PDA

View Full Version : Saving Throw Token Graphics - Tick and Cross - How to turn them off?

WinterSoldier7
January 6th, 2021, 17:47
Now, this may have changed in the latest few releases, as I haven't tried it for a while, but during my sessions I've been manually rolling saving throw dice rather than allowing PCs to target and select from the Actions tab.

I did this because, succeed or fail, the NPC token would then have a huge tick or cross graphic across them, which seemed to persist.

I found on these forums that typing /dsave in the chatbox removed the graphics, but it was just a hassle.

So... if these are still a thing, do they eventually remove themselves from the token or is there a way to turn them off altogether?

LordEntrails
January 6th, 2021, 18:04
Sounds like you are using an extension that is doing that. Or maybe my options are set different than you because none of that sounds familiar to me. Can you check extensions and post a screen shot or two? And I will see if I can reproduce.

Zacchaeus
January 6th, 2021, 18:20
Indeed, turn off the offending extension.

WinterSoldier7
January 6th, 2021, 18:32
You know, it totally is.

I've attached an image of the absolute eyesore, covering up my token; 42638

I found an option called 'saving throw graphics', which must be it. It's part of the 5e enhancer extension. Problem is, it's already turned to off and just not doing as it's being told.

Zacchaeus
January 6th, 2021, 18:42
I'm not sure that the combat enhancer works very well in Unity. I'd remove the extension altogether if you are having issues. That issue you can see, but there could bee others that you aren't seeing.

WinterSoldier7
January 6th, 2021, 18:59
I'll have to play a session with it turned off, yeah. I added it from the get-go, so haven't really experienced FGU without it.

Gonna miss those spatters of blood on the tokens...

Thanks all

Trenloe
January 6th, 2021, 19:09
The 5E Enhancer is designed for Unity. But it's not being actively developed. If you have issues with it I suggest posting in the thread for that extension, people who use it may give you some ideas.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?51353-5E-Enhancer

Bonkon
January 7th, 2021, 03:00
Good Day Wintersoldier7 :)
If you are using the enhancer or the extensions that a couple people broke it down to be modular, the command to clear the saved checks and X’s is /dsave. :)

WinterSoldier7
January 7th, 2021, 10:37
Good Day Wintersoldier7 :)
If you are using the enhancer or the extensions that a couple people broke it down to be modular, the command to clear the saved checks and X’s is /dsave. :)

Hey, Bonkon!

Yeah, I've been using /dsave but it got to the point where I was tired of the PCs asking me what it was they had to all type in again and again. We ended up just rolling saving throws manually.

I've turned off that sub extension now and it's sorted, think I'm happy with that.

Thanks for the input everyone!

Ludd_G
January 7th, 2021, 15:36
Hi Wintersoldier7,

just in case you didn't know, once you've typed /dsave (or anything for that matter) into the chat box, and before you press return, you can drag it onto your quick-bar at the bottom of the screen. I've got mine on F3 and i also get my players to do the same. It makes getting rid of the ticks and crosses instantaneous with just the click of my F3 key.

Cheers,

Simon