PDA

View Full Version : Can't Multiply by decimals

anubisascends
January 9th, 2021, 04:39
Hello,

I ran into this tonight in our Pathfinder 1e game. When we type the following into the chat, it drops the multiplier altogether:

/die (8d6+5)*1.5

Now, we thought about trying this instead:

/die (8d6+5)*(1/2)

But that ends up parsing it out to the following:

(8d6+5)*1

In the end, we can multiply and divide by whole numbers, but decimals don't work properly. There are several feats in Pathfinder that allow multiplication by 1.5. We figured a way around it, but it kind of breaks the flow of the game to have to stop and do it.

Trenloe
January 9th, 2021, 10:49
What was the roll for?

Usually, with in the PF1e ruleset, where fractional rolls are possible that will be built into the action details. For example - weapon or spell damage; click the magnifying glass icon next to a damage entry to get to the damage details screen and modify as needed.

anubisascends
January 9th, 2021, 16:28
What was the roll for?

Usually, with in the PF1e ruleset, where fractional rolls are possible that will be built into the action details. For example - weapon or spell damage; click the magnifying glass icon next to a damage entry to get to the damage details screen and modify as needed.

Fair enough, but sometimes you want to type in a quick roll and you can’t. I just see it as a pretty glaring oversight, in an otherwise feature rich application, that you can’t do decimal mathematics.

Trenloe
January 9th, 2021, 16:31
Fair enough, but sometimes you want to type in a quick roll and you can’t. I just see it as a pretty glaring oversight, in an otherwise feature rich application, that you can’t do decimal mathematics.
Hopefully the dev's will chime in on this.

Trenloe
January 9th, 2021, 16:36
Just tested this: /die (8d6+5)*3/2 and it appears to work.

So just multiply by the fraction without any additional brackets.

anubisascends
January 13th, 2021, 21:09
So, that does work, and isn't any less typing, but I would still like to see the ability to type in a fraction for multiplication.

Thanks for that!