PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get a group playing Symbaroum

Obadiah33
January 7th, 2021, 11:36
Hey All,

I got the Symbaroum hardcover at home and just bought the FGU set.

Anyone interested in some trying to learn by playing--Contact me.

best,
obadiah

ianmward
January 8th, 2021, 08:14
Hi Obadiah,

You might get more responses sharing your location, timezone and/or prefered play time.

Good luck!

Obadiah33
January 8th, 2021, 12:25
Thanks Friend,

I will add that here. I live in Northern Wisconsin, which is a state in the midwest (middle) of the U.S. between the Great Lakes of Michigan and Superior, so that is CST (USA) GMT + 6, I believe.
So, I am willing to play at any time. I actually have an afternoon game on FGU with a group outta England (my afternoon, their evening) and play games with people all over.
In my experience, you gotta get people who are interested and then find times....build, like, a consensus wave. to play.

okedoke.

TheNephilim
February 18th, 2021, 05:30
I have most of the Symbaroum books and just love the game. I am East coast.

spoofer
February 18th, 2021, 09:49
I would love to play anything by Free League. I am moving to EST time zone in April for one year.

Obadiah33
February 18th, 2021, 20:43
Cool...
Greetings to you spoofer and theNephilim,

With you two and me and Karth, that makes four. I guess that that might be enough to get started learning by playing. Now we just gotta figure out some times to meet. So we can all make characters together and get to know one another and start learning the game together. And once we have some characters and some ideas, then we can start a campaign. I have established a discord server for us to use for voice and the game.

obadiah

spoofer
February 18th, 2021, 22:15
Cool...
Greetings to you spoofer and theNephilim,

With you two and me and Karth, that makes four. I guess that that might be enough to get started learning by playing. Now we just gotta figure out some times to meet. So we can all make characters together and get to know one another and start learning the game together. And once we have some characters and some ideas, then we can start a campaign. I have established a discord server for us to use for voice and the game.

obadiah

I am in Japan now, and so my 9 a.m. is your 7 p.m. (if you are EST). But like I said, I will be there from April, for one year. I would love to play during that one year.

Kevin

spoofer
February 22nd, 2021, 12:42
I just want to say that now that I have had a chance to look at the rules a bit, I am really looking forward to this.

HWCarver
February 22nd, 2021, 14:01
Hi Obadiah,

I'm in UTC -5, an hour later than you. I'm interested in exploring a new rule set and new setting. I have a full-time job M-F. M-Th I can't play more than two-three hours in the evening. Fridays I can manage a longer session if it starts around 1600 to 1700 your time. On Saturdays, I'm currently open in the afternoons and early evenings. My Sunday schedule is a bit dicey at the moment, but likely to be open for gaming from late morning to late afternoon/early evening.

-Carver

spoofer
February 22nd, 2021, 14:11
Yeah! One more. :)

Welcome HWC!

Obadiah33
February 22nd, 2021, 14:45
Welcome HWC,

I sent you a message with our discord server/channel. So we can meet on discord and discuss whens and wheres and hows.

Hey Karth and Nephilim. Feel free to join us on the discord channel for planning and such.

thanks

Kona
June 10th, 2021, 18:01
did this group ever get off the ground?

TheNephilim
June 10th, 2021, 20:13
did this group ever get off the ground?

Yes we already played the first adventure. But we could use more players.

Kona
June 10th, 2021, 20:32
What night did you pick? I am in 2 other games already in different rules systems but just uncovered this gem and would get into a game. Be warned I am a new to the system but have the core rules on the way and have been digesting vids for 2 weeks now.

Cheers

TheNephilim
June 10th, 2021, 20:55
What night did you pick? I am in 2 other games already in different rules systems but just uncovered this gem and would get into a game. Be warned I am a new to the system but have the core rules on the way and have been digesting vids for 2 weeks now.

Cheers

Thursday night 7:30 PM Eastern

Kona
June 10th, 2021, 21:17
Thursday night 7:30 PM Eastern

oh no such a shame. I already have a game that night. So sorry, I was really hoping our times would match up. Best of luck in the campaign. If I may ask how do you like the system so far, no DM rolls and all.?

TheNephilim
June 10th, 2021, 21:19
oh no such a shame. I already have a game that night. So sorry, I was really hoping our times would match up. Best of luck in the campaign. If I may ask how do you like the system so far, no DM rolls and all.?

We are figuring it out as we go. We have had lag issues. The GM is figuring it out with us, but we are all having fun role playing so it is all good.

spoofer
June 10th, 2021, 21:50
Hi there,

Yeah, we are having issues. Anyways, maybe we could switch to Mon. or Tues. Are you free on either of those? I will mention you to the game master.

Kona
June 10th, 2021, 21:58
Hi there,

Yeah, we are having issues. Anyways, maybe we could switch to Mon. or Tues. Are you free on either of those? I will mention you to the game master.

I am good both those nights as it stands.

Obadiah33
June 10th, 2021, 23:48
I am good both those nights as it stands.

hey all

tonight might be a no-go. in the middle of severe weather and having power/internet issues...

for KONA,
I welcome you to join us on our discord channel and talk with us and learn with us
i will private message you the invite.

we can all try to figure out a good time for the max/most players and fun.

KrakkaKilla
August 21st, 2021, 17:26
Are you still intending to play. i played a few games and love the setting. I'm GMT+3. Let me know.