PDA

View Full Version : Possible to selectively update modules?

gorman42
January 11th, 2021, 17:21
Hi! I have bought several modules and rulesets, from Steam.

As such, the update process takes quite a long time. I was wondering if there was a way to just have FG install locally a portion of what I actually own, so that when I invoke an update it doesn't check *everything* I own but just what I am using at any given moment.

Thank you.

Trenloe
January 11th, 2021, 17:28
This can't be done. It would potentially lead to users not having the most current version of some products, which could lead to issues.

gorman42
January 13th, 2021, 21:39
This can't be done. It would potentially lead to users not having the most current version of some products, which could lead to issues.
Well... it could be argued that at least that would be down to user decisions. The way this is handled right now forces me to wait a good fifteen minutes every time I need/want to update modules, even if I'm gonna use a small portion of them.

So I hope this can't be done *currently* and that an option to choose what one wants to have installed and updated is given. Even just for not wasting space on stuff one is not using at any given time.

LordEntrails
January 14th, 2021, 00:57
Well... it could be argued that at least that would be down to user decisions. The way this is handled right now forces me to wait a good fifteen minutes every time I need/want to update modules, even if I'm gonna use a small portion of them.

So I hope this can't be done *currently* and that an option to choose what one wants to have installed and updated is given. Even just for not wasting space on stuff one is not using at any given time.
As a company, they have to decide if the user choice such an option would offset the number of support tickets they would have to handle for folks who don't use the option correctly. Plus, the more options, the more resources it takes to enhance/add features, to test, and to troubleshoot when their are problems.

But, SmiteWorks is always open to feedback, you can always suggest improvements via the Help > Support link above.