PDA

View Full Version : Wrath of the Righteous release schedule

Hammer_of_Justice
January 11th, 2021, 13:59
Hello there,

I have a quick question about Smiteworks release schedule. Me and my Group would love to play "Wrath of the Righteous" for Pathfinder 1E. I've spottet the AP in the store, but so far only the first book has been implemented in FG. I checked the release dates on other APs and regularly those get a complete release in a couple of weeks or sometimes all in one day. The release of "Wrath of the Righteous 1" was in September 2020 and so far no followup release is to be found. I guess due to the situation in the US and the world, there will be obstacles in the release plan. I just want to make sure, if there is continual work on this AP, so that we get followup releases in a reasonable amount of time. We will probably be stuck with book 1 for a couple of weeks, maybe even months, so there is no real rush.

Regards

HoJ

sciencephile
January 12th, 2021, 07:42
Hi Hammer_of_Justice, welcome to the forum and thanks for the inquiry.

I developed the first Wrath of the Righteous for Fantasy Grounds. Unfortunately, the rest of the modules are highly dependent on an army builder/management system, which Pathfinder doesn't have. As a minimum, an extension would need to be created to manage the army builder/management aspects of APs 2-6 of that adventure path. I have that on my list of to-do's but I am currently working on another priority project and I don't expect to get an extension build for a few months, perhaps around (it's number two on my list).

It's not abandoned, don't worry - just on hold for 3-4 months until I can get an extension built to handle the army management.

-Danny

Hammer_of_Justice
January 12th, 2021, 11:17
Hi,

thanks for the quick reply. We will then begin to play. If you need beta feedback for the followup content or the script, let me know. I think I can lend a hand.

Regards

HoJ

sciencephile
March 30th, 2021, 06:59
Hi Hammer,

I am working on AP 2 now. Should take me about a week. However, it takes about 4-6 weeks for a new module to hit the FG store. There are both internal reviews and approvals by the original publisher that has to happen. Plus other content is in the queue generally. So I would estimate that AP 2 should be out in early May, give or take.

I was convinced in another thread that an extension isn't strictly necessary to move forward.

Just a FYI to help you gauge when you should see the next chapter of the story.

Danny

sciencephile
April 20th, 2021, 17:59
Hi Hammer_of_Justice (and others waiting on this AP),

I just saw that Wrath of the Righteous AP 2 just hit the Fantasy Grounds store today. It went super fast through the process and came out earlier than I had estimated.

As a FYI, I have already begun working on AP 3 the other day so the break between 2 to 3, 3 to 4, etc. shouldn't be as long as it was between AP 1 to AP 2.

Cheers,
Danny

Hexick
November 16th, 2021, 21:07
Hey!

Sorry to awaken the dead thread.

But along the same lines here;
I plan to start running WOTR for my party and I see you guys have parts 1-4 up and that's awesome.

I was just curious if anyone has a projected release schedule for the last 2 parts.

sciencephile
November 16th, 2021, 21:35
Hey!

Sorry to awaken the dead thread.

But along the same lines here;
I plan to start running WOTR for my party and I see you guys have parts 1-4 up and that's awesome.

I was just curious if anyone has a projected release schedule for the last 2 parts.

Hi Hexick,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm the FG Developer for this product line and I have already finished AP 5. It is currently in review and will likely release within a month. AP 6 should be done and in for review before the end of the year

-Danny

Hammer_of_Justice
November 17th, 2021, 07:29
Thank you very much btw. My people are enjoying the AP. :)

Moonunit921
November 26th, 2021, 20:03
Do these mods include Mythic Power Surge dice? i.e. roll a d6 and add to the result of a d20 roll or does it have to be done manually? What about other mythic rules addons?

Moon Wizard
November 26th, 2021, 20:15
As far as I know, these modules do not come with an extension to modify the behavior of the base system; so I would guess it would need to be done manually.

Regards,
JPG

sciencephile
November 26th, 2021, 20:59
Correct. There are no extensions included. As Moon Wizard stated, they are done manually.

cornark
December 13th, 2021, 07:47
is there a release date for AP 5?

sciencephile
December 13th, 2021, 15:28
is there a release date for AP 5?

Hi cornark,

Welcome to the forum.

As the developer, I received notice from SmiteWorks that it went into "final review" state a couple of weeks ago. So it should be real soon (hopefully within a week or so).

As a FYI, I also finished AP 6 of the series and turned it in last week. Therefore, it should be available for sale in about a month, give or take a couple of weeks.

-Danny

cornark
December 14th, 2021, 06:20
Thanks, we are about to finish AP 4 this week. And we enjoy the work you have done.

sciencephile
January 11th, 2022, 16:12
FYI... to those who started or were watching this thread, wondering if/when the rest of the series would be completed... The last chapter of Wrath of the Righteous (AP 6) is now LIVE and all 6 modules are now available in the Fantasy Grounds store.

CULTxicycalm
January 17th, 2022, 14:39
Congratulations! Any plans for more AP chapters?

sciencephile
January 17th, 2022, 20:14
Congratulations! Any plans for more AP chapters?

Hi CULTxicycalm,

Wrath of the Righteous, like all Pathfinder 1e adventure paths only has 6 parts/chapters/modules. AP 6 is the end of the official story.

CULTxicycalm
January 17th, 2022, 20:19
I know :) I am just asking for more APs. There are several that are half-finished, and there are a bunch we don't have at all. I'd particularly like Council of Thieves.

sciencephile
January 17th, 2022, 20:30
Do you have a list of the half-finished ones? Maybe I can help see where they are in the development.

I do know that I have developed about half of the Pathfinder 1e adventure paths and all of the ones that I developed are complete.

As far as the first 5 Paizo adventure paths, they were officially created for D&D 3.5 and came out before Pathfinder was created.

* Rise of the Runelords
* Curse of the Crimson Throne
* Second Darkness
* Legacy of Fire
* Council of Thieves

However, Paizo re-released a special version of Rise of the Runelords and Curse of the Crimson Throne re-written under PFRPG rules, which we could develop for Pathfinder at that point.

Second Darkness, Legacy of Fire, and Council of Thieves was never re-written for PRRPG rules and therefore is only has the D&D 3.5 rules.

CULTxicycalm
January 17th, 2022, 21:48
Council of Thieves was the first AP to be published on the new PFRPG rules. Both the "Core Rulebook" and the first part of Council of Thieves were released in August 2009.

But what is the problem anyway with converting the two remaining 3.5E APs? The ruleset is OGL, right?

As for the half-finished conversions, Giantslayer is still missing the last two parts, Skull & Shackles is missing the last part, and Shattered Star is missing the last five parts.

Meanwhile Serpent's Skull, Jade Regent, Hell's Vengeance and Ironfang Invasion haven't had anything converted.

That is a complete list of the PF1 APs that Fantasy Grounds is lacking (in addition of course to Second Darkness and Legacy of Fire, which as you pointed out are 3.5E), and I would be eternally grateful to you if you can work on some of them. In my opinion, the half-finished ones should take precedence, as long as there's no other developer working at them currently.

And then of course I'd also like all the standalone adventures and Society scenarios converted :) But the APs should certainly take precedence.

Let me also say how grateful to you I and my 17 players are. I have four groups running four separate APs in one giant overworld right now (Rise of the Runelords, Curse of the Crimson Throne, Ruins of Azlant and War for the Crown), and you probably developed at least half of them. My entire multigroup overworld project would have been basically impossible without your work because I don't have the time to convert four separate APs myself while also running the campaigns. Every week I thank Aroden that you and a handful of other developers, and of course Doug above all, had the foresight and patience to grind through all the work necessary to make Fantasy Grounds the best VTT ever. Cheers, guys.

sciencephile
January 17th, 2022, 21:57
Council of Thieves was the first AP to be published on the new PFRPG rules. Both the "Core Rulebook" and the first part of Council of Thieves were released in August 2009.

But what is the problem anyway with converting the two remaining 3.5E APs? The ruleset is OGL, right?

As for the half-finished conversions, Giantslayer is still missing the last two parts, Skull & Shackles is missing the last part, and Shattered Star is missing the last five parts.

Meanwhile Serpent's Skull, Jade Regent, Hell's Vengeance and Ironfang Invasion haven't had anything converted.

That is a complete list of the PF1 APs that Fantasy Grounds is lacking (in addition of course to Second Darkness and Legacy of Fire, which as you pointed out are 3.5E), and I would be eternally grateful to you if you can work on some of them. In my opinion, the half-finished ones should take precedence, as long as there's no other developer working at them currently.

And then of course I'd also like all the standalone adventures and Society scenarios converted :) But the APs should certainly take precedence.

Let me also say how grateful to you I and my 17 players are. I have four groups running four separate APs in one giant overworld right now (Rise of the Runelords, Curse of the Crimson Throne, Ruins of Azlant and War for the Crown), and you probably developed at least half of them. My entire multigroup overworld project would have been basically impossible without your work because I don't have the time to convert four separate APs myself while also running the campaigns. Every week I thank Aroden that you and a handful of other developers, and of course Doug above all, had the foresight and patience to grind through all the work necessary to make Fantasy Grounds the best VTT ever. Cheers, guys.

Thanks for the list. Let me make some inquiries.

Oh, and you're right about Council of Thieves. I was mistaken about that one being 3.5. I guess that only leaves Second Darkness and Legacy of Fire. I don't think there is a problem converting them necessarily. It is just that they would have to be converted to D&D 3.5, instead of PFRPG. In order to be PFRPG, they would have to undergo some level of rules conversion with judgement calls being made for NPC abilities and stats in some cases. I'm not sure how that works for officially licensed materials.

-Danny

CULTxicycalm
January 17th, 2022, 23:11
I actually want the 3.5E ones for 3.5E. I don't want them converted to PF1.

Looking forward to news from your inquiries!

sciencephile
January 18th, 2022, 21:57
I actually want the 3.5E ones for 3.5E. I don't want them converted to PF1.

Looking forward to news from your inquiries!

I'm still checking on the two D&D 3.5E adventure paths (Second Darkness and Legacy of Fire), but I have been told that the other ones had a developer assigned somewhat recently and they are working through the development of these modules. It may take a little while for them to be developed but they are indeed being worked on.

When I find out about the two 3.5E adventure paths, I will send another update.

-Danny

CULTxicycalm
January 18th, 2022, 22:08
ALL the other ones are assigned? That's great news!

sciencephile
January 18th, 2022, 22:59
ALL the other ones are assigned? That's great news!

Yes, however I also just got news about Legacy of Fire and Second Darkness. I was told that we cannot develop those officially. It has something to do with Paizo copyright issues due it being 3.5E. Unfortunately, I can't give any more details as I'm just being a middle person here. I'm one of the module developers that creates these things for SmiteWorks and not really privy to all the legal and business decisions.

Still... all the others coming so it's mostly good news :)

CULTxicycalm
January 18th, 2022, 23:44
Yeah, I am not complaining. I was dubious that the others were coming, so I am elated now. 22/24 is not a bad score at all! And then we have all of PF2 and SF and 5E. Fantasy Grounds is decades ahead of every other competitor at this rate.

sciencephile
January 18th, 2022, 23:53
Yeah. I'm glad too. To be honest, I was hoping so. I was willing to do them myself to make sure they got done (as I care about the products being out there for folks). Though, I was a bit relieved to find that a developer was assigned as I do a lot of Pathfinder 2 development these days. I also do the occasional 5E product so while willing to take one for the team, I'm glad they have someone else dedicated to them. I was wondering how I would squeeze them into my schedule :)

hunz
January 28th, 2022, 22:49
I want to thank you for putting WotR out. They are great modules. Your efforts are appreciated.

Thank you kindly