PDA

View Full Version : I want to make a tool to do this >

Larsenex
January 7th, 2021, 16:34
Greetings SW team and folks!

I am loving Unity and I dearly love the P2 system. In fact most of my players are established old persons (post 50) (like me) and have deep experience in 5e, Pathfinder 1.o, and D&D 1rst and 2nd editions.

In FG I realized that creating random encounters is not easy with the P2 ruleset at this time. We need to create an encounter, determine threat and assign the exp and of course the critters. Tables help.

Thanks to Fantasy grounds college I have the table making part done. I have tables for 1rst thru 3rd level and will begin tables for 4 & 5. I go through the two books Bestiary 1 & 2 and keep the tables with about 7 encounters most at same level two at -1 level and 2 much higher threats at +2 and +3 levels (which could easily wipe a party).

Is there a way to build/make a tool which would have or the entire bestiary databases (including the upcoming #3) which allows me to simply pull it up, input party level and threat level and it would pull a random mix for those values.

Is a tool like this 'buildable'?

I just need to understand where I would begin? Should I make tables first? Would this be created using excel?

ShadeRaven
January 7th, 2021, 16:56
It's definitely possible. The structure for determining what constitutes a threat is pretty straight forward. IE: 80 XP for a moderate can be achieved in a variety of ways which holds true for every level.

What constitutes a moderate encounter at level 1 is the same at level 5 or 10, etc. That could be anything from one Level+2 creature to eight Level-4 creatures (although, that's clearly not possible at level 1), with a myriad of combinations in between.

Now, subtly, you could integrate some filtering features that could enhance or augment the encounter builder (for example, put in the ability to have them be of the same type such as fiends or goblins), but the initial structure is pretty straight forward...it's just a matter of getting the data in to draw from.

Willot
January 8th, 2021, 08:43
Like this ?Goblin Flight Club (https://pathfinder.bulik.dev/?fbclid=IwAR3HGlrr38dorz0ok9t5HRHl53_HfrrgFhUJBv5W ubok_4pyfwmDcIGleYk)

Larsenex
January 8th, 2021, 12:34
Willot,

This page really helps. Thank you.