PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of Drinax and more

MadBeardMan
January 13th, 2021, 22:14
Folks,

I've almost completed Pirates of Drinax, just needs me to triple check things with Books 1 and 2.

Then all that's required is to create the adventure modules for the adventures in Book 1, now the question, would you like these as separate module files all linked from a master, so you only need to lead the adventure you're running, or do you want all of them (and that's a lot of story entries) in 1 module?

Also I'll be converting all the associated Patron books, of which there are 6 and the 2 support books, though these will take extra time to come through the FG process. Now I can ask them to hold off until all are done so all are available at the same time, or are you happy for PoD Books 1-3 first and the others some weeks/months later. Note the Patron books expand the 'adventure suggestions' mentioned in the section on how to expand the campaign.

Support Books for PoD:

PoD: Torpol Cluster
PoD: Theev Cluster
PoD: Ship Encounters
PoD: Harrier class Commerce Raider

Patron Books for PoD:

PoD: Gods of Marduk
PoD: Revolution on Acrid
PoD: Friends in Dry Places
PoD: The Cordan Conflict
PoD: Liberty Port
PoD: Lions of Thebus

Also note that The Great Rift has also been finished, just waiting on FG before I can submit it.

Ruleset v1.2.1 is coming along nicely, more on that next week as I'll be finishing it up next week and more Spacecraft bits.

Cheers,
MBM

GregRex
January 13th, 2021, 23:06
I vote for separate modules to load for each adventure. That way I don't have to commit resources for something if I end up only incorporating one adventure into my ongoing campaign.

Thanks for the update!

Xargun
January 14th, 2021, 01:47
I would also vote separate modules - just makes organizing things easier.

Xargun

JohnQPublic
January 14th, 2021, 03:29
Separate. The closer it can be to the physical version, the better.

Ramid
January 14th, 2021, 12:39
Separate and i would be fine with getting books 1-3 first and the rest once ready.

ianmward
January 14th, 2021, 21:25
Separate would be best, and drip feed through the books as and when ready... that way we can drip feed you money too :-)

MadBeardMan
January 14th, 2021, 23:11
Separate would be best, and drip feed through the books as and when ready... that way we can drip feed you money too :-)

Hi Chap,

Yes, separate is the way to go, as for the others, they are lunchtime books I think in the coming weeks. Hope you're staying safe in Oz, and how is HOTOE getting on between you and Damned, I'd like to run it later in the year.

Cheers,
MBM

adzling
January 25th, 2021, 18:36
super excited for this as we are about to start PoD, can't come soon enough ;-)

would prefer the 4 core PoD books (Campaign, Trojan Reach, Ships of the Reach, TPOD supplement-Harrier Class Raider) and the Drinaxian Companion before the Patron Encounters ;-)

cheers!

MadBeardMan
January 26th, 2021, 19:52
super excited for this as we are about to start PoD, can't come soon enough ;-)

would prefer the 4 core PoD books (Campaign, Trojan Reach, Ships of the Reach, TPOD supplement-Harrier Class Raider) and the Drinaxian Companion before the Patron Encounters ;-)

cheers!

Well it's all done, just need to get the time to package it all and check everything works fine, I'm going to do some ruleset work to allow Ship Encounters/Battles to be setup.

As for the patrons, each one takes just a few hours so I do them around other work, but Drixanian Companion, it's being started next week. I requested all the art today from Mongoose and should have that tomorrow.

Enjoy playing PoD, it's just awesome!

Cheers,
MBM

adzling
January 27th, 2021, 15:40
woot!

MadBeardMan
January 29th, 2021, 10:42
Folks,

I've read through the Drinaxian Companion now. A chunk of it, approx 60 pages are the Patron Encounters/Harrier extras that were made available during the Drinax Kickstarter. So if you buy the Drinaxian Companion you won't need the patrons, it also means the patrons work I've done during lunch hours here and there will be used in this as well, saving me time and thus saving you money.

Cheers,
MBM

Ramid
January 29th, 2021, 12:23
Brilliant :) look forward to it