PDA

View Full Version : Items in FGU

Farifax
January 10th, 2021, 19:26
I bought some modules on DMs Guild and now I need help organize my Items.
Is it possible to delete categories in Type and Rarity and how?
Some writers made the mistake to write their items in a less than optimal way and now I need to clean up.
Nothing happens when I click on the magnifying glass to the left of Type or Rarity.
Hope someone know how to do it.

LordEntrails
January 10th, 2021, 23:34
Categories get added to the filters based upon what you have loaded. So in short, one of those modules you bought and loaded is using non-standard categories so FG is displaying them for you.

Within a single campaign, you can edit the module items that are in those categories. Or, since it's a DMsG module, it's not encrypted, so you could go in and edit the xml of the module itself and re-categorize those items there.

Edit: Welcome!

Farifax
January 11th, 2021, 21:15
I found that categories gets created just by writing a new one in an Item. I did that myself to test it and now I can't delete my own creation. This is less than optimal, because a simple misspelling can never be undone.
The modules that made this issue is "Creature Components - Vol 1" and "Creature Components Tome of Beasts", but the strange thing is that I can't find them on my DMsG Library or their module in my Modules folder, so it's impossible for me to edit the xml file.
I know a guy named Gwydion on this Forum made "Creature Components Tome of Beasts", but I can't figure out who made "Creature Components - Vol 1".
How do I find this Gwydion?

Zacchaeus
January 11th, 2021, 21:36
Your best bet is to make a post on the DMsGuild in the comments section below the product.

Farifax
January 11th, 2021, 21:40
I searched for both products, but I could not find them. Strange. Is it possible that they have been removed?

Zacchaeus
January 11th, 2021, 22:06
Possibly; I can't find them either. Gwydion is here with the same username so you could maybe PM him.

LordEntrails
January 12th, 2021, 02:23
Next time you load your campaign, FG will re-calculate the categories and remove those no longer relevant. It's not done real-time.