook. Since the PCs confront this opponent in combat, this NPC's information should be in FG as an NPC record.

Valyar
January 2nd, 2024, 21:01
Hi all,

Quick report on what is going to be pushed shortly:
- Missing/Incorrect entries for NPCs in modules reported will be fixed
- Capital will be added to the PC Sheet

The parry enhancements from the combat tracker will take some time.

In addition - Attributes/Skills fields on NPC sheets are not designed for drag & drop, but copy and paste as we are parsing the content.

Myrddin
January 2nd, 2024, 22:16
Typo: the module name of A Wicked Secret appears as A Wicket Secret throughout the module content

demoniodojo
January 5th, 2024, 02:59
Hi!
I just found a couple of missing links. In the Dance of Dreams section both the link to Oscar Hjort and the link to the The Crypt in The Aftermath are pointing to empty images.

Valyar
January 5th, 2024, 09:03
OK folks, all reported issues and enhancements requested so far are implemented.

StickClip
January 7th, 2024, 05:52
no problem on parry
unarmed attacks work fine now - thanks!

StickClip
January 11th, 2024, 06:21
Thanks for the fixes earlier this year.
I was checking out the combat tracker, and I'm seeing a few issues I believe. Had a couple of questions too.

1) Vaesen can not parry
When there's pending damage going to a Vaesen, and I select Block from the attack resolution, FG doesn't roll for the Vaesen. It always says it
s a failure. It should be rolling their Body Control according to the rules.
Also, what do the Block (U) and Block (M) stand for?
Is the plan to have both of these on the character sheets too?

2) Stress Foe throws an error when stressing an animal
The other way around seems to work fine (animal can stress PC)
Don't call PETA on me (-:

3) Blocks seem to be ignored by attack resolution.
If an actor has a single success, and that is blocked, the damage can still be applied. Is the gm just supposed to cancel the attack resolution in that case? Does the automation use blocks at all?

thanks!

Valyar
January 13th, 2024, 07:32
Block (U) and Block (M) were recently introduced and is used to Block via Force (Unarmed) or Close Combat (Melee). Originally we had block via Close Combat only.

Animal does not have mental toughness according to their stat blocks, just physical toughness according to my interpretation from the block on p.168.

Vaesens are not fully automated, this part probably is manually handled, but I have to check the code next week and see what is implemented and what not. Stay tuned.

StickClip
January 16th, 2024, 17:33
Thanks for the info Valyar.

For Block U/M can we get Block M on the character sheets? More fun if the players roll it themselves I'd think.

I was thinking Animals were more like Vaesen, where their one stat combined mental and physical toughness (but I could be wrong here.) I could see PCs yelling at an animal trying to shoo it away.

Cool am curious on the blocks.

take care

StickClip
February 2nd, 2024, 03:13
I'm seeing a bug on the Actions on the character sheets during combat....

Drop Item, Push/Reposition & Knock Down/Pin

...all give me runtime errors when selected..

ERROR: Invalid stuntType <stuntname> for skill nil.

I'll attach examples.

Simpe
February 5th, 2024, 06:04

I'll attach examples.

Hey,

We're now looking into this issue and we're trying to get the bug fixed asap.

Thanks,
Simon

StickClip
February 12th, 2024, 02:28
Thanks Simon. I'm hearing good feedback from players on the FG implementation of Vaesen.

I noticed a couple of more things....

A - Defects/Insights always active
When you give a player a Defect or Insight on the character sheet, its always active and adjusts die rolls. Since they should only fire once per session, I was hoping the check-boxes below would toggle them off, but the check-boxes don't seem to do anything.

B - Can not adjust success
When I adjust a combat roll on the dice tray, and then drag it onto the combat tracker, it throws a runtime error (attached). I thought it would adjust the number of successes.

C - NPC vs PC conditions
I think character's PC/MC score are showing one value too high on the combat tracker. Also it'd help if the tracker showed zeros for PC/MC.
Here's my reasoning. Let's say a NPC has a physical toughness of 1. They can take one point of physical damage and not be broken but two points breaks them. The combat tracker is confusing, because after a point of damage, it show a PC of 'blank' even though the NPC isn't broken. Also showing zero instead of blank would be more clear think. (-1 showing broken would be ideal.)
For player characters, the combat tracker shows a PC/MC of 4, but they become broken on the 4th point of damage. To stay consistent with NPCs, I'd think it'd make more sense to show that they have 3 PC and MC when uninjured.

D - Generate on story templates
Definitely not a bug, but wanted to check, would it be possible to change the Generate button on story templates so it could be dragged to a hotkey?

Thanks!

StickClip
February 17th, 2024, 05:20
Hi
I found an additional bug..

NPCs that have taken damage are not getting penalties on their skill rolls.
In the attached example, Jensine has taken 2 physical damage (she started with 4 physical toughness and is down to 2). On her attack roll she got her full 12, instead of 12-2 dice.

thanks

StickClip
February 17th, 2024, 05:27
getting an error trying to upload the image but easy to reproduce. Just damage an npc and have them make any skill roll.

Valyar
March 2nd, 2024, 13:07
Thanks Simon. I'm hearing good feedback from players on the FG implementation of Vaesen.

I noticed a couple of more things....

A - Defects/Insights always active
When you give a player a Defect or Insight on the character sheet, its always active and adjusts die rolls. Since they should only fire once per session, I was hoping the check-boxes below would toggle them off, but the check-boxes don't seem to do anything.

B - Can not adjust success
When I adjust a combat roll on the dice tray, and then drag it onto the combat tracker, it throws a runtime error (attached). I thought it would adjust the number of successes.

C - NPC vs PC conditions
I think character's PC/MC score are showing one value too high on the combat tracker. Also it'd help if the tracker showed zeros for PC/MC.
Here's my reasoning. Let's say a NPC has a physical toughness of 1. They can take one point of physical damage and not be broken but two points breaks them. The combat tracker is confusing, because after a point of damage, it show a PC of 'blank' even though the NPC isn't broken. Also showing zero instead of blank would be more clear think. (-1 showing broken would be ideal.)
For player characters, the combat tracker shows a PC/MC of 4, but they become broken on the 4th point of damage. To stay consistent with NPCs, I'd think it'd make more sense to show that they have 3 PC and MC when uninjured.

D - Generate on story templates
Definitely not a bug, but wanted to check, would it be possible to change the Generate button on story templates so it could be dragged to a hotkey?

Thanks!

On A
I presume you are talking about the Insight & Defects box on the Action tab of character sheet? If yes, the idea behind this is the following: The box is parsed each time a roll is made and if you are following the naming convention for roll modifier as outlined in the ruleset manual, the modifier will be automatically applied. The intention is to have some other way to apply temporary or permanent effect than keeping PCs in the Combat Tracker all the time.

if you don't wane Insight/Defect to be applied all the time, but the player to know what the MOD is, just remove the [] and it won't be parsed.

It is not checkbox because then players cannot come up with custom conditions and etc. or make notes as they want. In the first release it was just text field as note, but it was later enhanced based on customer requests to support automation.

On B
I am not sure what you mean, could you explain what you do step by step? I don't think adjustments in chat and then drag to CT are supported at all.

On C
The CT shows the max condition you can have before being out of commission. :) If we show 3 instead of 4, when you deplete the 3 you will report 0, and some might think the character is broken, while they can still operate. I prefer to have the broken also part of the calculation, which is aligned with the way NPCs are displayed.

On D
This is enhancement that should be done in the CoreRPG ruleset, not ours.

Hi
I found an additional bug..

NPCs that have taken damage are not getting penalties on their skill rolls.
In the attached example, Jensine has taken 2 physical damage (she started with 4 physical toughness and is down to 2). On her attack roll she got her full 12, instead of 12-2 dice.

thanks
It is not strictly speaking a bug, but not implemented automation due to the fact that NPCs/Animals are mostly having 1 physical or mental toughness and the framework to track this in CT was lower on priorities compared to the Vaesen category framework (because NPC cards should not be used to track stats, this is what combat tracker is for). It is somewhere in the backlog and if there are more Vaesen products coming up in future (or sufficient time for this) we might look in that. The global desktop modifiers should serve this well.

Valyar
March 2nd, 2024, 13:38

I'll attach examples.

This is fixed and will be available in the next release of the ruleset, that will match the FGU release.
I also found other minor issues as non-displaying tooltips and invalid codes submitted for stunts. Thanks for the report.

veerminar
March 13th, 2024, 17:38
Hello,

I think there is a problem with Vaesen's sheet, there is no "Identified":

Thanks

Moon Wizard
March 14th, 2024, 08:04
The Vaesen developers specifically disabled NPC identification in their implementation; so that's by design as far as I'm aware. Valyar and Simpe did the development on the Free League product DLC.

Regards,
JPG

veerminar
March 15th, 2024, 07:35
Ok, thanks.