PDA

View Full Version : Effect instantly making damage on target but with custom colored die?

masterqgj
January 9th, 2021, 18:53
Hello,

i'm wondering if it is possible, to create an effect, that does damage to the target within an instant, but with colored die? Something like:

"DMG: 4d6 + 4g6 radiant"

I tried this one in several different ways but it just does not do any damage to the target at all (neither after "one round", nor instantly or later). Is this possibly at all?

Again my thanks!

Zacchaeus
January 9th, 2021, 19:53
You can't use the colours in a dice string. Those are added to the chat depending on what the dice is. Green (g) for example is a critical dice. So you could, in your example, have an effect of DMG: 4d6, radiant and when you apply it hold SHIFT to make the roll critical damage and the critical dice will show in green.

masterqgj
January 9th, 2021, 19:55
Yea, but i was trying to visually differenciate the colors for the base cast and higher level cast (or to give another example: blue die for electrical damage, red die for fire and so on). So that's not working :( sad.

Thank you

Zacchaeus
January 9th, 2021, 21:05
No, the colours have nothing to do with damage type.

masterqgj
January 9th, 2021, 21:18
I know that they do not, but that is what i wanted to achieve anyways :)

damned
January 10th, 2021, 00:20
You can't use the colours in a dice string. Those are added to the chat depending on what the dice is. Green (g) for example is a critical dice. So you could, in your example, have an effect of DMG: 4d6, radiant and when you apply it hold SHIFT to make the roll critical damage and the critical dice will show in green.

You certainly can use them in a Dice String. I dont know if you can use them in Effects but you totally can in Dice Strings.

EDIT: Confirmed they dont work in Effects