PDA

View Full Version : Sorry folks, me again (Art Sub question)

xTheCanadian
January 13th, 2021, 09:15
Hello again, I'm sure you're getting tired of my silly questions so I'd like to thank you ahead of time for having patience with me.

I just subscribed to the bundle that gives all the maps and stuff and I am just curious if I am supposed to see each map pack that's listed here? Like, are they each supposed to be activated separately? When I clicked "Check for updates" it found a bunch of new stuff but when I went into my game there were only 4 new modules, not the 21 listed on the page. I'm worried I am doing something wrong because the last time I checked for updates (Before the purchase) it found ~29 ish purchases (Forget the exact number) but this time it found 52 so I know I have the stuff I'm just not sure where to find it.

Also, the artwork I've seen so far is absolutely stellar! If anyone is reading this and wondering "Should I get the art sub" or "Should I buy the art" the answer from me would be a resounding YES!

On a side note, I tried to recycle my other thread further down but I couldn't edit the title to show I had a new question... sorry for cluttering up the forum...

Trenloe
January 13th, 2021, 09:24
Anything of the artwork/map packs that is tagged for FGU (and not FGC as well) will be available through the "Assets" window. If anything is tagged as both FGU and FGC, then it will also show in the module activation window (although you don't need to activate it to use the resources via "Assets"); this is because FGC doesn't have the asset functionality and the module needs to be opened to access the images in FGC.

xTheCanadian
January 13th, 2021, 09:30
Oh, Great! I have FGU and the Assets button is one of my favorites!

Recently I learned I can put two maps together to make a big map and my mind literally exploded with so many ideas that I had to pause the session. It was literally a "Mind blown" moment when I realized I could drop a map from assets into my map and it would still have the LOS features.

Thanks again, Trenloe! You're awesome bud!

LordEntrails
January 13th, 2021, 18:14
Thanks again, Trenloe! You're awesome bud!
If you haven't noticed yet, Trenloe is actually a computer AI bent on world domination. His first task is to become incredibly respected by being the most helpful 'user' on the forums here. After that he will move onto the rest of the Internet. Once he is dominant over the world, he will be able to enforce his will upon us all!

fubeca150
January 13th, 2021, 20:47
If you haven't noticed yet, Trenloe is actually a computer AI bent on world domination. His first task is to become incredibly respected by being the most helpful 'user' on the forums here. After that he will move onto the rest of the Internet. Once he is dominant over the world, he will be able to enforce his will upon us all!

Hmm.. I think I'd like that based one what I've seen so far. :)

xTheCanadian
January 14th, 2021, 08:56
I'm just glad that when I need to ask for help I don't get told "Lol everybody knows such and such" or "Use the forums search feature" of "Here, let me google that for you." or "Oh my god, if you can't do THAT this software isn't for you." or any of that other elitist attitude you find on sites that cater to a niche market. I have seen nothing but friendly people on this site and that's the main reason I went with Fantasy grounds. Not only that when I did ask for help I got the help I needed very fast (Within minutes usually...)

Trenloe, all you other badasses at Fantasy Grounds forums, keep on keeping on! You guys are awesome!