PDA

View Full Version : Snap to grid legitimately not working

Shanks
January 11th, 2021, 18:45
I am having an issue with snap to grid not working.

I have searched for answers to this, and seen all the usual advice, but it always amounts to misunderstanding; so to clarify:

I have added a grid overlay in FG to the map image

I have snap to grid enabled.

I am not referring to tokens snapping to the corners, or midpoints between two squares but actually, anywhere I place it with no snapping occurring.

I have tried with PCs and NPCs, from the combat tracker and straight from the character sheets etc, always the same result.

The only extensions I have enabled are improved critical and enhanced images but I am doing everything on the top layer.

please help

Resolved, it turns out it was a misunderstanding lol

thanks for the effort.

Zacchaeus
January 11th, 2021, 18:48
Try without extensions.

I don't know what Critically Awesome is but it might not get along with the layers extension and vice versa.

Shanks
January 11th, 2021, 18:52
I'll give it a shot, but it is supposedly compatible since they are both included in the combat enhancer I believe.

Shanks
January 11th, 2021, 18:58
Sorry, I'm officially an idiot and misunderstood the snap to grid on/off button. When it says on, it is saying hit the button to turn it on. So it was just off....

Trenloe
January 11th, 2021, 19:39
I'll give it a shot, but it is supposedly compatible since they are both included in the combat enhancer I believe.
I wouldn't make assumptions like this unless the specific extensions themselves have been tested and compatibility confirmed by the relevant developers. If a developer uses code from other extensions in their own extension, they could well have had to make changes to the code in order for them to work together.

In this case I'm glad that these extensions weren't clashing to cause your issue. But it's always a good approach to temporarily disable extensions from your campaign when you experience issues.

Shanks
January 11th, 2021, 20:40
I wouldn't make assumptions like this unless the specific extensions themselves have been tested and compatibility confirmed by the relevant developers. If a developer uses code from other extensions in their own extension, they could well have had to make changes to the code in order for them to work together.

In this case I'm glad that these extensions weren't clashing to cause your issue. But it's always a good approach to temporarily disable extensions from your campaign when you experience issues.

thank you for the advice, I'll keep that in mind.